Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:37 am

I remember a post in a thread from a while ago saying that some SCs are kept due to hub/competitive necessity (e.g. at hubs), but others have to justify their existence from a financial perspective. Is BOS fairly secure due to the international flights? I'm not worried about it going away, just curious is Delta considers BOS to be enough of a focus city for it to justify the SC's being there.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I would think they have a pretty long lease on the space since they pretty much control terminal A. There are a good number of DL flights out of BOS, and with the international departures they picked up some feeder connection traffic that adds pax to the SC, particularly in the late afternoon.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
I remember a post in a thread from a while ago saying that some SCs are kept due to hub/competitive necessity (e.g. at hubs), but others have to justify their existence from a financial perspective. Is BOS fairly secure due to the international flights? I'm not worried about it going away, just curious is Delta considers BOS to be enough of a focus city for it to justify the SC's being there.
Being that Boston is the largest metro Airport that is NOT hub captive, I see it staying due to an overflowing presence of B6 and US.

DL + ST partners have enough international routes to keep the club busy. But then again they have to battle B6's ever growing presence, especially with all the non-stops.

Others, feel free to refute me if I'm wrong .
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Agree with all the great comments. Being BOS based, I have come to really value the SC there. Staff and space are among the best I've had domestically. If I were not BOS based, don't know that I would have joined when I did.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
When the new terminal was finished 5 - 7 years ago there were 2 clubs there. Then CO moved to Terminal A, and DL leased sub-leased one of the clubs to CO. At first there was no liquor, now only Beer & Wine, Boston Politics.

Besides the international flying out of BOS you have the shuttle as well. NW had its own club over in Terminal E and with the merger, NW moved its flights to A. That was an older tired NW club, but a very knowledgable staff.

I am not sure what is going on with CO and UA in BOS. UA has it facilities in Terminal C and its own club. BTW, the club CO subleased was the smaller of the 2 clubs in BOS/
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL DM | 1 Million Miler
I don't even check the gate anymore. I just automatically walk over to the SC in BOS, even if my gate is located opposite of the SC.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by avidflyer
One of the nicest in the domestic system IMO. Easy walk with moving walkways through the tunnel..I would do it.
Agreed. I am in the BOS Sky Club right now and enjoying every minute of it. This is a nice club with a huge business center, which fits my needs perfectly, and they are serving a Boston favourite: Sam Adams, which I am enjoying whilst waiting for my mum to arrive from DTW later in the evening. I would say that this is my favourite club of the lot.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Not related to the club, but since many of you frequent the BOS club...where does DL serve out of Boston with a 747? Mrs. TrojanTraveler saw it take off after arriving on the 4pm shuttle yesterday (so around 5pm or so).
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
DL does not operate a 747 out of BOS. Largest plane is a 767-400ER for the BOS-LHR route.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by rylan
DL does not operate a 747 out of BOS. Largest plane is a 767-400 for the BOS-LHR route.
Definitely a 767-400. There was one there about an hour ago or so in some type of pink livery. I think it was N846MH or something.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
DL does not operate a 747 out of BOS. Largest plane is a 767-400ER for the BOS-LHR route.
That's what I thought. But she knows what a 747 looks like, and was certain that's what it was in DL livery...thought it was odd enough to email me from the tarmac a few minutes after 5pm.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
That's what I thought. But she knows what a 747 looks like, and was certain that's what it was in DL livery...thought it was odd enough to email me from the tarmac a few minutes after 5pm.
Did you ask how long she had been in the BOS sky club?
hhdl and awonderer like this.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by McGoogles
Did you ask how long she had been in the BOS sky club?
She was arriving from LGA, so hadn't made it that far...

And even as a DM, didn't get the upgrade.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Maybe it was LH flight 423 to FRA? It departed around 5PM yesterday and is a 744.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
Maybe it was LH flight 423 to FRA? It departed around 5PM yesterday and is a 744.
I asked her the same thing (I thought LH was the only 747 at BOS), and she said no, it was DL. Maybe she was blinded by all the brilliant sunshine we've been having...she hadn't had any of the cheap shuttle wine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.