Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:35 am

Looks like this may be dead now.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 7:11 am

Looks like the offer is now $100 after 1st spend. I applied 4 days ago when the offer was still 40000 pts after a $1000 spend, still waiting for approval. Anyone know if the bonus applies to the application date or the approval date ? I'm hoping they wouldn't try to stick me with the reduced bonus just because it takes these guys forever to approve something
Old Oct 5, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by saacman5033
Looks like this may be dead now.
Yep, the 40,000 point offer is dead, but I have seen a 20,000 point offer (better than the usual 10,000 point).
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:31 pm

Has anyone gotten approved that got the status pending message after applying? Its been a week now and mine is still pending. Not sure if I should just wait it out or call the reconsideration line. I'm worried they'll see all the new accounts I opened this year and deny me.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by samdori
Has anyone gotten approved that got the status pending message after applying? Its been a week now and mine is still pending. Not sure if I should just wait it out or call the reconsideration line. I'm worried they'll see all the new accounts I opened this year and deny me.
I'm in the same boat. This happened to me with the USBank Flexperks card that was out for the Olympics. Only have one Barclay's card (US Air) but I have gotten 8 or so cards in the last 6 months. I can't decide whether to call or not!
Old Oct 6, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: All, but no status!
I was in a similar situation, but called the reconsideration line yesterday. After quick verification of the information I had put on my application, and being on hold for about one minute, I was approved over the phone. This is one situation which I would recommend calling – it seems to make sense to me that asking for a pending application to go to approved is an easier hurtle then asking for a denied application to switch to approved.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by mike10s19
I'm in the same boat. This happened to me with the USBank Flexperks card that was out for the Olympics. Only have one Barclay's card (US Air) but I have gotten 8 or so cards in the last 6 months. I can't decide whether to call or not!
Old Oct 6, 2012, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by samdori
I decided to call and get it over with. My worst fears came true. They asked why I had opened 5 new accounts in the past year. I couldn't come up with anything better than saying I wanted to try out different products. They were also especially interested in why I had opened the US Airways card, cancelled after 3 months, and then had opened it again a year later. They said my credit history looked great but could not approve me because of too many new accounts. I'm disappointed but can't really blame them for denying me. I think they sensed I was in it for the bonus and was not going to be a profitable customer.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 9:24 am

Offer not dead?

By the way, if anyone still wants to try their luck with Barclays, the offer may not be dead. I bookmarked the application page and it still mentions 40,000 points buried deep in the terms and conditions (similar to the Choice Hotels 40,000 offer if any of you have been following that).

NFL Extra Points 40,000 Offer (This is the generic NFL version)

Last edited by samdori; Oct 7, 2012 at 6:34 pm Reason: not Green Bay Packer version as I originally thought
Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by NewGuyinTheSky
Phone: 866-663-6536

These are for checking the application status, not sure if they are helpful for reconsiderations though.
When I called this number, it asked for my social and zipcode. The automated message said I had a 12,000 credit line. ^ It took me a minute to realize that this is the same phone number as my USAirways card.

I then asked to be transferred to someone that could help me. After looking it up, the status is still in review (10 days ago). They say I'll have to wait up to 30 days to hear back. Oh well. No rush.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
For anyone who hasn't gotten in on this deal yet, I have bookmarked the NFL Eagles Mastercard App which still appears to be working and the terms & conditions still reflect the 40,000 points with $1000 in spend. Hope this helps some of you who previously were on the fence and missed it when the original application was pulled. The link is here
Old Oct 7, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Joe1690
For anyone who hasn't gotten in on this deal yet, I have bookmarked the NFL Eagles Mastercard App which still appears to be working and the terms & conditions still reflect the 40,000 points with $1000 in spend. Hope this helps some of you who previously were on the fence and missed it when the original application was pulled. The link is here
Thanks for the link. I applied and got the pending decision. I called them up and they told me that I had too many hard inquires. I thought they pull Transunion. I normally apply for amex/chase/citi cards, so I didn't think I had any Transunion hits or if I did, only a few. I think they may have pulled experian for me.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by merc1234
Thanks for the link. I applied and got the pending decision. I called them up and they told me that I had too many hard inquires. I thought they pull Transunion. I normally apply for amex/chase/citi cards, so I didn't think I had any Transunion hits or if I did, only a few. I think they may have pulled experian for me.
Did they say that you were signed up for the $400 offer? Does that mean the link works?
Old Oct 7, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Originally Posted by fr33b13
Did they say that you were signed up for the $400 offer? Does that mean the link works?
Since the previous poster was able to apply via the link this means anyone who applies through the link would be eligible for the 40,000 bonus points since the terms & conditions clearly indicate you will get 40,000 points after $1,000 in spend during the first 90 days.

If you want to verify this simply click on the terms & conditions hyperlink on the application page scroll down to the Rewards Rules section then look for the earning section and under letter B) it says "Bonus Points - Forty thousand (40,000) Bonus Points will be awarded after at least $1000.00 in Net Purchases (that are not later returned or rescinded) in the first 90 days after account opening. Bonus Points will be posted at the close of your first billing statement after an initial qualifying purchase or balance transfer is made. Balance Transfer Checks do not qualify for bonus points."
Old Oct 7, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fr33b13
I just made my mom apply for the card and she was approved and they confirmed the 40,000 points after $1000 spend in 3 months. In short, the link works.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 6:21 pm

To answer my own question, the Green Bay card link still works. I just applied for myself and friends.
CSR confirmed I have the bonus, 40,000 points after $1,000 spend in 90 days.

She also said I have "the generic NFL Shield" coming to me, not the Packers card. Go figure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.