Who we all are

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:35 am

Hello FTF members, I am Genjinaro.

You can look me up on Twitter, I carry this same name all over. I am a big gadget guy & I love travel by way of train.

I came to this site from a Google Search regarding rewards & I think I have come to the right place. I look forward to being a regular member.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Well I just discovered this thread and learned a lot about quite a few of you! But who am I? Don't you know who I am??

I'm Joshua. Born and raised in Forest Hills, NY, and studied math (well, tried to) at the University of Rochester for two years; transferred out of there, got my Associate's Degree from Nassau Community College, and now I am an Aviation Management student at Westminster College in Salt Lake City When I'm not a student, I'm a bartender back in New York! I had my first real job this past summer at a historic tennis club and restaurant, and I really hope to work there or somewhere else again in the future. In the past I've worked as an intern in an accounting department (and I hope to get another internship at some point), and I also worked for security when I was at Rochester.

If you can find me on Facebook, feel free to befriend me. I'm also on Twitter with the same handle as on here. You can often find me in the Delta and Hertz forums (I manage the fleet list for fun!).

It's great seeing so many new people here, and I hope we can all help each other make traveling better, even if only a little bit

-J.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
I've been here over a decade, but just got back from my first pure FT DO in Chicago (and it was a winner!)

I'm an urban and airport planner in the Bay Area, with a strong interest in train travel. I worked hard on the campaigns for better rail funding in CA over 20 years ago. It's why we have local Amtrak trains, commuter rail expanded to Southern CA, and urban rail extensions all over.

These days I'm as hooked on miles and points as the next guy. 9/11 launched a period of great deals that have evolved but are still out there.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 9:14 pm

Hello everyone!

I am Panqu, a student and always travel during holidays. I want to find the best strategy to help me book the airfare, rental cars and so on. I will start my first post!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 4:14 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Welcome to all the latest new members !!!

read read read read is the best way to start (stickies at top of forums help w/useful info)

Willie
co-mod Community Buzz
Old Oct 18, 2012, 7:51 am

Hi there, I´m new here Hope to learn something from you guys as my new position includes a lot of travel!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:07 am

Hey all!

Been lurking for a while, finally decided to bite the bullet and start interacting.

I'm an American academic, currently living in Sweden, thankfully about to have a temporary gig in the States. I travel a little bit for work, but I have a good knack for extending those trips to take advantage of reimbursed flights. I hope to start taking vacations that are that alone very soon.

I've learned quite a bit so far, will continue to read and absorb and hopefully I'll have some contributions of my own soon enough.

~erfreulich
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:25 pm

Programs: ROP
Sawasdee Krub,

I am new here! from Bangkok Thailand,
Great seeing so many new people here, Many informative things. Excellent! forum.

Thanks for the forum, and looking forward to many more posts.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:39 am

Programs: OWE (QF), *G, Sky Elite+
Hello all, OzMille here, I have been a member of AFF for a couple of years and have been lurking here for a while now.

I am from Belgian origin and moved down under a little over 5 years ago. I do about 3 trips a year back to BRU (always flying OW) and travel a bit domestically in Oz and Trans Tasman.

Hope to pick up some tips on here and participate where possible.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:59 pm

Hello everyone,
I found this awesome forum a month ago. I was lurking the forum since then.
I am from Germany and currently studiing law at University.
I hope to pick up some tips to hopefully try and see the world on a student`s budget . But last and not least I also want to try to contribute to the community.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: expedia travel
Smile Newbie

Hi Everyone!

Newbie in this forum, however I use this site as reference. I am currently working on a travel agency and using Amadeus and Sabre as our GDS. Looking forward in exchanging info's with you guys.

See yah!!
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:44 pm

Hello,

I'm another newbie, but I think I've had enough. I have enjoyed aspects of my stay here, I've read some of your posts, and I suspect I'd like some of you if I ever met you in person.

However, I do have to travel for my job, and I enjoy travelling for leisure as well. When I get on an airplane, it will be very helpful for my own enjoyment and well-being not to spend the entire trip thinking about how every third passenger is a dangerous psychotic. I'll still know that that's true, of course, but I'll be more easily able to push it from my mind for the duration of the trip if I don't spend any time hanging around here.

So good flying, I may be seated next to you sometime, but I think it best if I take my leave of this board now.

Cheerio.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:51 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Threadbare
When I get on an airplane, it will be very helpful for my own enjoyment and well-being not to spend the entire trip thinking about how every third passenger is a dangerous psychotic. I'll still know that that's true, of course, but I'll be more easily able to push it from my mind for the duration of the trip if I don't spend any time hanging around here.
???? Did I miss something? ;-) What FlyerTalk thread says that every 3rd passenger is a dangerous psychotic?!!?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
I think he may be implying that it is Flyer Talkers that are dangererous psychotics and that he based on the content of posts here.

Originally Posted by pnoeric
???? Did I miss something? ;-) What FlyerTalk thread says that every 3rd passenger is a dangerous psychotic?!!?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: Air: UA (Plat), US, AA, DL, VX. Hotels: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
A little about me

Hi all...

I've lurked for a while but finally decided to join the FlyerTalk party.

I spent my early childhood flying back and forth from Philadelphia to Ft. Lauderdale where my grandparents had a home, traveling on airlines such as Eastern and National. I've always loved to fly, and during a 6 year span from 1993 to 1999 I flew a decent amount for work - all domestic, but enough to get me Gold status on Continental (tops at the time) and Silver on USAirways.

One of the best things from flying during this time was the chance to see the Continental turnaround firsthand - I lived the "Worst to First" and only wish I had bought CO stock when I noticed it begin to happen. Soon after Gordon Bethune took over I had the pleasure of sitting next to a CO pilot, who told me employees were hopeful they found a real CEO (to quote said pilot, "The last 10 guys were all finance guys, but this guy is an airline guy.")

I don't fly as much as I used to, but I still look upon flying with great anticipation - even now when things are so different than they were "back in the day." One of my career goals is to eventually find a great job where I can once again travel a lot.

So what made me finally decide to join? A mileage run thread about the 787 Dreamliner. I saw dozens of people booking flights on UA just to ride it and thought, "These were my kind of people." I booked a couple of 787 flights for the first weekend in December because of these folks, and like all of them I can only hope the 787 delivery delays don't make my grand journey something less than grand.

Look forward to making some new friends!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.