Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2012, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by fr33b13
To answer my own question, the Green Bay card link still works. I just applied for myself and friends.
CSR confirmed I have the bonus, 40,000 points after $1,000 spend in 90 days.

She also said I have "the generic NFL Shield" coming to me, not the Packers card. Go figure.
I will edit my previous post then because apparently it is not for the Green Bay version. I applied for the green bay version but I think I bookmarked it later and somehow didn't select a team I guess.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 6:50 pm

To answer my own question, the Green Bay card link still works. I just applied for myself and friends.
CSR confirmed I have the bonus, 40,000 points after $1,000 spend in 90 days.

She also said I have "the generic NFL Shield" coming to me, not the Packers card. Go figure.
Originally Posted by samdori
I will edit my previous post then because apparently it is not for the Green Bay version. I applied for the green bay version but I think I bookmarked it later and somehow didn't select a team I guess.
She could have been wrong. I'll let you know in 8 days.
I kind of hope it is the GB card since one of my friends that I applied for is a HUGE Giants fan and didn't want to show a Packer card around.
I bet if he was a Vikings fan, then applying would have been out of the question.

Thanks for sharing your link samdori!
Old Oct 7, 2012, 7:13 pm

She could have been wrong. I'll let you know in 8 days.
I kind of hope it is the GB card since one of my friends that I applied for is a HUGE Giants fan and didn't want to show a Packer card around.
I bet if he was a Vikings fan, then applying would have been out of the question.

Thanks for sharing your link samdori!
I wish I would have saved the packers version! But I'm pretty sure it isn't because it shows an image of the card on the left side of the application
Old Oct 7, 2012, 10:15 pm

Confirming the Eagles $400 link works. Got instant approval despite 4-5 cards and several card cancellations the last year. Thanks to those who posted this the last day or so. However, my last card was a store card back in May and TY Prem. and Chase Sapphire very early in 2012, so that bit of a gap may have helped with Barclay's instant approval.

BTW, got greedy and also applied for a Citi TY Prem Mastercard (Have the Visa version currently) right after the approved NFL Card. To my surprise, instant approval again! Easiest $900 ever made!
Old Oct 8, 2012, 4:59 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by macman7400
Confirming the Eagles $400 link works. Got instant approval despite 4-5 cards and several card cancellations the last year. Thanks to those who posted this the last day or so. However, my last card was a store card back in May and TY Prem. and Chase Sapphire very early in 2012, so that bit of a gap may have helped with Barclay's instant approval.

BTW, got greedy and also applied for a Citi TY Prem Mastercard (Have the Visa version currently) right after the approved NFL Card. To my surprise, instant approval again! Easiest $900 ever made!
Is there a sign up bonus on the Citi TY Master card or visa? Or is it just dbl spending pts?
thanks
Old Oct 8, 2012, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by frank_10b
Is there a sign up bonus on the Citi TY Master card or visa? Or is it just dbl spending pts?
thanks
50,000 points is the signup bonus. Check the credit card master thread.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
thanks
Did you use post 603 in the Citi Premier card thread? If you did then it's 50,000. Thanks for confirming this Barclays card is still available. I'm refinacing and haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Last edited by jjmiller69; Oct 8, 2012 at 5:28 pm Reason: Repair formatting
Old Oct 8, 2012, 10:08 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by jjmiller69
Did you use the post on 603 of the Citi Premier card thread? If you did then it's 50,000. Thanks for confirming this Barclays card is still available. I'm refinacing and haven't pulled the trigger yet.
is that a mc or visa
is it no fee first year
its not the dbl pts for spending version, that is different offer, correct?

This barcalys offer here for green bay is still avail correct?

Last edited by mia; Oct 8, 2012 at 11:14 am Reason: Repair formatting
Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:03 pm

is that a mc or visa
is it no fee first year
its not the dbl pts for spending version, that is different offer, correct?

This barcalys offer here for green bay is still avail correct?
you are in the wrong thread to be asking questions about the TYP card, but the answers are: either, yes, yes, and yes (but its not the green bay version)
Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by samdori
you are in the wrong thread to be asking questions about the TYP card, but the answers are: either, yes, yes, and yes (but its not the green bay version)
thanks for your help!
Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:51 pm

Just called reconsideration and got denied because of too many new open accounts. The old separating expenses spiel didn't work - though it did work with Chase for my Priority Club card about 5 minutes earlier. Ah well - Guess I need to slow down on the apps.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 4:18 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by macman7400

Maybe it's me but I have gone through this thread twice and could not find a link to the Eagles. The links in the earlier post only show the $100 app now. I tried new browsers too. Any help appreciated.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Originally Posted by highman123
Maybe it's me but I have gone through this thread twice and could not find a link to the Eagles. The links in the earlier post only show the $100 app now. I tried new browsers too. Any help appreciated.
Post 85 has the link to the Eagles card. It takes you directly to the application.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 5:48 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by Joe1690
Post 85 has the link to the Eagles card. It takes you directly to the application.
Fantastic thanks!

Pending approval for me. Instant for wife!

Last edited by MightyTravels; Oct 8, 2012 at 6:21 pm
Old Oct 8, 2012, 7:54 pm

Does anyone know if I use this card to purchase AMEX gift cards, will Barclays code it as a purchase or a cash advance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.