Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] 40,000 PTS ($400 cash) after $1000 / 90 days for Barclays NFL Card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2013, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by nnugnotsle
Called recon line. Denied me as I do not have any history with barclays. Says I need atleast 6 months.
what was the recon number you tried, i tried some but wasn't able to get anyone. maybe because it was after 5 pm
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:21 pm

866-408-4064
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nnugnotsle
Here are deals for $400 after $1000 spend.

http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9452 - Falcons 400/1000
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9447 - Raiders 400/1000
http://dolphinsextrapoints.com/9439 - Dolphins 400/1000

Did not get instant approval apparently because I have the US Airways card.
Thanks, great job!
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:31 pm

Just so people are aware in my experience this offer turns into a 60,000 point offer after a few months of non-use. On 2 cards (gf and mine) I hit the minimum spend in a few transactions, received/redeemed the points, and then didn't use the card again. After 3-4 months of non-use I received an email for both accounts saying that if I spend over $500 in each of the next three months I will receive an additional 20,000 bonus points.

So these turn out to be $600 free in my experience. I have had the same thing happen with my US Airways card from Barclays, except they offered 15k points extra.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:55 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Lousy 2K CL with decent income and 800 FICO. (my other CCs have 20K limits!). Didn't see the $1K offer but have to spend $2500. I do like getting $400 back.

Will have to spend and pay before statement "cuts" so my utilization is not high.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
I saw some comments around being able to get this offer a second time, but no timelines yet. How long do people generally keep the NFL product closed before being eligible for the bonus again? 24 months?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 8:43 pm

Programs: Southwest RR, Marriott, Hilton
It appears as though Barclay's now has a hard limit of 1 app per 90+ days. From the SD thread on this topic people that applied for this offer in November are getting auto- denied without a credit pull. People that got this offer in September are getting approved for a second card.

I should also add a co-worker applied in September (still open, Visa version) and then again today (MasterCard version). I had him also app the US Airways card. Both apps got the 10 day notice. Two quick calls to the recon line netted him two approvals. So, if you are going to apply for this one might as well apply for the US Air card add well. 1 inquiry for two apps.

Last edited by jfoley22; Feb 4, 2013 at 8:56 pm
Old Feb 6, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by jeanie
I gave it a try since it is a Transunion pull. I have 2 US Air cards already. Both were instantly approved.

I got a message saying my application needs further review. I am supposed to be getting a 15k posting of bonus mileage on Monday from my first US Air card. After that posts, I would be happy to close it to get this offer.

Thank you for posting the link.

Well, I called and negotiated a credit transfer from my existing US Air cards to a new NFL card. He gave me a lecture about opening what they considered to be too many credit cards last year. But since my Transunion score is over 800, they approved it anyway. He also said that he did not do a second credit pull. He used the report from 2/3 to approve it over the phone on 2/6.

So I now have 3 Barclays cards.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by highgear
I have had the same thing happen with my US Airways card from Barclays, except they offered 15k points extra.
I'm still waiting on that offer for the US card. I've been very low usage on it for a while now...pretty much only US flights. Last time I used it for something else was probably GS2011.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
Well, I called...... He gave me a lecture about opening what they considered to be too many credit cards last year.
they do lecture a lot, i tried all tricks up my sleeve, not approved though. this is my 4th failure in opening a braclays card over a period of last 16 months or so, during the same time i have been able to get at least 14 other cards from other institutions....barclays is just unyeilding
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by americanindian
they do lecture a lot, i tried all tricks up my sleeve, not approved though. this is my 4th failure in opening a braclays card over a period of last 16 months or so, during the same time i have been able to get at least 14 other cards from other institutions....barclays is just unyeilding
I've had the same experience with Barclays. I've given up on them.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by jfoley22
It appears as though Barclay's now has a hard limit of 1 app per 90+ days. From the SD thread on this topic people that applied for this offer in November are getting auto- denied without a credit pull. People that got this offer in September are getting approved for a second card.

I should also add a co-worker applied in September (still open, Visa version) and then again today (MasterCard version). I had him also app the US Airways card. Both apps got the 10 day notice. Two quick calls to the recon line netted him two approvals. So, if you are going to apply for this one might as well apply for the US Air card add well. 1 inquiry for two apps.
I applied for the Choice Hotel Card and the Virgin America Card on 1/08/13 and both were approved. Choice card was instant approved. Barclay sent me a letter asking for identification info for the Virgin America card, I mailed it in and I received the card in the mail in less than 2 weeks. I Checked my credit report and there is only 1 inquiry from Barclay on 01/08/13. From all the reports I have read, I believe Barclay consolidates your inquiries to 1, regardless how many card you apply. You can apply for 10 and it is still 1 inquiry.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by americanindian
Do you have any Barclays credit card?

I have one card with them with a $5000 limit, but rarely used, so they tried to lecture me and asked why I applied for more cc with them. Since I didn't even used my $5000 credit, so they wouldn't give me more credit.
I asked if I could close my old one, and move $5k limit to get this card, but they would budge.

BTW, I have a good credit score 780 or so.
Have at least 2-3 cards with Chase/Citi/Amex/BofA. Have at least 20k -40k with each of those issuers.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:15 am

Instant approval with $7500 CL. No other Barclay's cards. Debating whether or not to sign up for the US card right now too and try to get approved for that with only one pull. Any data points on this?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by joyipfly
Do you have any Barclays credit card?

I have one card with them with a $5000 limit, but rarely used, so they tried to lecture me and asked why I applied for more cc with them. Since I didn't even used my $5000 credit, so they wouldn't give me more credit.
I asked if I could close my old one, and move $5k limit to get this card, but they would budge.

BTW, I have a good credit score 780 or so.
Have at least 2-3 cards with Chase/Citi/Amex/BofA. Have at least 20k -40k with each of those issuers.
Perhaps you should try again with a different credit analyst. Only saying this because they moved my rarely used USA card credit limit to this card. I was asked why I wanted another card, and I said that I was an NFL fan and was very excited to get this card and earn points to use in the NFL shop. I know this is contrary to the usual guidance about not saying you are in this just for the points, but this is really what I said here because in this case it was true.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.