Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2009, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I was in the BOS club yesterday around 5:30 pm. The food "spread" was as the OP described but it's the same that all the clubs put out around that time. It's certainly not evidence that DL is responding to the food complaints. The only thing noteworthy from the OP's post was that it was available as early as 2:00 pm. That I haven't seen before.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nebraskaboy
I personally would love to see the BOS club (and all really) replace the individually processed cheese with a block of velveta. Put it in a cheese dome to fancy it up a little, get a nice cheese knife (plastic of course) so we can chop off as much as we'd like...
Health code fail.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by nebraskaboy
I personally would love to see the BOS club (and all really) replace the individually processed cheese with a block of velveta. Put it in a cheese dome to fancy it up a little, get a nice cheese knife (plastic of course) so we can chop off as much as we'd like... it's essentially the same thing as the current offering but reduces waste (plastic wrappers) and is just yellow 'cheese food' instead of white 'cheese food'.... right!?!
LOL, so true so true
Old Nov 11, 2009, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
How exactly does one fancy up a block of velveeta?

I was at the SC in ORD last week and the dried fruit was very good. I've never had dried Kiwi fruit before. I will miss having access to the SC if UA doesn't get their gear together with the RCC and improve the food.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 3:36 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by raehl311
Health code fail.
Epic health code fail. But that doesn't mean they couldn't do a fancy looking spiral arrangement of Velveeta individually wrapped singles...
Old Nov 12, 2009, 6:06 am

Programs: DM
Sorry if I am slightly off topic and biased.

The girls in the BOS Skyclub are some of the best you will find anywhere! If you are there late morning and the bagels have been put away don't be surprised to hear a cheerful "hold on a minute and I'll get you one". This is what I heard about a month ago after asking another member if he knew what time they put the bagels away (it was around 11am) for my own future reference.

These girls are the best
Old Nov 12, 2009, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by WIRunner
How exactly does one fancy up a block of velveeta?
Stick a little toothpick with a paper American flag on it.

Mike
Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL 1MM, AA Exec Plat
BOS SkyClub

Can anyone comment on this SC location? I just tried to go in, but its hours are form 5am-7:30pm. It looks fantastic from the outside, but am curious as to how it is inside
Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
It's very nice, bright, spacious and airy and has great views of the apron between the DL and US Terminals. I have been there at all days/times, and never seen it overwhelmingly crowded (my guess would be between the seating, bar and business center areas it seats about 125-150 comfortably) It is one of the newest lounges in the system. Standard Sky-Club food/beverage.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:10 pm

Programs: ??????????
I'm very happy to have it be my local lounge ... easily one of the top 5 loungest in the US I've ever been to. The only drawback is that terminal A at BOS has the split with the gates close to security and the ones far away. There used to be 2 SC's, but now the close one is a CO President's Club.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, BA Prem/LG, AA CK, UA GS, Marriott Ambassador
It is a bit of a haul from the Shuttle gates (it's in the satellite terminal, CO took over the SkyClub location in the main A terminal) but otherwise I'd sing its praises similarly.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Not a bad lounge - I've never seen it get too busy. Nice to have Sam Adams on draft there as well ^

I'm going to miss using it when I visit my parents in BOS - the EWR SkyClub is nowhere near the BOS SC in quality.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:05 pm

Programs: WN A-list, Hyatt Glob, HH DM, Marriott Plat
Tried it last Sunday. Spacious, good snacks and drinks, flat screen TVs. TVs could not get a signal because of the weather but that did not bother me. Comfortable chairs. Very close to my gate (A16).
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
The BOS SkyClub is very nice, though the snack areas are somewhat cramped. As others have said, the overall space is airy and bright, and there's a nice eastern view in the early morning hours.

The lounge's best feature, though, is the staff. Whenever faced with IRROPS, I've found the agents most capable and gracious in their reworking my intinerary.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 9:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
I found the Boston SC to be a great club - no issues. Take that from someone who is usually down on the SC these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.