Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2023, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
As mentioned above, A18 is the newer and larger lounge. Go with that especially if you are departing from the satellite area over there.
Definitely agree, having been there last week - started in the other one, but moved when told that the other one was the only one with kosher meals available. I’d say it was just about a five minute walk over to the satellite concourse, so even if your gate is one of the lower ones (as mine was) it’s probably still worth heading across. They also have the self check in kiosks there, unlike the closer one which just has a desk.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sholmes149
Thanks for feedback. I gave my wife the option of joining me in the Sky Club for $50. She would prefer to go to Legal Seafood and have the meal there. All is well in the household
The Legal in A just reopened recently after renovations. Report back how it is.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
SC@E vs. SC@A

Originally Posted by truncated
A18 is much better - larger and has more seating, better views, fairly recently renovated, greater food selection and much nicer bathrooms
I will fly back from CDG with 3 hr 15 min layover time in BOS. My final destination is BWI. Should I attempt to go through security check at E and visit this brand new SC before heading to Terminal A? I have both pre-Check and Clear. Or I just go to Terminal A18 SC directly.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Kmxu
I will fly back from CDG with 3 hr 15 min layover time in BOS. My final destination is BWI. Should I attempt to go through security check at E and visit this brand new SC before heading to Terminal A? I have both pre-Check and Clear. Or I just go to Terminal A18 SC directly.
I’d say it depends on what the timing looks like. We had a similar-length layover, and got through border control pretty quickly but then waited a very long time for our checked bags. By the time we got them, dropped them back on the belt, got over the bridge to A and cleared security, we had less than an hour until boarding, in which case I’d probably just stick with the one in A. If you get your bags quickly (or aren’t checking any) and you see the security line at E is short, may as well check out the new one.
Yahtzee and Kmxu like this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 10:15 am

I am going to be visiting this lounge later in October. I am very excited by what I have seen. I only wish it had a Sky Deck.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LoungeGuide
I am going to be visiting this lounge later in October. I am very excited by what I have seen. I only wish it had a Sky Deck.
Better that the space was used for all indoors, then an outside area that you can only use half the year if you're lucky... and it would've only been on the tarmac facing side if they did do one as the exterior building design from the front would not accommodate a deck.
LoungeGuide likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 11:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
a few DL Mexico/Caribbean morning departures, so these passengers are essentially out of luck when it comes to lounge access.
The Mexico/Caribbean departures are from A, though? The arrivals are at E, but they can tow the narrowbodies to A for the next (likely domestic) departure. The TATL departures (ex Ireland) moved to E because it was impractical to tow 767/330s to A in the afternoon/evening rush (Ireland preclears, so those flights arrive at A): late morning doesn't have that limitation.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Correct, those Mexico and Caribbean flights depart from A, and even arrive in A if a per-clearance location such as Aruba.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 2:09 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by rylan
Correct, those Mexico and Caribbean flights depart from A, and even arrive in A if a per-clearance location such as Aruba.
Actually they've shifted the Mexico/Caribbean flights to E as well (except AUA which remains at A)
Old Oct 3, 2023, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Oh interesting, missed that notice. Unfortunately all of those other flights (CUN/MBJ/PUJ) depart in the morning so its actually a negative for those flights since now instead of having the A clubs, there is no club access in E since the SC there doesn't open until 1:30pm.
hhdl and awonderer like this.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 7:07 pm

Best alternatives now in E?
Delta PLT, traveling on AF BOS-CDG in coach. With the rules change, I won't be able to visit the new SC in E, and the AF lounge is pretty sad. Any better alternatives? Is Virgin Clubhouse an option as Skyteam Elite+? Will they charge extra for my Kids aged 2 and 4?
Old Oct 9, 2023, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
There's no longer a Virgin Clubhouse in Boston.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Chaz_12
Best alternatives now in E?
Delta PLT, traveling on AF BOS-CDG in coach. With the rules change, I won't be able to visit the new SC in E, and the AF lounge is pretty sad. Any better alternatives? Is Virgin Clubhouse an option as Skyteam Elite+? Will they charge extra for my Kids aged 2 and 4?
Elite+ would only grant one guest. The Virgin Clubhouse has not reopened and (with the SC now open) is unlikely to reopen as a ST lounge. The AF lounge does take Priority Pass, so they may let you use that access to guest in one of your kids (or not, there's every possibility that in the lead up to the AF departures they won't accept PP).
Old Nov 13, 2023, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Has anyone flying Air France out of Logan had difficulty going to the new Delta Terminal E lounge instead of the Air France basement?
Old Nov 14, 2023, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Has anyone flying Air France out of Logan had difficulty going to the new Delta Terminal E lounge instead of the Air France basement?
AF J boarding pass scanned without a problem in late September. Getting the $15-$20 per access (offset against what DL pays in AMS/CDG) from AFKL J and Flying Blue Golds and Platinums is a major reason that lounge (as with ORD) is as nice as it is. Note that DL GM/PM/DM won't get access if flying AFKL in Y.

Just remember that you'll get your steps in going from the SC to AF's usual gates.
Yahtzee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.