US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
There's no problem with booking one RT plus half of another as a multi-segment trip, right? I can get SMF-SEA/SEA-SMF/SMF-SEA for just under $400, so I'm hoping to do that & just buy the last leg separately.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by huge
There's no problem with booking one RT plus half of another as a multi-segment trip, right? I can get SMF-SEA/SEA-SMF/SMF-SEA for just under $400, so I'm hoping to do that & just buy the last leg separately.
Yep, no issues with this.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The Golfer just got an app for an AmEx edition of the Flex Perks card. 10k bonus with $500 spend in the first 90 days. It doesn't seem to have any appreciable differences between it and the Visa.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by WIRunner
The Golfer just got an app for an AmEx edition of the Flex Perks card. 10k bonus with $500 spend in the first 90 days. It doesn't seem to have any appreciable differences between it and the Visa.
What is The Golfer? Is there another way to get this signup offer? Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2015, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by christof
What is The Golfer? Is there another way to get this signup offer? Thanks!
The Golfer is my husband. I have no idea how to get the signup, he's had the US Bank card since the days of Northwest.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
I have had the VISA since its inception, and last year got that offer for the Amex and accepted it. Indeed there are not many differences between the VISA and Amex, but I thought I would point out the differences I found:
  • You only pay the annual fee on one. So if you have the VISA and add the Amex, or vice versa, there is no additional annual fee.
  • Both VISA and Amex have a rewards reduction after the first $120,000/year. But that is per account. So if you get both you can take the full rewards up to 2x$120,000/year.
  • VISA works with Apple Pay, Amex does not.
  • Amex gets 2x Flexpoints on restaurants, VISA gets 1x
  • My Amex offer came with 15 months of 0% interest on purchases. Don't know about the The Golfer's offer, but mine did.
  • The insurance coverages are significantly different. They have similar names, but the devil is in the details, and you have to read the fine print carefully. For example, VISA car rental coverage is worldwide (with a few countries excluded), Amex is only US and Canada. There are plenty of differences in the other coverages too, and there is no clear winner but they are different and caveat emptor applies.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: Braniff, TWA, Eastern, Midwest, AA Exec, Club Carlson Gold
I've received this offer (via snail mail) several times. I've held the VISA version of this card for many years, did a lot of (non-MS) spending on it and used the rewards to get about $5k worth of air travel to and within Alaska.

The offer I got also included an annual statement credit to offset the AF. Even with that and my very positive experience above, I'm not sure that the 10k bonus is worth the hard pull, to be honest. They pull TU for me, and I have quite a few pulls there recently. If they pulled from EQ or EXP I might think differently. YMMV.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
This offer include 10K points with $500 spending vs the public offer of 20K points with $3,500 spending.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milemission
This offer include 10K points with $500 spending vs the public offer of 20K points with $3,500 spending.
The public offer seems better. For $3500 in spend (in 2x categories only) you'd get 17k pts with the targeted, or 27k pts with the open.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
  • You only pay the annual fee on one. So if you have the VISA and add the Amex, or vice versa, there is no additional annual fee.
Is this true even if you apply using the public offer, as opposed to the target snailmail 10k offer?

TIA
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:43 pm

A few days ago, I received the following snail mail offer for the Amex:
  • 20K points after $500 spend in 90 days
  • 0% interest on purchases for first 18 billing cycles
  • 0% fee on balance transfers in first 30 days
  • $49 annual fee waived for first year

I have no other US Bank accounts.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
[*]Both VISA and Amex have a rewards reduction after the first $120,000/year. But that is per account. So if you get both you can take the full rewards up to 2x$120,000/year.[/LIST]
I always thought that you can earn as much above that cap as you want. But, in order to do so, you need to have auto payment set up in a specific way, according to their terms.

However, in re-reading their terms now, it seems a little less clear. It seems that the bonus spend categories would still be applicable above 120,000 in spend but the terms are a little unclear. The bonus category paragraph does not contain verbiage regarding the above 120,000 in spend.

Are you able to clarify at all?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by Silverthunder
I always thought that you can earn as much above that cap as you want. But, in order to do so, you need to have auto payment set up in a specific way, according to their terms.

However, in re-reading their terms now, it seems a little less clear. It seems that the bonus spend categories would still be applicable above 120,000 in spend but the terms are a little unclear. The bonus category paragraph does not contain verbiage regarding the above 120,000 in spend.

Are you able to clarify at all?
Set up autopay and you get a waiver of the $120k spend limit.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greek2me
Set up autopay and you get a waiver of the $120k spend limit.
This may sound dumb. But does the autopay need to cover the entire amount? Or just the minimum balance? We tend to make a weekly payment on the account so it is paid off by the end of the month. I wouldn't mind recapturing the missing/lost points in the future.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Schutzee
Plex Perks is not one of my favorite cards, but with the frequent bonus offers I find it worth it to keep. There seems to be an offer every quarter or so.
Can you give information about what exactly these offers are?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.