US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by smitty06
I usually just purchase a 50 dollar card online and they reimburse 25 dollars when I call.
Why $50? you think it's more likely that they will reimburse for that versus a $25 gift card? Or you do $50 and then you tell them to reimburse the rest as you will fly a return trip and so they would owe you another $25.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by Silverthunder
Why $50? you think it's more likely that they will reimburse for that versus a $25 gift card? Or you do $50 and then you tell them to reimburse the rest as you will fly a return trip and so they would owe you another $25.
lowest value gift card you can buy
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:35 pm

I have a FlexPerks Visa from when they had the Olympic bonus a few years ago. I still have enough points for a free ticket but haven't flown anywhere recently that made sense to redeem the points (last time we flew it was a $200 ticket). The past couple of years I've redeemed the points to pay the annual fee and then make the required purchases to get them back.

I got an offer today for the FlexPerks Travel Rewards AMEX with 10,000 bonus points for $500 in purchases. I have other US Bank accounts so the annual fee will be waived in subsequent years. Is there any way that I can move the points from the first card over to this one so I can keep them but close the Visa account to avoid the annual fee?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by MisterBill
I have a FlexPerks Visa from when they had the Olympic bonus a few years ago. I still have enough points for a free ticket but haven't flown anywhere recently that made sense to redeem the points (last time we flew it was a $200 ticket). The past couple of years I've redeemed the points to pay the annual fee and then make the required purchases to get them back.

I got an offer today for the FlexPerks Travel Rewards AMEX with 10,000 bonus points for $500 in purchases. I have other US Bank accounts so the annual fee will be waived in subsequent years. Is there any way that I can move the points from the first card over to this one so I can keep them but close the Visa account to avoid the annual fee?
There's an offer for 20 000 points after spending $500. Check to see if you get it in their targeted tool.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Phantom707
There's an offer for 20 000 points after spending $500. Check to see if you get it in their targeted tool.
I did, only the $500/10k for me (which i also got in the mail) and nothing for my wife.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 4:50 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just came across this card in my search for bank bonuses. Is it worth applying for both the Visa and Amex FlexPerks or just Amex
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:01 am

Points can be combined

So I got a response from US Bank - "We understand you are inquiring about applying for a new account. We would be happy to address this matter. FlexPoints may be transferred between any FlexPerks cardmembers. Additionally, if you have two or more FlexPerks loyalty numbers, those loyalty numbers can be combined into a single rewards account."

So I'm definitely going to apply for the new account so I can transfer my points from the Visa card to AMEX and then cancel the Visa card before I get with another annual fee.

Update -- I was able to include my existing Flexpoints account number on the application so I won't even have to transfer points. Sadly I was not immediately approved. I'll have to call them to see what the problem is.

Last edited by MisterBill; Jul 13, 2015 at 8:09 am
Old Jul 15, 2015, 2:20 am

Is it normal to have a transaction item for the annual fee even if it's waived? I signed up for an Amex Flex Perks card under the semi targeted spend $500 in 30 days, get 20 000 points offer. I could have sworn that it said the annual fee was waived the first year.

My first statement closed, and I was charged $0.00 for "Annual Membership Fee". This is my first US Bank card, so I don't know what to expect.

I also have a gold checking account that supposedly waives the annual fee on the Amex card, so I don't know if that's it. Can anyone confirm whether the targeted $500 offer included the annual fee being waived the first year?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it normal to have a transaction item for the annual fee even if it's waived?

My first statement closed, and I was charged $0.00 for "Annual Membership Fee". This is my first US Bank card, so I don't know what to expect.
I can't remember if it's normal for US Bank, but it's certainly normal for many other banks. I've gotten several statements that say that recently from other banks (where I signed up for cards that had the first year annual fee waived).

And it can be useful, since it has a date on it, and that date is presumably going to be the same each year, so it informs you of when your annual fee will be billed once it's not waived (in successive years).

