Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by fly35
New here, can someone please clarify how the 40000 pts can be used ? For ex, can the points be used as a credit to purchase any type of gift cards.. gas, dining etc. I'm a little confused about the card terminology, ie. NFL card...that doesn't mean the points can only be used as a credit for sports types of purchases ? Thanks for your time
They can be redeemed as a statement credit towards your balance. i.e. 40,000 points can be used for a $400 statement credit.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:56 am

If I understand this right, you can use your points as a credit to your account for any purchase (not just a sports/NFL type of purchase) that is $25 or more. So, for ex, if I was to buy a red lobster gift card for $25 then I could use some of the points as a credit to offset that charge. Is my understanding correct ? Also, would if take 2500 points to offset a $25 charge ? Anyone have any information on point redeemption values ?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 2:57 pm

I already have two Barclays cards, mostly inactive. Any thoughts as to whether this will make it harder to get this NFL card?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Southwest, AMEX MR
Originally Posted by Jetsfan
I already have two Barclays cards, mostly inactive. Any thoughts as to whether this will make it harder to get this NFL card?
I'm in the exact same boat, would like some feedback/advice as well
Old Sep 30, 2012, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by CinSun
I'm in the exact same boat, would like some feedback/advice as well
In my experience, Barclays is really stingy with granting new credit, but fine about splitting your existing lines to get a new card. I've opened 3 cards with them in the past 6 months...had to split my existing line for the 2nd and 3rd cards but had no problem getting them issued.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by isle-hawg

Called the reconsideration number this morning.
This is the only reconsideration number that I don't know. Can you tell us the number please. I need to make a call.

dh
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by dhammer53
This is the only reconsideration number that I don't know. Can you tell us the number please. I need to make a call.

dh
Phone: 866-663-6536

These are for checking the application status, not sure if they are helpful for reconsiderations though.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 2:03 pm

Has anyone who signed up for the 20,000 offer tried to get the 40,000 offer instead, either by being matched, or closing their account and reapplying?

I've tried asking to be matched, and I don't think Barclays system allows for such a thing. I've also called several times and asked whether I can close my card (I have not gotten the bonus yet) and still be eligible for the new bonus offer for the same card. No one seems to be able to give me a straight answer.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Originally Posted by dhammer53
this is the only reconsideration number that i don't know. Can you tell us the number please. I need to make a call.

dh
866-369-1283
Old Oct 1, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
does barclays approve credit card for legal permanent residents with SSN and i just dont want to get rejected for that reason
Old Oct 1, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA/DL/UA, SPG/HH
a friend tells me that the barclays reconsideration line says same-day two-browser trick attempts with different teams (even if one is a visa and the other is a mastercard) are considered the same product and auto-rejected without a 2nd pull, though it's unclear if apps spread over multiple days would receive the same response. anyone else have success getting multiple team cards under the same SSN with this offer?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 4:53 pm

Turned down by reconsideration, contemplating to call again

Wife applied for this card as part of her AOR today, got pending review status. Called reconsideration line, agent said will approve for 5k limit and then denied the application because of too many cards being open (5-6 from her last AOR in March). Interestingly the agent confirmed they pulled Transunion and most other inquiries were on Experian but it appears they manually review accounts opened and also where applicant is added as authorized user on other cards. Agent said credit report otherwise looks great, but they cannot approve with so many recent accounts and asked to wait till atleast 2013. Note: Only other Barclays card is the US air card from March'12 AOR. Offered to move credit from that account was also turned down.

So now we are contemplating calling again and need some advise:
1. Should we call again today itself or wait for few days?
Read somewhere on this/other FT thread that Barclays keeps a tab on folks calling multiple times. So need to time the 2nd call at the right time.
2. Any suggestions on how to convince Barclays agents.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by mrp20
a friend tells me that the barclays reconsideration line says same-day two-browser trick attempts with different teams (even if one is a visa and the other is a mastercard) are considered the same product and auto-rejected without a 2nd pull, though it's unclear if apps spread over multiple days would receive the same response. anyone else have success getting multiple team cards under the same SSN with this offer?

It would be nice if we could do the two browser trick for this.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:54 pm

approved for $2400 wife approved for $1000...lol oh well in for points.. i jumped on this one because its not going to be around forever.. chase and citi cards will always have a deal later on
Old Oct 2, 2012, 12:00 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does Barclay's do credit line shifts? I have a US Airways MC that I want to close, willing to give up that card to get this one.

Chase is so much easier to deal with

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.