US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Is this card as hard to get as the Club "4 HPs in 6mo is too many" Carlson?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K,
Do you get hotel points, if you book a hotel using Flexperks?

I know you get airline miles on flights booked with Flexperks...

Last edited by DAS02135; Oct 24, 2015 at 12:25 am
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by DAS02135

I know you get airline miles...
No you dont get hotel points.
You only get those if booking directly with the hotel brand.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DAS02135

I know you get airline miles...
What you "know" is wrong. There may be specific hotel brands or specific hotels at which you may be able get miles with a Flexperks booking, and/or that may not issue them by policy but sometimes may make a mistake, but it's certainly not universal.

If you want your claim to be believed, please provide detailed specifics.

(The hotel sees it as an Obritz prepaid booking, or whatever third-party site, and most hotel programs rule out earning both miles and points on stays booked with third-party sites.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by sdsearch
What you "know" is wrong. There may be specific hotel brands or specific hotels at which you may be able get miles with a Flexperks booking, and/or that may not issue them by policy but sometimes may make a mistake, but it's certainly not universal.

If you want your claim to be believed, please provide detailed specifics.

(The hotel sees it as an Obritz prepaid booking, or whatever third-party site, and most hotel programs rule out earning both miles and points on stays booked with third-party sites.
In context, I took the OP's statement about airline miles to mean that you generally earn airline miles when booking an air ticket with Flexperks.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:37 am

There is a new promo where you get 500 points for signing up for FlexPerk real-time rewards. Here's what the email says:

Instantly redeem FlexPoints for almost any purchase!1

Real-Time Rewards lets you use your mobile device to instantly redeem FlexPoints for the Flexperks Visa® Card purchases of your choice—a new swimsuit for your vacation, a new golf club and even the weekly grocery run.1

Activate Real-Time Rewards and earn 500 Bonus FlexPoints!2

Here's how Real-Time Rewards works:

1. Make almost any purchase with your FlexPerks Visa Card

2. Receive a text to redeem FlexPoints for that purchase1

3. Simply reply, "Redeem"
Old Nov 5, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: Braniff, TWA, Eastern, Midwest, AA Exec, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
In context, I took the OP's statement about airline miles to mean that you generally earn airline miles when booking an air ticket with Flexperks.
That is my experience. Last year I got what would have been about $5,000.00 in airfare via FlexPerks, and I definitely got miles from the airline in question. I've never booked a hotel with these, though.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by yukon50
So you couldn't xfer pts from your Flex Visa to Flex Amex?
May want to read the forum. I think some one had mentioned abut this.

Doesn't Flexperks use the Orbitz site?
I googled does flexperks use orbitz and there is lots of information. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post other sites. so run the search and you 'll find loads of information.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 12:45 pm

You can combine FlexPerk accounts from the travel rewards Visa and Amex. You'll need to call customer service. They let me do it yesterday.

Each card keeps a separate 120k limit on standard reward earning (ie 1 point per dollar for first 120k in spending, and then 1 point for every 2 dollars after during your card member year).
Old Nov 14, 2015, 12:56 pm

$1,000 limit

I applied for this card, and was approved with a $1,000 limit (decent FICO scores, no late payments, lots of cards in use, low utilization, and numerous applications, with other cards with limits going up to $100,000 plus) a letter from them tells me they based their decision on a score of 723.

I wanted the card because of their 3 miles per dollar on charitable contributions, of which I plan to make tens of thousands this year.

Of course, this makes the card of limited use, other an doing enough spending to collect the 40,000 bonus points. (probably by a series of $1,000 contributions, followed by repaying the debt just before the closing date).

After calling the I learned they do not transfer limits between cards (another card I have with them has a $20,000 limit).

I was told there was no way to talk directly to a credit analyst, but she would take a request for a higher limit. It turned out she could add notes, so I stated my willingness to document a couple of reasonably large (five million plus) liquid IRA and a similar sized variable annuity. Common sense would suggest knowing I had these could justify taking the risk of lending me large sums, say in the five figures (especially given they had already decided they could risk lending me $20,000).

While this is not the first time I have run across banks spending heavily to get a customer for a fee charging card, and then giving him so low a limit that he is unlikely to remain one (Well Fargo kindly gave me a Propel with a $2500 limit, and was not willing to reconsider.)

While other credit cards can be used for donations, the US Bank one could be useful.

Right afterwards, Capital One approved me for a Venture with a $20,000 limit. Capital one has a site where charitable donations can be made using their cards with out the charity paying any fee (thus you do not need to increase your donation a little for the cost to them of processing a credit card).

I post this partially since it may be useful to others, and partially in the hope someone has a suggestion.

Also, does anyone know how much money they might let you put through this card, before they object, or close the card?
Old Nov 15, 2015, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Newyorker11
May want to read the forum. I think some one had mentioned abut this.
I was told by a rep that transferring FlexPerks from a visa to Amex account was not possible. But this was several months ago. Perhaps the policy has changed.

If free transfers are still allowed between members, maybe the points could be routed through a third party and then back into your correct account.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:08 am

FlexPerks holiday bonus

Holiday bonus time! My offer was for 2500 bonus points for $4k spend. Not bad. Wondering what others are getting. Please share!
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by PolarPlunge
Holiday bonus time! My offer was for 2500 bonus points for $4k spend. Not bad. Wondering what others are getting. Please share!
Mine was 2500 for $850. I finally got a good one.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:12 pm

I'm guessing this is just for the Visa version. I got nothing on my amex.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707
I'm guessing this is just for the Visa version. I got nothing on my amex.
I have both the Visa and the Amex and haven't seen any offers on either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.