US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:13 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by mile ho
Flexperks has had in the past a 120k spend limit for regular spend; after 120k in regular spend it was supposed to have gone from 1 FP per dollar spent to 1:2. I believe it used to be detailed on my statement but is no longer there. Anyone know if that limit has been lifted?
The T&C state that limit is waived if you set up auto payments to your Flexperks card. I set up auto payments, have exceeded $120k and am still getting the full FP per $ of spend, and there is a message on each month's statement stating
"Your year-to-date net purchases exceed $120,000. As a valued U.S. Bank customer, you will continue to earn 1 FlexPoint per $1 vs. 1 FlexPoint per $2 in net purchases."
Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Scotttheking
I used points for tickets on usair. Is there any opportunity to use the $25 for gift cards? Usair stopped selling them, saying to buy from AA. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
I have the same question, I don't need the checked bags but would like to get the value of $25 in gift cards if possible?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:04 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by greek2me
The T&C state that limit is waived if you set up auto payments to your Flexperks card. I set up auto payments, have exceeded $120k and am still getting the full FP per $ of spend, and there is a message on each month's statement stating
"Your year-to-date net purchases exceed $120,000. As a valued U.S. Bank customer, you will continue to earn 1 FlexPoint per $1 vs. 1 FlexPoint per $2 in net purchases."
Auto payments being what exactly? Your credit card bill is paid automatically from your bank account on the date they choose? Can you choose to pay a small portion, then pay the balance manually within 21 days once you've had a chance to review the bill - all without a finance charge?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:32 pm

Programs: SPG,Marriott,Hilton,Delta,US airways,Hyatt,Fairmont,American A,Priority Cub,Discovery,etc
Missing flexperks

Signed up for the Visa and received in Feb. I was to receive 20,000 with $3500 purchase. I received only 5000. After several emails, I reached out to social media. Immediately got a call and "investigation" pending. Any other complaints of this nature out there? Didn't do a screen saver ,doh. Comments?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by iamfrugal
Signed up for the Visa and received in Feb. I was to receive 20,000 with $3500 purchase. I received only 5000. After several emails, I reached out to social media. Immediately got a call and "investigation" pending. Any other complaints of this nature out there? Didn't do a screen saver ,doh. Comments?
Is it possible that you received the lesser flexperks card with a lower sign on bonus? Did you confirm which card you had when you activated it?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
I'm working towards earning a last 1200 points to get my total up to 20,000 - I'm putting all my spend on the card, just submitted photos from trips I took on using FlexPerks, and transferred some points from the daily feats site. What's everyone's experience been with points posting from the photo contest and daily feats? How long does it take for the photo contest points to post? I've read that it takes up to 8 weeks for the daily feats points to post - does it really take that long?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: SPG,Marriott,Hilton,Delta,US airways,Hyatt,Fairmont,American A,Priority Cub,Discovery,etc
Missing flexperks

Originally Posted by smitty06
Is it possible that you received the lesser flexperks card with a lower sign on bonus? Did you confirm which card you had when you activated it?
I did call to confirm .And earlier I spoke to an agent who stated I was to get only 10,000 and she to would "investigate". I am pretty tenacious so I plan to see it through.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
I just went through a very difficult flexperks redemption process and wanted to share what I learned. As people have commented before, the flexperks rewards center cannot see all the flights you can see on travelocity or ita. For complex itineraries, this can be a real pain.

The call center is not super helpful and as you expect, they will give you the itinerary that is easiest for them to book instead of what is good for your point balance and schedule. One even went so far to say that, "Sir, if you have already found the flights, it will be better for you to book them on your own and redeem your points for cash".

Calling them without doing research is a pure waste of time, which I did once. Lately they have been having long hold times, so while you are researching the flights call them @ 855 241 8756 and atleast you will be in the queue.

For round trip awards, I was seeing very high prices. So I started searching for one way awards. You have to enter each airport combination as multiple airport ita style is not allowed. This can take a while to go through all the airport and date combinations. When you get to the search results, sort them by price. This page only shows the points needed instead of dollar cost of these flights. To get to the dollar cost of each flight you have to select a flight and the next page will show you the price.

