US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2015, 2:07 pm

One-time 20,000 bonus FlexPoints will be awarded after when you are approved for a new U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards American Express® Card and Net Purchases (purchases minus credits and returns) totaling $500 or more post to your account within the first 90 days from account opening. Please allow 6-8 weeks for your bonus FlexPoints to be credited to your FlexPerks account. You are eligible to receive one-time bonus FlexPoints for each new FlexPerks Travel account type. Existing and previous FlexPerks Travel Rewards accounts do not qualify for bonus FlexPoints for a similar account type. One-time bonus FlexPoints do not apply toward account upgrades. Use of the U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards American Express® Card is subject to terms and conditions of the U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards American Express®Cardmember Agreement, which may be amended from time to time. This offer may not be combined with any other bonus offer. Offer is subject to credit approval.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 2:47 pm

Do you have a link to that offer? I just applied for the card last Saturday and haven't even received it yet. I'm going to try to get them to match the offer.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:38 am

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Originally Posted by Phantom707
Do you have a link to that offer? I just applied for the card last Saturday and haven't even received it yet. I'm going to try to get them to match the offer.
A link? No to criticize, but how did you submit your application? This has been the standard publicly available offer on the US Bank webpage for several months.

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/...ress-card.html
Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by Totoro
A link? No to criticize, but how did you submit your application? This has been the standard publicly available offer on the US Bank webpage for several months.

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/...ress-card.html
The page that you provided very clearly indicates the offer is 20 000 FlexPerks after spending $3500 in four months.

Earn 20,000 enrollment FlexPoints with a new FlexPerks Travel Rewards Card after you spend $3,500 in Net Purchases on your Card within the first four months of account opening.
The person above indicated an offer to earn 20 000 FlexPerks after spending $500 in three months/90 days. Unless I'm mistaken, the latter is a much better offer than the former due to its lower requirements.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
The 20,000 points for $500 spend is a targeted offer on the Amex. To see if you are targeted, the easiest way is to usbank.com, go to the credit card & prepaid cards tab at the top and then from the drop-down menu choose "Find My Card Offers" which should be the second one down. You will then need to enter you personal information and if there are any targeted offers you will see them. Some of the targeted offers I have seen are:
  • US Bank Flexperks Travel Rewards Amex, 20,000 bonus points with $500 spend in 90 days, $49 annual fee waived first year
  • Flexperks Visa Signature, 20,000 bonus points with $500 spend in 90 days, $49 annual fee waived first year
  • No Annual Fee Flexperks Amex, 10,000 bonus points with $500 spend

Hope this helps some of you.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Joe1690
The 20,000 points for $500 spend is a targeted offer on the Amex. To see if you are targeted, the easiest way is to usbank.com, go to the credit card & prepaid cards tab at the top and then from the drop-down menu choose "Find My Card Offers" which should be the second one down. You will then need to enter you personal information and if there are any targeted offers you will see them. Some of the targeted offers I have seen are:
  • US Bank Flexperks Travel Rewards Amex, 20,000 bonus points with $500 spend in 90 days, $49 annual fee waived first year
  • Flexperks Visa Signature, 20,000 bonus points with $500 spend in 90 days, $49 annual fee waived first year
  • No Annual Fee Flexperks Amex, 10,000 bonus points with $500 spend

Hope this helps some of you.
Thanks so much! I spoke with one representative, and they told me that it wouldn't be possible to get the better offer applied, but I'm currently chatting with one online to see what I can do. Interestingly, the phone rep told me that I could apply for the offer again and get 40 000 FlexPerks (she explicitly told me 40 000), but I don't think I'd be able to get approved at this point.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:53 am

I chatted with a rep yesterday, and he told me that there wouldn't be a direct way to get the better offer, but there was a "workaround" (his word). I could apply for the newer offer and then call in to have it all sorted out, at which point US Bank would close my first account and issue out a new card (because my first one was already in the mail). The rep assured me that it wouldn't affect my credit score. I did so, and I'm all set.

