US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 11:02 am

Hi all, I was pending, then approved for the FlexPerks card but for a measly $1k CL (no prior banking relationship with US Bank...). Anyone have experience calling their recon line and upping the limit? TIA!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:01 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by baronworm
yes, I've been doing this every quarter for the past year or so.
Me too. I set my Google calendar to remind me to redeem every 3 month's. It is really easy to earn.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by fastpaced
Hi all, I was pending, then approved for the FlexPerks card but for a measly $1k CL (no prior banking relationship with US Bank...). Anyone have experience calling their recon line and upping the limit? TIA!
I got them to reallocate from one card. I applied for 2 business cards and they reallocated some from the one that was approved to the one that was declined. But you should just call them and try, it can't hurt.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:37 am

The US Bank online interface doesn't seem very good. Mine is showing purchases of $5000, it doesn't show any payments, and then it shows the balance as $0 (I don't agree with this math either). Then there is some language that this is not the actual statement but that an actual statement was sent to the billing department. I think I did remember receiving 2 statements in the mail, but was hoping that I could bring them both up online somehow.

The website also says that I have a balance of 0 but I calculate my balance to be $583.69 (resulting balance after a $503.95 charge on 1/12 and then a payment of 1998.12 on 1/14), according to when I download all of the data in a CSV file. Then they have something called the "central bill account" where they have the balance showing correctly.

How quickly do they award the flex perks points? Does that happen pretty much right after the charge posts?

I also tried to set up automatic payments a while ago but I am not sure if that worked. Is there a way to tell whether that request actually went through?

Last edited by Silverthunder; Jan 16, 2015 at 1:26 am
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:24 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Silverthunder
I think I did remember receiving 2 statements in the mail, but was hoping that I could bring them both up online somehow.
If it's a business card, you have to set up a separate account for the "Central Bill Account" number that was on one of your statements.

The balance that shows on the other account - the one that will link to any other personal cards you have - will always show $0 and you can't pay on that account. You can only pay on the Central Bill Account via its own username.

Super annoying.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: United: 1K, BA: Silver, IHG: Plat, Hyatt: Plat, Marriott: Gold, SPG: Gold, Avis: Chairman
I'm about to close my Flexperks credit card account to avoid the annual fee. I've cashed out as many points as possible. Got 1898 remaining. First person to private message me the account number to transfer to can have them!

Update: Miles donated to skibum3d - Enjoy!

Last edited by travellermatt; Jan 17, 2015 at 11:56 am Reason: Miles were donated to lucky user!
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by travellermatt
I'm about to close my Flexperks credit card account to avoid the annual fee. I've cashed out as many points as possible. Got 1898 remaining. First person to private message me the account number to transfer to can have them!
PM sent.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
If it's a business card, you have to set up a separate account for the "Central Bill Account" number that was on one of your statements.

The balance that shows on the other account - the one that will link to any other personal cards you have - will always show $0 and you can't pay on that account. You can only pay on the Central Bill Account via its own username.

Super annoying.
Thank you.

I have 2 login accounts. One is for my personal card and the other is for my 2 business cards. One of the business cards is not a flex perks earning card.

Under the business login, the central bill account seems to mirror the flex perks business account only (in terms of available credit)

So it seems like I make payments to the central bill account business, the business credit card that is not a flex perks card, and the central bill account under my personal account login.
Or are you saying that I need to create another login account for my credit card that is not a flex perks card? And then that new login (different username) will show a central bill account for that card..
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Silverthunder
So it seems like I make payments to the central bill account business, the business credit card that is not a flex perks card, and the central bill account under my personal account login.
Or are you saying that I need to create another login account for my credit card that is not a flex perks card? And then that new login (different username) will show a central bill account for that card..
My understanding for any USBank Business Card (FlexPerks or not) you have to have a total of two logins for each card. One login will show "Business Credit Card" with an accurate credit line but NO balance/charges. The other will show "Central Bill Account" with NO credit line but accurate balance/charges.

I've never had more than one business card open at the same time, so I'm not sure what that example looks like. However, for the example of two personal cards and one business card, it looks like this:

Login 1 -
"Credit Card - 1111" <-- personal card #1, pay this
"Credit Card - 2222" <-- personal card #2, pay this
"Business Card - 3333"

Login 2 -
"Central Bill Account - 4444" <-- actual business card account, pay this
"Business Card - 3333"
Old Jan 20, 2015, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Anyone tried the "dailyfeats" program listed on the promos site? You mark positive health/lifestyle choices as complete to earn points. Apparently you can earn 500 FlexPoints every 90 days?
Originally Posted by baronworm
yes, I've been doing this every quarter for the past year or so.
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
Me too. I set my Google calendar to remind me to redeem every 3 month's. It is really easy to earn.
Easiest 500 points in a while... There are promo codes for an extra 50 points at signup, on top of the usual 50 they give. That's enough right there to redeem. I spent about a half hour "achieving" feats I happened to have already done that day. Now I have enough points for the next two quarters already. Thanks for encouraging it!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Woot! Purchased first ticket at $394.20 for 20,000 points. Had to sweat it out for a couple of weeks while my daughter finalized her plans. Price kept moving above and below $400.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
US Bank Flexperks deceptive advertising!

I just had my second bad experience in a row with trying to get a plane ticket with US Bank Flexperks. I've had this card for many years and can attest that this problem only started recently.

ORD-MSP-ORD ticket priced at $332 on United.com and Orbitz.com. Exact same flights at Flexperks site was $506. I called Flexperks agent and asked them to honor their promise not to upcharge for airline tickets. Agent said their is nothing they can do.

Same problem happened to me a few weeks ago so this is an ongoing issue of false advertising. Flexperks marketing materials claim they do not add fees at redemption yet their price is significantly higher than all other websites. Agent claimed that the $332 price could be a "special" and their system only has regular prices. I find that excuse to be BS.

Very disappointed in the program now.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by msp_flyer
I just had my second bad experience in a row with trying to get a plane ticket with US Bank Flexperks. I've had this card for many years and can attest that this problem only started recently.

ORD-MSP-ORD ticket priced at $332 on United.com and Orbitz.com. Exact same flights at Flexperks site was $506. I called Flexperks agent and asked them to honor their promise not to upcharge for airline tickets. Agent said their is nothing they can do.

Same problem happened to me a few weeks ago so this is an ongoing issue of false advertising. Flexperks marketing materials claim they do not add fees at redemption yet their price is significantly higher than all other websites. Agent claimed that the $332 price could be a "special" and their system only has regular prices. I find that excuse to be BS.

Very disappointed in the program now.
I thought flexperks was good for the easy itineraries. But this is truly sad. The agents are hopeless. When I told an older lady that I can see these flights at $575, while the best she could find for me was $1300, she said "I recommend you redeem your points for statement credit and use those funds to book the flight you found".

Sadly the chance that you will get 2 CPM value out of flexperks points is very rare. The cancellation policy is horrible. I have cancelled a ticket directly with united. Let's see if I'm able to use those funds easily on another booking.

Let's take advantage of them as much as we can.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
The cancellation policy is horrible. I have cancelled a ticket directly with united. Let's see if I'm able to use those funds easily on another booking.
What is the FlexPerks cancellation policy...are you just SOL if cancelling?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:54 pm

I have had these points for 6 months, and never found a use for them, despite multiple flights during the period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.