Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2012, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Oreto
Originally Posted by shoreline
I read through the T&C of this card and have a few questions:

What is the cashback return % ?
(could not locate in the T&C)
Bonus appears to be 1%--but not so sure that's the regular terms, other than the bonus.

Is is 1 point/ $1 except those things listed?
It sounds like some things may not apply.
Wondering if paying a bill will earn 1 point / $1

Is this one of the best cards to have for cashback?
The return is a straight 1% except qualifying NFL purchases which earn 2%. These include things such as any game ticket purchase through an official NFL channel. Also, NFL stadium purchases, NFLshop, and participating team shops would get the bonus as well.
For non bonused spend (NFL) it's 1% back at $25 redemption thresholds. If you spend a lot there are much better cash back cards, if you don't spend a lot on credit cards it may take you a while to reach the $25 threshold..
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:27 pm

made $800 today on mine and wifes card... WOOT!... credit came in before the bill was due.. super simple to redeem... what a great offer
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:27 pm

instant approval- 2 cards wife and I w/$2800 credit lines for the 40K offers.

If I didn't have easy method of cashing out, wouldn't have bothered to get crappy cards like these.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond-IHG Plat-AA Gold
Instant approval for me today using the 'Generic NFL Card' link in post #137. Sweet.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:36 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
u have to hit the 1K spending to get the bonus correct?
there are no reports of other surprises?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Global Entry
Yes, is 1K in the first 90 days.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:58 am

Geesh - wife just got rejected - initially said pending, but then went to the check status site and it said they are unable to offer.

She has a 770ish credit score but is a homemaker (but she uses my income since we are in TX)

Anyone had much luck with reconsideration with Barclays? I just keep reading about bad service and wonder if its even worth the time. Only other item of note I can think of is she got the Barclay US Air back in April of this year.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 9:35 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by nic3456
Geesh - wife just got rejected - initially said pending, but then went to the check status site and it said they are unable to offer.

She has a 770ish credit score but is a homemaker (but she uses my income since we are in TX)

Anyone had much luck with reconsideration with Barclay's? I just keep reading about bad service and wonder if its even worth the time. Only other item of note I can think of is she got the Barclay US Air back in April of this year.
reconsideration sometimes works but only call once, they dont change their first decision. if u did not get the correct bonus forget trying to appeal the decision you will have to sue to ever collect b/c they have no csr with any power.

i dont think anyone has ever been able to figure out barclays decision process, its all outsourced but not really clear how or why decisions are made and there are no appeal processes. i dont know of anybody who has made a successful claim but u do have due process rights. i just gave up and moved on as do most....
Old Nov 1, 2012, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by nic3456

Anyone had much luck with reconsideration with Barclays? I just keep reading about bad service and wonder if its even worth the time. Only other item of note I can think of is she got the Barclay US Air back in April of this year.
I'm also a homemaker with a 778 score and was rejected. I did get instant approval in August for the US Airways card. Reconsideration said they couldn't look at hubby's income at all, only mine. Since all I could come up with was some investment income, they said that they want to see payment history 1st on US Airways card, before they would consider approving any other cards. They couldn't say how long the payment history needed to be, nor would they move credit from this account to approve me. Hubby was instantly approved, but didn't have US Airways card. They are really tough to deal with!
Old Nov 1, 2012, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by lyst
I'm also a homemaker with a 778 score and was rejected. I did get instant approval in August for the US Airways card. Reconsideration said they couldn't look at hubby's income at all, only mine. Since all I could come up with was some investment income, they said that they want to see payment history 1st on US Airways card, before they would consider approving any other cards. They couldn't say how long the payment history needed to be, nor would they move credit from this account to approve me. Hubby was instantly approved, but didn't have US Airways card. They are really tough to deal with!
sorry for your experience, they dont seem to be so much tough as just completely outsourced and invested with no ability to think independently.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by Mindray
Barclays has literally the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with.

I applied for this card 20 days ago (credit score is 820, have not applied for a card in 12 months, never carry a balance on any card). My application is still "pending", whatever that means. I know that from looking at the website to check on the status.

I called the reconsideration line and explained what my situation was. The person I spoke to said that since I have not hear back in 20 days that I my application was declined. Shocked I asked to speak to someone. He left for 5 minutes only to come back and ask for my SSN again. This time he said that he sees my application is still pending (amazing, even though I said that I went online and can see that it is still pending). I asked to speak to someone so we could figure out what was taking so long, but he said he could not transfer me anywhere. I asked to speak to someone above him and he said there is no one to speak to. Clowns must work over there.

So it looks like according to the "customer service" rep I spoke to, I just have to wait it out. 20 days and counting. I have never been denied for a card once (let alone not been auto approved for one). I think saying Barclays is struggling with getting into the US credit card market would be an understatement.
Agree with you, from my previous experience, they have the worst Customer Service among the CC banks... the 40K points or $400 was too tempting, but I should have stayed away. I am reluctant to call them on my pending application. Oh well, since they usually pull from Transunion in my case, not too much harm done.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by frecuente-flyer
Agree with you, from my previous experience, they have the worst Customer Service among the CC banks... the 40K points or $400 was too tempting, but I should have stayed away. I am reluctant to call them on my pending application. Oh well, since they usually pull from Transunion in my case, not too much harm done.
They probably make like 2$usd a day so so really don't care how they dispose of each issue or client for the bank. It reminds me of another institution, that shall remain nameless, where if asked a difficult question suddenly they would act like they could not hear you and just hang up....
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: UA
Looks like the deal is dead. I applied last night, got the pending note, called recon this morning and they said the deal wasn't valid. No credit-pull though, so at least I'm out of this unscathed.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by S.Marsh
Looks like the deal is dead. I applied last night, got the pending note, called recon this morning and they said the deal wasn't valid. No credit-pull though, so at least I'm out of this unscathed.
Which thread did you use to apply? Glad you did not get a pull.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by jjmiller69
Which thread did you use to apply? Glad you did not get a pull.
I used the Generic Link on #137. This morning I browsed a SD thread that had the same link as the one posted here and it seems that many are having their apps denied also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.