I also have a gold checking account that supposedly waives the annual fee on the Amex card
Gold checking account with whom? US Bank or Amex the bank? This Amex FlexPerks card is issued by US Bank. It has nothing to do with benefits that apply to cards issued by Amex the bank.

(There are Amex cards issued by Amex the bank, like the Membership Rewards cards and Delta cards, and then there Amex cards issued by other banks.)
Old Jul 15, 2015, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I can't remember if it's normal for US Bank, but it's certainly normal for many other banks. I've gotten several statements that say that recently from other banks (where I signed up for cards that had the first year annual fee waived).

And it can be useful, since it has a date on it, and that date is presumably going to be the same each year, so it informs you of when your annual fee will be billed once it's not waived (in successive years).

Gold checking account with whom? US Bank or Amex the bank? This Amex FlexPerks card is issued by US Bank. It has nothing to do with benefits that apply to cards issued by Amex the bank.

(There are Amex cards issued by Amex the bank, like the Membership Rewards cards and Delta cards, and then there Amex cards issued by other banks.)
I have a gold checking account with US Bank. I've read reports in a lot of different places (as well as conflicting reports on other places) that having a gold checking account with US Bank grants a waiver of the annual fee for the US Bank Flex Perks American Express credit card. Specifically the Amex version and not the Visa version.

I don't believe Amex Centurion Bank has checking accounts open to the public. If I had enough money to have one, I would probably not be asking and wiring about a relatively small annual fee :P.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: All of em...
Anyone know if the AU's on the AMEX Flexperks card have different credit card #'s? This would be really important for large families & Serve.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 11:12 am

y first statement closed, and I was charged $0.00 for "Annual Membership Fee". This is my first US Bank card, so I don't know what to expect.

I also have a gold checking account that supposedly waives the annual fee on the Amex card, so I don't know if that's it. Can anyone confirm whether the targeted $500 offer included the annual fee being waived the first year?
Having a $0 annual fee show up is not all that unusual, I've seen it at Citi and others. If you want to talk strange, I just opened the US Bank Gold Checking account and was shocked to see a $10.95 monthly charge, and calmed down when I saw a corresponding $10.95 credit. That was strange. To answer your question, I guess that having the AMEX card waives the monthly checking account charge, and the checking account waives the annual AMEX card charge. Strange, but it works.

My application for the FlexPerks AMEX finally got approved. I don't understand these folks.. my application got deferred supposedly because I have too much available credit with them (per the person I spoke to on the phone in underwriting), it took a week for them to approve the application, and then they gave me a $20k credit line. The person I spoke to today could not tell me if they'd lowered the limit on the other cards, and I just logged in and it wasn't showing me the limit. I guess I'll find out when the statements close. I find it amusing that they solicited me so heavily to get this card (pre-approval emails, snail mail and on their website when I log in) and then deferred my approval when I finally applied.

Anyway, I am excited about getting this card because now I can cancel the FlexPerks Visa when the annual fee is due in August and still keep my points.

Last edited by MisterBill; Jul 22, 2015 at 3:22 pm
Old Jul 21, 2015, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Anyone know if the AU's on the AMEX Flexperks card have different credit card #'s? This would be really important for large families & Serve.
Why would it matter for Serve? I hadn't thought about it, but now I have at least one more card to use on Small Business Saturday. I'm up to 20 (or 21)!!!

If no one else answers your question, I will when my cards show up, hopefully sometime this week.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:57 pm

Programs: All of em...
Why would it matter for Serve? I hadn't thought about it, but now I have at least one more card to use on Small Business Saturday. I'm up to 20 (or 21)!!!

If no one else answers your question, I will when my cards show up, hopefully sometime this week.
Because I manage a Serve card for every member of my family, and this only works if the AU cards have different #'s. Used to do the Arrival card, but obviously that doesn't work now (bc it's MC).
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:50 pm

Anyway, I am excited about getting this card because now I can cancel the FlexPerks Visa when the annual fee is due in August and still keep my points.
This is what I tried to do, but usbank is telling me that I will lose all points earned from the Visa card and the account resets with the Amex. Doesn't sound right. Will update when I learn more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.