Who we all are

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2012, 8:53 am

Hi y'all,

I've mainly lurked on this forum but through doing so have gained some valuable info. I just did my second credit card churn and while it was a mini one, I did what I could afford to do with the minimum spend. I currently have the SPG AMEX, SW Biz and Personal Visa (which once my statement closes will have given me the companion pass for the year - wish I could have done it earlier in the year but I wanted to make sure I could hit all minimum spends), HHonors Surpass AMEX and the HHonors Citibank Visa.

I'm looking for cheap ways to travel and save mainly on hotels right now. I recently finished up all my schooling for teaching and am on the hunt for a job as a Physical Education teacher. My job will never have an expense account or send me on any business related trips and the salaries are enough to cover basic things, but my passion is travel so I must find creative ways to travel for less which is how I ended up here.

The ultimate goal is a trip to Australia with in a year or two with the ability to pay for hotels (and if I can figure out a way, at least one leg of the flight) with points.

Looking forward to learning more from all of you and continuing the quest to gain miles and hotel points.

- Colls
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:47 am

Smile Introduction New member !!

Hello friends

My name is Carter Collins , a very new guys to this forum. I am very excite here to take part in discussions.

Thanks and regards
Carter Collins
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
Good afternoon,

Teamstone (Tom) here. 50 years old and travel in an audit role out of the MSP base. Mostly fly Delta (for some strange reason). I have a number of different cards including the Reserve Delta and Delta Business Platinum, US Bank Flexperks and Quicken Chase travel card.

Have never done a "traditional" MR, however I have just decided to piggyback a modified MR to a LAX business trip. I will be flying to SJU for 3 nights (complements of Marriott). Flight at $317 was paid for by a VDB voucher and netting about 8000 miles.

I've received a lot of help already and look to get and give more. Hoping to hit a DO one of these days.

I have consolidated my hotels to the Marriott chain.

I also enjoy traveling for pleasure .
Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Welcome. Just start posting, look for do's & you'll make lots of friends.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: A Few Here, A Few There
Hi FT-

Like many others, decided to make my first post here. Been lurking for awhile and mainly just learning the ins and outs. Hard to believe the wealth of information thats out there if you just spend some time looking for it.

Looking forward to learning more everyday and eventually being able to give back as much as I've learned.

See you in the air

Shawn
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:07 pm

Hi,

My name is Tamrin and I lived in Singapore for the past 22 years or more XD. I love aviation so much that I became an aircraft cleaner before my National Service even though my pay was low. But now I am free after two years of "Government Bond"!!!

I have set up XX due to my interest in Aviation photography and Asian aviation landscape. I hope you guys can give support to it.

I will be travelling to Bali at end-September and Bangkok at early-October. Cheers!

Last edited by Cholula; Sep 18, 2012 at 9:49 am Reason: Removed Link
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:23 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Welcome to our newest members!

We're better for having you here.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold, Avis PC, Marriott Gold
Hi Flyertalk,

I've been looking at this website for the past two years and over those past two years my travel has increased and so has my knowledge of the industry. I am looking forward to continuing making this place even better.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 2:23 am
Suspended

A Newcomer

Hello Members,

Well! Let me introduce myself, I am Steve Spencer, a newcomer to this forum. I want to learn a lot of things from your forum as it has many informative things. I want more information on Airports. Hope for your support and cooperation.

Thanks and Regards,
Steve Spencer
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:58 am

Introduction

See later message............

Last edited by globaltraveler77; Sep 22, 2012 at 4:23 pm Reason: didn't know I posted 2 messages
Old Sep 22, 2012, 4:22 pm

Hello from Globaltraveler77

Hi, I'm new to Flyertalk so I'll share a little about myself.....
I love to travel, have been to Europe, lived in Germany for 2 years, loved Greece, Turkey and Egypt was fascinating! At home, I like to read books, do jigsaw puzzles and scrapbooking for my Granddaughter. She, Jordan, is the love of my life!!

Chaus............
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: AC*E
lurker no more

Hi,

I've been lurking on this board for over 10 years and have benefited from the wealth of information here. I decided to participate and finally signed up.

I fly mostly on AC, based at YYZ.
Currently AC*E, and I will be somewhere between 85-105k for 2013.
Most of my travel is to Africa for work. I've taken every Star Alliance route from YYZ-JNB of less than 28 hours travel duration.

Hoping to be able to contribute useful information to the knowledge base with minimal heckling (and being heckled)

k.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Live in Eastern Iowa. Not an expert frequent flyer nor travel that much. Love to know mileage deals.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: LH M&M
Hi All,

I'm a fairly new lurker and decided to make my first post in "Who We All Are". A North American living in Germany, I have a several TATL flights a year (usually for work in LH S/W, occasionally for pleasure in Z) and look forward to sharing info here.

Cheers
Low End
Old Sep 25, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: Delta
Hello fellow FlyerTalk members!

Greetings, fellow FlyerTalk members!

I love this site. It is so useful and helpful, and I'm so happy to be part of this wonderful community.

I'm a professional comedian who travels the world doing clean comedy. Last year alone I was in 18 countries. Earlier this year, I performed for President Obama, and I performed at a TED conference in 2009. I'm also an actor and was in a "Get a Mac" commercial with Justin Long and John Hodgman.

I am Diamond Medallion on Delta and will have about 250,000 MQM by the end of this year. About four years ago, a friend of mine suggested I start flying Delta because of their upgrade policy. I resisted for the longest time – I was like your typical person who always seeks the lowest airfare, but what finally convinced me was when he sat in first class next to Edward Van Halen. I know a lot of people are down on Delta but I have had a fantastic experience with them.

Thank you very much!

Dan Nainan

Last edited by comedian; Sep 27, 2012 at 6:47 am Reason: Removed commercial link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.