US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:00 am

A summary after 2 years

Just an fyi to others considering this card, I tallied up some numbers after two years of use: (purely casual use FWIW - I took no extreme MS measures to rack up points)

I accumulated and redeemed points for seven tickets. Given the ticket price vs points redeemed, I figure those redeemed points were worth 1.9 cents per point. (this math includes the $25 luggage reimbursement for many of the tickets)

While the FlexPerks deal is 1 point per $1 spent, I did also take part in the various promotions that come around (spend $X in November-December and get Y points, the photo contest, etc). So I figure those redeemed points actually "cost" me 68 cents per point. (NOTE: this math includes the 17,500 point signup bonus I got.)

1.9 / 68 tells me that I've gotten a 2.8% return for using this card.

I realize I could do better with another card and/or devoting more time and energy to the game of earning points, but I do have a day job...

HTH
Old Aug 16, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: Bear Backers
Business card

So I signed up for the business card. Offered 20k points after spending $1000 in 3 months. Spent that already in 1 month. Statement shows a 10k bonus.

When I called was told there is a 10k bonus for signing up and that another 20k would be applied after 9-12 weeks.

Can anyone confirm that I was given the right information?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:46 am

How to book travel with Flexperks points for family of 3 (1 award + 2 paid) WITH TRIP

I am booking a trip to Manila and I have enough flexperk points for a round trip ticket for me, and I want to book two more paid tickets. I have a few questions on booking with flexperks. Is it possible to book my award ticket and then pay with a credit card for the other two tickets? I know the flexperk policy states ticket is not refundable, points redeemed for travel are non refundable.
I want to purchase travel insurance incase I need to change dates, flights canceled/delayed, etc. I was thinking of applying for the Chase Sapphire Preferred for its trip insurance benefits and everything else that comes with it.
If I pay with the CSP for the two paid tickets will the CSP only cover the two paid tickets and not my award ticket? I believe a consequence of this would be my two companions would change dates and go at a different time than me, but I have to stay on my itinerary since I can't change and points can't be refunded. The good news is it would help my two companions if anything comes up.
Another option is to book both tickets separately, call the airline and link the tickets. When I pay separately for my companion tickets purchase travel insurance. If I link the tickets will I and my companions still sit together?
The last option I thought about is a combination of both the first ones and purchase third party insurance to cover us? Any recommendations/advice is greatly appreciated
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CRNA
I am booking a trip to Manila and I have enough flexperk points for a round trip ticket for me, and I want to book two more paid tickets. I have a few questions on booking with flexperks. Is it possible to book my award ticket and then pay with a credit card for the other two tickets? I know the flexperk policy states ticket is not refundable, points redeemed for travel are non refundable.
I want to purchase travel insurance incase I need to change dates, flights canceled/delayed, etc. I was thinking of applying for the Chase Sapphire Preferred for its trip insurance benefits and everything else that comes with it.
If I pay with the CSP for the two paid tickets will the CSP only cover the two paid tickets and not my award ticket? I believe a consequence of this would be my two companions would change dates and go at a different time than me, but I have to stay on my itinerary since I can't change and points can't be refunded. The good news is it would help my two companions if anything comes up.
Another option is to book both tickets separately, call the airline and link the tickets. When I pay separately for my companion tickets purchase travel insurance. If I link the tickets will I and my companions still sit together?
The last option I thought about is a combination of both the first ones and purchase third party insurance to cover us? Any recommendations/advice is greatly appreciated
RE: your first question, I know that as long as you buy one ticket with points, you can buy the others with a CC. Not sure about the other questions, sorry!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
CSP covers tickets purchased with the card. When you buy an airline ticket with a credit card, the passenger name and basic ticket info are transmitted to the credit card company, so they can tell which tickets were purchased with their card. The ticket you use your Flexperks for will not be covered by CSP no matter what you do unless there's a way to use Flexperks for partial (most) of the ticket cost and pay a part with CSP. Just paying award taxes with CSP activates the protections so I think any amount would work.

