US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by bison0094
has anybody ever submitted a photo for the contest to win Flexpoints?
Any trouble with submissions?

I tried it for the first time this month and my submission was held in pending mode for a week and was finally approved. It cost me 10 days worth of potential votes.
As a more recent datapoint, my wife submitted a photo for this month's photo contest on Sept 2, and it was visible the next day.

Given how rarely it's mentioned here on Flyertalk, I bet this "feature" of the USBank card is not used as much as it should be. Entering the photo contest is free, takes just a minute or two, and gets you at least 500 points. (with the chance to win 20,000!) Every time we plan a trip that includes a flexperks reward ticket, I add a reminder to my calendar to submit a photo as soon as we get back.

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Sep 21, 2014 at 10:25 am Reason: no vote solicitations please
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by brownie20
received a mailing advertising no foreign transaction fees and almost missed the promo on the same mailing (noticed it just as i was about to shred it ).

register at flexperkspromos.usbank.com

from the registered promo tab:

"This fall, get 3,500 bonus FlexPoints for using your FlexPerks® Visa® card.

Fall is the perfect time for quick family getaways. It's also a great time to quickly accumulate FlexPoints. When you spend $1500 with your FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature from September 1–October 31, 2014, you'll earn 3,500 bonus FlexPoints. Then use your earnings to redeem rewards from our wide selection of electronics, fashion, sports gear, gift cards and more."

i registered a family member's card and they had earn 3500 pts with $750 in purchases!
I had this on both of our business cards, none on the personal cards.

Regarding expiration of points. I was told by CSR that transferring them to another account resets the expiration to 5 years from the transfer date. Not sure if it is true since it is so long to wait to find out. I transferred points from son's card to mine before canceling his card. If transferring truly resets date, then that is a way to extend the 5 years if you come across it down the road.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by FlyingBoat

Regarding expiration of points. I was told by CSR that transferring them to another account resets the expiration to 5 years from the transfer date. Not sure if it is true since it is so long to wait to find out. I transferred points from son's card to mine before canceling his card. If transferring truly resets date, then that is a way to extend the 5 years if you come across it down the road.
Can confirm this, when accounts are merged ^
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:37 pm

I have a question about the photo contest. I recently used points to purchase airline tickets for me and my boyfriend. I used 40,000 points for 2 tickets. Can I submit 2 photos or just 1? I have a supervisor looking into it, but he seemed to have no idea what I was talking about.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by youngdlplat
Buyer beware. I took a reward trip with Flexperks last month. We had two tickets, one each for my wife and me. That means we were entitled to $25 allowance each. I used that to pay $50 to check two bags on United. Pretty straight forward. I called today to have the $25 credited to my account. The rep said it can only be up to $25 in a transaction, so because our transaction was $50 we only get $25 back. To get the full $50 we were entitled to, I would have needed to use the Flexperks card both ways on the baggage check to get two different $25 refunds.

This is the most asinine thing I can imagine. Basically, US Bank is unwilling to credit me the $25 owed to me over a technicality. If that is in the TOS, I don't know it (it sure as heck isn't advertised).

Frankly, I have witnessed a complete and utter breakdown of service from Flexperks over the last year. After over 13 years with the card (and over $75,000 in spend last year) I will be cancelling it very soon. I look forward to the phone call in which we do that.
I know this is not a new post, but I just wanted to comment. That's absurd. I have definitely been in that situation & I was awarded the $50.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by JerseyGirlLisa
I have a question about the photo contest. I recently used points to purchase airline tickets for me and my boyfriend. I used 40,000 points for 2 tickets. Can I submit 2 photos or just 1? I have a supervisor looking into it, but he seemed to have no idea what I was talking about.
Hmmm very good question. I don't know the answer (the online rules page talks about an "Eligible Trip" as one where someone has " spent at least twenty thousand (20,000) FlexPoints to purchase their airline ticket for their trip"

But I can tell you this: even if you CAN submit two photos for the contest, you are only eligible to win the big prizes once per year. So if that supervisor comes back and says "yes you can submit two photos for that trip you took," you will probably want to submit photo #1 now, and photo #2 in a year.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 1:11 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
So you can book 2 tkt if they add up to less than 400 ?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
Originally Posted by frank_10b
So you can book 2 tkt if they add up to less than 400 ?
No it's a minimum of 20,000 points per ticket. I tried to book 2 <$200 tickets once and it priced out as 40,000 points (i.e. 20,000 each).
Old Oct 7, 2014, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by baronworm
Hmmm very good question. I don't know the answer (the online rules page talks about an "Eligible Trip" as one where someone has " spent at least twenty thousand (20,000) FlexPoints to purchase their airline ticket for their trip"

But I can tell you this: even if you CAN submit two photos for the contest, you are only eligible to win the big prizes once per year. So if that supervisor comes back and says "yes you can submit two photos for that trip you took," you will probably want to submit photo #1 now, and photo #2 in a year.
I understand about the "big prizes." I was wondering more about the 500 points for entering the contest. Seems kind of bizarre if it's "by itinerary." If that's the case, next time I could just book my ticket under one itinerary & my boyfriend's under another. Still waiting for supervisor to call me back. He said he'd call this week.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:03 pm

Well, now I'm thoroughly aggravated with this photo contest. They evidently changed it so that people have to log in via Facebook to vote. Fine. Well, I have tons of people who have tried voting in the last few days & they keep getting a message saying something like, "You can only vote once per day. Come back again tomorrow" and they hadn't even voted! I'm beyond frustrated. When you call USB, no one even knows what in the world the Flexperks photo contest is, let alone do they have the ability to answer any questions about it.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:18 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Just split out a thread for the fourth quarter spending promotions:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-spending.html

As well, I noticed another promo in my account: 1000 points for enrolling in Visa Checkout by November 30.

https://flexperkspromos.usbank.com/event/378/
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:21 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
hotel points

I always earn frequent flyer miles when I book flights with flexperks. But if I book a hotel, would I earn hotel points? I was looking at booking a holiday inn, and the flexperks price exactly matches what I'd get on the IHG website. But i definitely need to earn hotel points.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by JerseyGirlLisa
Well, I have tons of people who have tried voting in the last few days & they keep getting a message saying something like, "You can only vote once per day. Come back again tomorrow" and they hadn't even voted!
Yes they added the facebook (or flexperks) login requirement last year. The other thing they require (and this might be what's affecting your friends) is that you can only vote once per day per computer. So if your mom logs into her facebook account and votes for you, and then later that same day your dad sits down at the same computer to do the same thing, he will get the "Come back again tomorrow" error.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
I always earn frequent flyer miles when I book flights with flexperks. But if I book a hotel, would I earn hotel points? I was looking at booking a holiday inn, and the flexperks price exactly matches what I'd get on the IHG website. But i definitely need to earn hotel points.
With most hotel program you don't earn hotel points (or even usually stay/night credit) when you book through a third-party site. And I presume they would count FlexPerks as a third-party site.

I would thus tend to use FlexPerks only where there is no chain hotel. Unfortunately, FlexPerks (based on my experiments) doesn't seem to be able to find non-chain hotels in rural places overseas (which is where I need them most often). There are occasionally rural places in the US where I want to go where there are no chain hotels, and that's the only places I'd likely want to use up my FlexPerks points.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I tried to upload my photo but the photo didn't show up (just a blank page).
I didn't link any FB,and just logged in the flexperks promo site. Do I have to link facebook to enter the photo contest? I only care about the 500 points.

You help is much appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.