Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2012, 1:51 pm

after reading the SD thread

I got off my but and applied today before the offer is gone.
as was mentioned on SD the visa apps are being rejected but the MC apps are being approved....I am a Falcons fan, but opted for my second Favorite team the Packers...instantly approved. $400 back is a solid offer even if it is from a crappy provider like Barclaycard.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 3:47 pm

Exactly what happened with me...How will I know my app was submitted or not?

Originally Posted by fwoomp
Also, if you haven't already gathered this from the other posts on this thread or on the SD thread(s), just because there's an app there does not guarantee the link still works. Until someone posts otherwise, the way this is failing for people is:
  • They click a link and get to an app for the card of their choice
  • They fill out the app and submit it
  • They get a message saying the app is "pending" and providing a link to check status
  • They check status (immediately, in my particular case with the generic card) and learn they have been denied. (Some have followed up with reconsideration and learn that they were denied because the app is simply dead, but there hasn't been a credit pull--which is something, at least.)

So no, don't flame Kasiraman, and in particular don't flame him if you submit and app and get the pending/denial result. I am sure when he said he tested the links he tested to make sure the app was still there, not that he invited 30+ TU credit pulls!
Old Nov 4, 2012, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by jawdoc19
Exactly what happened with me...How will I know my app was submitted or not?
I got instant approval and a confirmation email. I also got a e-mail to set up my online account.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by wise2u
I got instant approval and a confirmation email. I also got a e-mail to set up my online account.
Got instant approval for both wife and I using the Mastercard thread today. Also recieved E-mail confirmation. If anyone would need them I printed a hard copy(all 7 pages lol) of T&C showing 40,000 points. ^

Last edited by jjmiller69; Nov 5, 2012 at 5:12 pm Reason: update
Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:29 pm

Instant approval for GB Packers card on #136

Not a football fan here, but I am a fan of free money. I applied (and was instantly approved) for the GB Packers card on #136. I read the T&C and it clearly states the 40k bonus. The only other Barclays card I have is the US Air MC which I applied for back in Feb.

Easy $400 - thanks to all the others for doing the hard work.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by lyst
I'm also a homemaker with a 778 score and was rejected. I did get instant approval in August for the US Airways card. Reconsideration said they couldn't look at hubby's income at all, only mine. Since all I could come up with was some investment income, they said that they want to see payment history 1st on US Airways card, before they would consider approving any other cards. They couldn't say how long the payment history needed to be, nor would they move credit from this account to approve me. Hubby was instantly approved, but didn't have US Airways card. They are really tough to deal with!
update- I got the denial letter in mail. Reason was-- sufficient credit available on my account. I decided to call again. This time I was approved for $5000, without needing to move any credit, after the same questioning. I used a different reconsideration number. 1-866-408-4064.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 8:37 pm

update- I got the denial letter in mail. Reason was-- sufficient credit available on my account. I decided to call again. This time I was approved for $5000, without needing to move any credit, after the same questioning. I used a different reconsideration number. 1-866-408-4064.
Way to go I guess a few calls helped. ^

Last edited by jjmiller69; Nov 6, 2012 at 7:37 am
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:13 pm

Smile

I got approved for 5K after the reconsideration as well!^

Does anyone have the screenshots of the offer? I got the broncos card, but I lost my screenshots some how. TIA
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:38 pm

I applied for the broncos Visa for me and My wife for the Jets mastercard and was not instantly approved on both cards on different browsers just in case. Called the reconsideration dep and both times they said that our applications were put on hold for 30 days because of 3rd party links (blogs and social media) that were out there that were invalid so we now have to wait 30 days to be told by mail if we were denied (wich we'll probably will be based on what they said) or approved. has this happened to anyone?? what could we do?? I'm thinking bout calling them again tomorrow and see what they tell me but I am pretty bummed! If denied hopefully they won't pull our credit!! Any advise from anyone that went trough this will help thanks!! We used the links on KASIRAMAR #181
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by drbhoom

Does anyone have the screenshots of the offer? I got the broncos card, but I lost my screenshots some how. TIA
I just went into post 181 and clicked on the first app. What you want is the terms and conditions on top. When I clicked on it they all came up. Look under "(A)earning points" the 2nd one was (B)bonus points that says 40,000.

No longer available see below or E-mail me for a copy.

Last edited by jjmiller69; Nov 18, 2012 at 6:48 pm Reason: update
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:56 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

We have removed posts containing links to the expired $400 offer. This was done at the request of Barclays who politely explained that the offer is not public, and that most applications were being rejected. This was confirmed by some reports in the thread. In considering Barclays' request we decided that creating a backdoor link is materially different from discovering an orphaned application page which had been created by the issuer. We also note that this card's rewards program is not travel-related and has only a marginal place on Flyertalk.

Last edited by mia; Nov 14, 2012 at 9:24 am
Old Nov 18, 2012, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by drbhoom

When you get your CC it will have a list of T&C on the long paper that says account summary table. Listed on pg4 is rules rewards. A= earning points. B=bonus points and lists 40,000 after $1,000 spend. So don't throw away the papers that come with the card. Good luck
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA, ALASKA Airlines, Delta, United, Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific
So I got my 40,000 points to my account and checked what I could get for them. Lots of NFL stuff and a 'Pay with Points' option. I choose the 'Pay with Points' option. Here's the key part! I had just racked up $1,000 in purchases so I was able to select 'Full Credit' or 'Partial Credit' on individual purchases. I had an over $500 oil bill, so it comes up 50,000 points. I selected 'Partial Credit' and it gave me several increments including 40,000 points. I selected it and the amount was adjusted down to just over 10,000 points or over $100 remaining for that item. I am waiting to see when the 'Current Balance' will be adjusted down. Anyway, $400 was a very nice Christmas present the heats the home!

---------------------------------------------

From an email message:

We show that you have redeemed 40,000 points for $400.00 statement credit on December 10, 2012. Please note that the statement credit will appear within 72 hours of completing the redemption request and will immediately reflect in your points balance. The statement credit will appear as "Rewards Credit" on your statement within one billing cycle after the points were redeemed. A statement credit does not constitute a payment and you are required to make your minimum payment due. Please be advised that statement credit redemptions cannot be changed, are non-refundable and non-transferable. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I received the credit to my account the next day.

Last edited by philemer; Dec 11, 2012 at 7:43 am
Old Dec 15, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA, Delta, AA Plat
oh man.... within 2 months after me raking in the $410 bonus ,
Barclays closed my one and only credit card with them.

Reason was I recently opened a couple other credit cards open recently (with citi and chase).
A lame excuse as I am paying my bill on time, but sorry to them because they've just lost a customer.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by haodebi
oh man.... within 2 months after me raking in the $410 bonus ,
Barclays closed my one and only credit card with them.

Reason was I recently opened a couple other credit cards open recently (with citi and chase).
A lame excuse as I am paying my bill on time, but sorry to them because they've just lost a customer.
Are you telling us everything? If so, it's just sick! Did you at least get your bonus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.