You can certainly buy the other two tickets separately. If I were in your shoes, I would rely on the CSP coverage for your traveling companions and either self-insure or purchase travel insurance for yourself. As for seating, as long as the airline you book allows seat selection in advance (most do but there are a few exceptions), it shouldn't be a problem to sit together. You book your flight with Flexperks, it has a PNR (confirmation record locator). You book the other two tickets with CSP, and there's a new PNR for them. Then you go on the airline's website and put one of the PNR in, find 3 seats available that you want, book the seat or two under that PNR. Log out and back in on the other PNR and book the seat(s) you identified previously. You could also call the airline but it's usually quite simple to do online.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:54 pm

So I signed my wife up for the FlexPerks AMEX with a 20,000 point bonus for $500 in purchases, and I just checked and she got approved. It appears that she got a different Flex Points account than me because it says she has zero points. Hopefully I can transfer my Visa FP points over to her, close the Visa before the annual fee is due, and then transfer them back before the year is over and I have to pay an annual fee on her card.

Amusingly, I'm still seeing an offer to sign up for the AMEX card with a relationship bonus that their customer "service" refuses to admit exists.

Last edited by MisterBill; Aug 19, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by MisterBill
So I signed my wife up for the FlexPerks AMEX with a 20,000 point bonus for $500 in purchases, and I just checked and she got approved. It appears that she got a different Flex Points account than me because it says she has zero points. Hopefully I can transfer my Visa FP points over to her, close the Visa before the annual fee is due, and then transfer them back before the year is over and I have to pay an annual fee on her card.

Amusingly, I'm still seeing an offer to sign up for the AMEX card with a relationship bonus that their customer "services" refuses to admit exists.
Could you post a screenshot of that? It could be useful to others when annual fees come due.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707
Could you post a screenshot of that? It could be useful to others when annual fees come due.

Last edited by MisterBill; Aug 20, 2015 at 8:59 pm
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:25 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by CRNA
will the CSP only cover the two paid tickets and not my award ticket?
NB: CSP benefit only applies to cardholder and immediate family. From MMS

Chase defines your immediate family as you, your spouse, and children under 22 years old.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:43 am

Thanks for the text. Just upload the image file to a hosting site like imgur
Old Aug 20, 2015, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707
Thanks for the text. Just upload the image file to a hosting site like imgur
Updated my post.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 3:00 pm

DH and I have had Flexperks Travel Reward Visa Sig probably 7 yrs, one of our first of many cards. Got some value out of it, but prefer other cards now. We anticipated AF this month, used points for statement credit, then I was approved for Flexperks AMEX. The numbers were different, so was able to transfer remaining points to the AMEX, then tried to switch the 14K CL.
Found out DH is primary on the TR Visa Sig, although my name comes up first on acct info, which is why I applied for the AMEX. Tried through a supervisor to transfer CL to the AMEX, but no can do, since different primaries. Today DH tried to downgrade to Cash+ no fee card so we could switch the line, and they said he could only move to an AMEX, which would also have a fee.
Striking out on all fronts...no AF waiver, no offer for a relationship bonus that I can see, and the weekend CR said can't change to the no-fee Cash+. Is this something a supervisor might approve if we call back? Other choice might be for him to apply for the Travel Rewards AMEX or Club Carlson and then see if the CL can be transferred, but didn't really want those and not sure if we can get AF refunded in the time it takes to do this. Any ideas? Our scores are just below 800, but recently took a dip when Citi closed two cards for nonuse (not letting that happen again), and don't want to lose the 14K CL and one of our oldest card histories.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Is it just sad reality that a 2-airline round trip will price out higher on the flexperks booking engine than it does if you purchase the 2 legs separately?

I want to book Alaska SEA-BOS and Delta BOS-SEA

The Alaska flight is $227 and the Delta return is $152, so $379 total, should be 20K flexpoints.

Flexperks prices that as something like $450 total, so it wants 30K flexpoints to redeem.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The FlexPerks redemption site tells me my remaining 12xx points = $12.xx, but then tells me that a minimum of 5000 are needed to redeem.

So is it correct that there's nothing that can be done with 1200ish orphaned points besides throwing them away?

FYI: I've got the no-fee version of the FlexPerks card, which hasn't given me any promos in years. I used up the 10000 points I earned years ago for a hotel reservation (before they were due to expire shortly), the 1200ish points are what's left over.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
The FlexPerks redemption site tells me my remaining 12xx points = $12.xx, but then tells me that a minimum of 5000 are needed to redeem.

So is it correct that there's nothing that can be done with 1200ish orphaned points besides throwing them away?

FYI: I've got the no-fee version of the FlexPerks card, which hasn't given me any promos in years. I used up the 10000 points I earned years ago for a hotel reservation (before they were due to expire shortly), the 1200ish points are what's left over.
I believe you can give them to someone else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.