Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by djjohn97
It is a modern club and was very comfortable the few times I've been through.

They Sam Adams on tap at the bar. The only drawback is that it is not a self service bar. But all the employees I've interacted with there have been excellent.
Newcastle too.

Reaffirming it's one of the nicest clubs out there. The staff makes it special.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yes... mimosas are a nice treat! And definitely some of the best staff.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA-1K; DL-1MM; SPG-P75; Marriot-P
BOS has hands down my favorite domestic SC. I like the modernist feeling of it (all achieved without blue light) and the staff is one of the most courteous.
The only problem, they always want to break into my box of Mike's cookies!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
As a general note, you mentioned possibly going to the CO Presidents Club. As someone who has been a P Club member for many years and a SC member for the past few, IMO the SCs overall have better food and are better values than are the PCs. I'm always surprised to hear the complaints about the SC in this forum when, again IMHO and based on my experiences with both clubs, the average SC is much superior to the average PC.
It is all relative, I know the admirals clubs charge for all drinks or at least use to.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL GM
Great space, wonderful staff, and a refuge from "Airwaves," the equally obnoxious successor to "Logan Radio."
Old Aug 23, 2011, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
during some of the evening TATL departures I have gotten some nice premium beverages as well. Not a bad club, but the snack selection is often abysmal.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by troyintn
It is all relative, I know the admirals clubs charge for all drinks or at least use to.
Booze is now free in the ACs.

As has been said, it's all relative and subjective. What one person calls lousy another calls good. I like the SCs much better than the PCs, and one thing I like is the vastly superior snacks in the SC versus the PC, IMHO. The selection is much better in the SC.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
The BOS club is awesome as are the staff. I've cutback my DL travel in the past year and they still remember me and greet me by name. Hopefully DL can work a mutually beneficial agreement with Massport to take the club above TSA back. Now that the CDG and LHR flights are going the SC does get busy in the evenings but with summer winding down its less of a concern.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:06 pm

Programs: WN,DL,AA,UA,B6,more!
Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
As a general note, you mentioned possibly going to the CO Presidents Club. As someone who has been a P Club member for many years and a SC member for the past few, IMO the SCs overall have better food and are better values than are the PCs. I'm always surprised to hear the complaints about the SC in this forum when, again IMHO and based on my experiences with both clubs, the average SC is much superior to the average PC.
Also worth mentioning the BOS PC doesn't have a liquor license. They only serve beer and wine Also the snacks were almost non-existent when I was there back in May.

I too agree this is one of the best sky clubs I have been in. That said I still need to visit the new one at ATL in D and also NRT.

I will be at the BOS Sky Club tomorrow!

Foo
Old Aug 24, 2011, 1:30 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
+1 to all the great comments flowing in. As a Bostonian and a Delta Flyahhhh I can say the BOS SC is Simply Amazing.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 6:41 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AA
Originally Posted by avidflyer
+1000
^ And they always thank me for walking over when my flight is in the other terminal.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: DL AA
Agree that its one of the best clubs in the system - that I've been to at least. Very friendly staff. Being based in ATL, its a shock to my system to enter a skyclub where you don't to look around to find seating.

As for the snacks - selection seems pretty standard to me.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
I don't get to the BOS club much anymore and I was more of a NW flier than DL,. I am curious if any of the Agents were retained from the NW side, they were quite good. The club is my favorate club after DTW & MSP
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Singleflyer
I don't get to the BOS club much anymore and I was more of a NW flier than DL,. I am curious if any of the Agents were retained from the NW side, they were quite good. The club is my favorate club after DTW & MSP
I was a NW flyer as well but the BOS SC is better than the old BOS WC by far. I do not believe any of the attendants are the old WC crew. I remember the redhead (Russian I think) and she was fantastic!
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Actually a couple of the agents are from NW... and they were especially helpful during the integration when the computer systems were still sort of separate. One of them took care of getting an PMU processed on a DL flight with NW metal to asia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.