US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by taxicabnumber
RE: your first question, I know that as long as you buy one ticket with points, you can buy the others with a CC. Not sure about the other questions, sorry!
Great, that helps a bit as this will be my first award ticket

Originally Posted by dukerau
CSP covers tickets purchased with the card. When you buy an airline ticket with a credit card, the passenger name and basic ticket info are transmitted to the credit card company, so they can tell which tickets were purchased with their card. The ticket you use your Flexperks for will not be covered by CSP no matter what you do unless there's a way to use Flexperks for partial (most) of the ticket cost and pay a part with CSP. Just paying award taxes with CSP activates the protections so I think any amount would work.

You can certainly buy the other two tickets separately. If I were in your shoes, I would rely on the CSP coverage for your traveling companions and either self-insure or purchase travel insurance for yourself. As for seating, as long as the airline you book allows seat selection in advance (most do but there are a few exceptions), it shouldn't be a problem to sit together. You book your flight with Flexperks, it has a PNR (confirmation record locator). You book the other two tickets with CSP, and there's a new PNR for them. Then you go on the airline's website and put one of the PNR in, find 3 seats available that you want, book the seat or two under that PNR. Log out and back in on the other PNR and book the seat(s) you identified previously. You could also call the airline but it's usually quite simple to do online.
Great thank you for that. That is an option I did not think about. I believe all the airlines that is possible for my trip allows us to pick seats so that should not be a problem, and as I am booking it near the max time before the trip that should give us the flexibility to find 3 seats available next to each other.

Originally Posted by sexykitten7
NB: CSP benefit only applies to cardholder and immediate family. From MMS
Yes they are all immediate family, thank you for making sure.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:51 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by huge
I want to book Alaska SEA-BOS and Delta BOS-SEA

The Alaska flight is $227 and the Delta return is $152, so $379 total, should be 20K flexpoints.
I sometimes book mixed Alaska/Delta trips with cash and have noticed that Delta will not allow certain fare basis codes when mixing with Alaska.

For example, if I price a complete Delta round trip, it will be around $250 - each leg V fare. If I mix with Alaska, I get ~$300 and the Delta leg is suddenly T fare.

Maybe the Flexperks engine can't understand booking it as two one-ways and it's taking the lowest available round trip fare that Delta will allow?

If so, maybe a human at the Flexperks call center could construct it correctly?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Hi all,
My wife is 455 points away from 40K, would rather not put the additional spend on this card (hoping to liquidate the points, and close the card...). I don't have a FlexPerks account, otherwise, I'd transfer the points to her myself.

Hoping for somebody who has 455 orphan points that he/she'd be willing to transfer them to her account. Please PM me if you're able/willing to help out!!!

Thanks,
Bostonbali
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I need 54 points and am planning to end this account soon.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by milemission
I need 54 points and am planning to end this account soon.
54 points for what?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by cyclotron
54 points for what?
I need 54 points to get to 5000 so I can redeem for $50 and empty it out.
Thinking just do some spending.

Have this card for a few years and am getting tired of it.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:41 am

So has anyone transferred FP points to a spouse's account and cancelled the credit card that they were originally earned on? If so, were there any problems with the points going away? I'm not expecting that there will be an issue, but given that this is US Bank, I wanted to make sure that I won't have problems before doing this. I want to get rid of the FP Visa card I got during their Olympic promotion now that the annual fee is due.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Can anyone confirm if it is possible to buy a $50 (minimum) Delta Gift card on the day of travel (on a Delta flight purchased with Flexpoints of course) and get reimbursed $25?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bostonbali
Hi all,
My wife is 455 points away from 40K, would rather not put the additional spend on this card (hoping to liquidate the points, and close the card...). I don't have a FlexPerks account, otherwise, I'd transfer the points to her myself.

Hoping for somebody who has 455 orphan points that he/she'd be willing to transfer them to her account. Please PM me if you're able/willing to help out!!!

Thanks,
Bostonbali
You only need to spend $227.50 at either supermkts or for gas only, Id get that done in < a week
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Is it just sad reality that a 2-airline round trip will price out higher on the flexperks booking engine than it does if you purchase the 2 legs separately?

I want to book Alaska SEA-BOS and Delta BOS-SEA

The Alaska flight is $227 and the Delta return is $152, so $379 total, should be 20K flexpoints.

Flexperks prices that as something like $450 total, so it wants 30K flexpoints to redeem.
I ran into this at times when I was using only 1 carrier. I called up and they were able to see the exact flights I wanted and sometimes they agreed to wavier the booking fee.

Seems they are somehow connected to Orbitz but dont get all the different flights or combos that Orbitz will show

Since I usually get tkts that are within $10 of the max allowed before having to jump up to the next cashin level,I cant complain its been great.

Last cashin was 40k for a $794 JFK-KEF tkt on DL. Never would have spent that for a tkt and DL wanted 120k for the Y tkt
Old Sep 7, 2015, 3:27 pm
jk2

Is it correct, that if a ticket costs like $801 (which will be 50K points), you can ask agent to charge 40K and pay $1 in cash? I read somewhere, but cannot find it. A ticket I'm interested costs $801.69 and US Bank Travel center is closed for holiday.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
Is it correct, that if a ticket costs like $801 (which will be 50K points), you can ask agent to charge 40K and pay $1 in cash? I read somewhere, but cannot find it. A ticket I'm interested costs $801.69 and US Bank Travel center is closed for holiday.
They used to allow that, but a customer service agent recently told me that is no longer allowed.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 7:57 am
jk2

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
They used to allow that, but a customer service agent recently told me that is no longer allowed.
Thanks! That's bad...
Old Sep 8, 2015, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
Yes I was told the same thing recently. The supervisor told me that US Bank told them a few months ago to not do this anymore.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Can anyone confirm if it is possible to buy a $50 (minimum) Delta Gift card on the day of travel (on a Delta flight purchased with Flexpoints of course) and get reimbursed $25?
I hope this is helpful:
My last time was on 11/4/14 when I had redeemed 100k points to CPT and purchased the e-Gift card online on the start date of travel.
Charge posted on 11/12/14 and reimbursement on 1/9/15.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.