FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:16 pm
Craig Gillhaus

Programs: AA, ALASKA Airlines, Delta, United, Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific
So I got my 40,000 points to my account and checked what I could get for them. Lots of NFL stuff and a 'Pay with Points' option. I choose the 'Pay with Points' option. Here's the key part! I had just racked up $1,000 in purchases so I was able to select 'Full Credit' or 'Partial Credit' on individual purchases. I had an over $500 oil bill, so it comes up 50,000 points. I selected 'Partial Credit' and it gave me several increments including 40,000 points. I selected it and the amount was adjusted down to just over 10,000 points or over $100 remaining for that item. I am waiting to see when the 'Current Balance' will be adjusted down. Anyway, $400 was a very nice Christmas present the heats the home!

---------------------------------------------

From an email message:

We show that you have redeemed 40,000 points for $400.00 statement credit on December 10, 2012. Please note that the statement credit will appear within 72 hours of completing the redemption request and will immediately reflect in your points balance. The statement credit will appear as "Rewards Credit" on your statement within one billing cycle after the points were redeemed. A statement credit does not constitute a payment and you are required to make your minimum payment due. Please be advised that statement credit redemptions cannot be changed, are non-refundable and non-transferable. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I received the credit to my account the next day.

Last edited by philemer; Dec 11, 2012 at 7:43 am