This way i selected the flights that added up to <$600. Then I tried to do the multi city search. I could select my outbound but it wouldn't show the return flight I found while searching for one ways. That could be because it had an aero mexico/alaska code share flight.

So at this point i called the rewards center, created the itinerary with the agent and asked him to waive the $20 fee as this could not be booked online. He kept me on hold for >10 minutes to verify that. He waived the fees and booked the flight for me!

I'm now happy with the fact that i was able to redeem 30k points per person to go to puerto vallarta for xmas and NYE.

Use every opportunity you get to redeem flexperks! They are not easy like arrival miles.
I was considering an application for the biz version of this card. After reading this thread, it doesn't seem like it's worth the hassle.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
I was considering an application for the biz version of this card. After reading this thread, it doesn't seem like it's worth the hassle.
I still think it is a great program and put lots of spend on the card. I've had good success / short(if any ) wait times when I call on weekdays before 6PMEST. I usually have the agents search until they are blue in the face and then if I need more help, HUCA. To me, this is a great program (in addition to Arrival) and part of my diverse mile/point portfolio. Now time to buy some more groceries
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
I'm still collecting flexperks points with low cost MS options.

If you are out of better options, then go for this card. The biz version has 2x office supplies instead of 2x grocery. You can also do 2x gas stations.

MS on this card is easy right now. If you are doing high volume this would be a good diversification. It can provide a good return and if you plan on taking a lot of trips and don't want to put up with award availability. Plus the AF is waived when spending > $24k.

Don't expect an awesome hassle free experience like barclays arrival. 4% towards flights is not a bad MS proposition. I feel it is certainly better than collecting miles or SPG points @ 1x as airline miles also require some work to get good value.

feel free to PM if you want to discuss your options
Old Aug 2, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Is it just me, or do other FlexPerks card holders get frequent fraud holds? It's embarrassing when a transaction is declined and then an annoyance having to call in and get the hold removed. I told them the most recent time that I am on the verge of canceling the card for this reason. None of my other cards do this. Hello, this is a travel affinity card, so there are going to be charges away from home base. BTW, these are domestic charges, not international. I know that's a whole other ball game.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 6:05 pm

I just experienced a fraud hold at a store a few miles from home. It was embarrassing and I could not get a straight answer out of the fraud department. They released the hold but now I do not have the confidence I once had in the card. I am now using another card as my main go to card and thinking about what I am going to do with Flexperks.

Last edited by Mixmaster300; Aug 2, 2014 at 6:17 pm Reason: Information edit
Old Aug 2, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I have had more fraud holds over the years from US Bank cards than all other cards put together.
It's been only for foreign transactions (other than one a few years ago at the Hertz counter in LAS that required me to pretty much give ALL of my personal info to the US Bank fraud agent over the phone).
Best example of how crazy the fraud protection is: I went to Peru in April this year, called US Bank--both bank and credit cards-- ahead of time to add the travel to my account, and still my cards (both ATM cash card and Flex Perks Credit Card) were frozen until I called from Peru, when I couldn't use them at all--and I had to actually call TWICE more. Yuck.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Refused only on tollroads abroad !

I just returned from one of my regular, prolonged visits to Europe with France in particular, and had no problems in regular stores like supermarkets in the various countries. However the French toll roads posed a problem and that's where I couldn't use the card and no, I never call ahead.
Would the system be aware of my frequent visits ?

However, after I did call ahead a few months ago to report intended use in Peru, none of my credit or debit cards would work, including ATM's.
Had to exchange $$$ for sol on the black market, luckily with a much better result.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 3:01 pm

Points now all as promised

Originally Posted by iamfrugal
I did call to confirm .And earlier I spoke to an agent who stated I was to get only 10,000 and she to would "investigate". I am pretty tenacious so I plan to see it through.
A very nice rep informed me that my remaining 15,000 would be posted on my next statement as long as there was activity. Thanks social media!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.