Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2013, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by highgear
Just so people are aware in my experience this offer turns into a 60,000 point offer after a few months of non-use. On 2 cards (gf and mine) I hit the minimum spend in a few transactions, received/redeemed the points, and then didn't use the card again. After 3-4 months of non-use I received an email for both accounts saying that if I spend over $500 in each of the next three months I will receive an additional 20,000 bonus points.

So these turn out to be $600 free in my experience. I have had the same thing happen with my US Airways card from Barclays, except they offered 15k points extra.
Originally Posted by highgear
Just so people are aware in my experience this offer turns into a 60,000 point offer after a few months of non-use. On 2 cards (gf and mine) I hit the minimum spend in a few transactions, received/redeemed the points, and then didn't use the card again. After 3-4 months of non-use I received an email for both accounts saying that if I spend over $500 in each of the next three months I will receive an additional 20,000 bonus points.

So these turn out to be $600 free in my experience. I have had the same thing happen with my US Airways card from Barclays, except they offered 15k points extra.
Originally Posted by fr33b13
I've been waiting for this email, but never received it . Has anyone else got it?
nope

i called in to cancel the card and they sent me to the Loyalty Dept (apparently their name for Customer Retention dept) and got a much crappier offer:

2,500 points for $500 spend within 90 days
Old Jun 9, 2013, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by jw1983
Found this link last week for $200 in points after first use. I just received my card and checked my online account and it's on there =)
http://www.nflextrapoints.com/nfl_20...cellNumber=500
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.

Please contact us at 1-866-750-6024 or try again later.
hopefully it's not dead
Old Mar 8, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
I got this card a couple years ago when this offer came up, and it's been sitting in my desk drawer boosting my AAoA since then. I just got an email that said:

Dear xxxxx,
Your bonus point offer is ending soon, but you can still earn 2 bonus points for every $1 you spend with your Colts Extra Points Visa Card—up to 2,500 bonus points—on purchases you make every day in the following categories¹:
• Grocery store purchases
• Movie theater purchases
• Utility payments
Remember, this is in addition to the points you already earn for using your card for everyday purchases.
Now through March 31, 2014 is your time to earn more points with your card!
The T&C says:

This bonus offer is for select Colts Extra Points Visa Card cardmembers and is not transferable. Qualified cardmembers will earn 2 bonus points for every one dollar ($1) in new purchase(s) at grocery stores, movie theaters, and utility, cable/satellite TV or telephone companies (that are not later returned or rescinded) that post to their account between January 1, 2014, and March 31, 2014, up to a maximum of 2,500 bonus points. Eligible grocery store purchases, movie theater purchases and utility, cable/satellite TV or telephone company purchases are defined by merchant category codes.
My question is: does it sound like this is 2 EXTRA points or 2 TOTAL points? I have ~1500 points left over sitting in my account, and the minimum to redeem is 2500. I wouldn't mind paying the groceries/internet/phone for this month at 3pts/$. 2pts/$ isn't as attractive, though.

Anyone else get this offer?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Originally Posted by roki
My question is: does it sound like this is 2 EXTRA points or 2 TOTAL points? I have ~1500 points left over sitting in my account, and the minimum to redeem is 2500. I wouldn't mind paying the groceries/internet/phone for this month at 3pts/$. 2pts/$ isn't as attractive, though.

Anyone else get this offer?
Yes I have had that offer before for this card. The answer is 3 pts total for the bonus categories. The bonus points are in addition to the regular point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.