What's really interesting to me is that the phone representative confirmed that the same credit report was used for the new application, despite the fact that I submitted the original one last Saturday (20 June) and the new one yesterday (24 June). It sounds like a way to possibly combine inquiries.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:03 pm

I chatted with a rep yesterday, and he told me that there wouldn't be a direct way to get the better offer, but there was a "workaround" (his word). I could apply for the newer offer and then call in to have it all sorted out, at which point US Bank would close my first account and issue out a new card (because my first one was already in the mail). The rep assured me that it wouldn't affect my credit score. I did so, and I'm all set.

What's really interesting to me is that the phone representative confirmed that the same credit report was used for the new application, despite the fact that I submitted the original one last Saturday (20 June) and the new one yesterday (24 June). It sounds like a way to possibly combine inquiries.
Just saw your question. It is as Joe1690 said: got the better offer on Card Match. Sorry, should have been more clear

I am probably a pessimist, but that "workaround" sounds fraught with bad possibilities with little upside. The credit inquiries will with almost 100% certainty not combined, as they fall on different dates. And in the process of closing/opening an account, you might end up with two new accounts on your credit report, really killing the AAoA!
Old Jun 25, 2015, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by medellinfein
Just saw your question. It is as Joe1690 said: got the better offer on Card Match. Sorry, should have been more clear

I am probably a pessimist, but that "workaround" sounds fraught with bad possibilities with little upside. The credit inquiries will with almost 100% certainty not combined, as they fall on different dates. And in the process of closing/opening an account, you might end up with two new accounts on your credit report, really killing the AAoA!
Oh, hell yeah, I completely understand and was quite hesitant to do so too. However, when I had initially applied last week, I got notification from Credit Karma as well as Credit Sesame that I had a new inquiry (Experian and TransUnion), and I didn't when I made the new application Wednesday. I also made sure to save a copy of the chat log that I had with the representative, where he said very explicitly that there would be no hard pull on my credit score, so I could've disputed it if I needed to. The phone rep that I spoke with yesterday also confirmed as much.

The thing is that the phone rep told me they used the same report, not that the inquiries would be combined. I know that when similar inquiries are made on the same day they're combined by the credit bureau. However, the difference seemed to be that US Bank simply didn't make another inquiry; they reused the same report.

And regarding my AAoA, it's already pretty shot, so I don't care that much about it. If it meant that I could get 40 000 FlexPerk points, I'd have been cool with that .

If anyone else tries to attempt this, I would make sure that you get written confirmation that there wouldn't be a new inquiry; it is a bit risky despite my success.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:16 pm

Does anyone have recent experience with US Bank reconsideration? I just applied for this card, called in, was told it was denied by the system but the rep didn't know why. She said she would pass it on to a credit analyst and I could call back Monday or Tuesday for an update, but I couldn't discuss it any more with her. I was wondering if anyone has any idea what my chances are or if there's any way for me to speak directly with a credit analyst (or if that would even help)?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:28 pm

Oh, hell yeah, I completely understand ...
Nice! I think that 40 K is the best sign-up bonus that anyone has ever gotten for a Flex Perks card :-) What is your required spent?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by medellinfein
Nice! I think that 40 K is the best sign-up bonus that anyone has ever gotten for a Flex Perks card :-) What is your required spent?
Sorry, I was a bit ambiguous in my last message. I meant that if u were approved for two of the same card, I could get a total of 40 000 points, 20 000 from each. I now only have one card, with the 20 000 point offer after $500 in spend. Sorry for the confusion.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:40 pm

I have a flex perks American airline flight in a few days. On the day of the flight, do I just call American airlines and buy a gift card from them, using my Flex Perks credit cards? Or I have to do that at the airport somewhere?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by Silverthunder
I have a flex perks American airline flight in a few days. On the day of the flight, do I just call American airlines and buy a gift card from them, using my Flex Perks credit cards? Or I have to do that at the airport somewhere?
I usually just purchase a 50 dollar card online and they reimburse 25 dollars when I call.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by skibum3d
I had a travel redemption starting on May 19, and I bought a $25 United eGC that same day with my FlexPerks Visa. I just called to request a statement credit -- I had to bounce to a second CSR when the first didn't know what I was talking about. The second submitted the request, and said I'll hear back in 4-6 weeks. I'll post an update then.
As an update, my $25 travel credit was applied to my account last week. 4-6 weeks seems about right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.