Who we all are

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2013, 12:00 am

First Post

Looking for a place to make my first post and figured this was a good spot.

I am super excited about finding this forum. My wife is getting mad b/c i'm spending all my free time reading threads on here. She will be happy when I get her to europe this summer on miles though!

I am just trying to decide which cards to start with. I have good credit but haven't been making it work for me up till now.

Any suggestions on threads where I can find info on which cards I should start with?

Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:28 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club.
Hi,

I just signed up. I'm a 20 year old student from Britain and I took my first flights as a solo traveller with British Airways and American Airlines in December to Mexico and I expect to be taking many more flights in the future so I came across this forum when looking to find how to attain status in British Airways' executive club and thought it would be a good idea to sign up.

I look forward to chatting with you all in the future.

Stuart
Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:07 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by freeflights4me
Any suggestions on threads where I can find info on which cards I should start with?

Thanks!
start by looking in the credit card forum here on Flyertalk: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-programs-599/

Welcome !
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: BAEC
Hello all - a new member introduces himself

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

after having read for weeks on this board I decided to take the plunge and become an 'official member' of this website and community. A few words about myself.

I'm reasonably young with 31 and recently started flying. Please don't laugh but up until a few years ago I'd rather watched planes and did some spotting rather than flying. I've always thought I'd panic.

However, 6 years ago I definitely had to fly and ever since then things changed. I don't have to travel for business and am doing this only for the love of flying itself or to cityhop during the weekends. My biggest thrill for me was a longhaul flight with Emirates to Dubai which was the very first time in a widebody aircraft for me! I still remember the excitement when I boarded the plane. On the way down it was an A340-300 which felt like it didn't have enough power and needed a cliff to get the final lift. On the way back it was my 'dreamliner'. The T7 was simply amazing!

Anyway after having completed some short distance hops and the longhaul I finally decided to travel further and more often to places around the globe and found that this forum with the incredible amount of expertise was the place to go.

I'll certainly have some questions but so far most of them have already been answered. I hope that one day I'll be able to contribute to this community as well.

So far happy and save travels!

Crisdean
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Hello all - a new member introduces himself

Hello, Crisdean, welcome. Soon we will initiate you into the world of free upgrades, circuitous routings, and mileage runs.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Welcome!! We are happy to have you!

don't be a stranger!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:18 pm

Good evening
Another new member here. Live in Des Moines, Delta is preferred Airline. Fly only 8-10 times a years so the information gathered here is priceless. Thanks to all you for the great information provided.

Terry
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: United Platinum; Hilton D; Marriott G
I suppose I'll join the fray. I rarely post. I mostly lurk. Too many of you have much more knowledge than I do and exhibit cleverness much better than I could with regards to flying or general travel. I first flew when I was 5, which was back when Pan Am and TWA still existed. I began traveling regularly for my job in Nebraska in 1987. I typically have 65+ legs on United, because quite frankly you can't get there from here on a direct flight. I sell software and travel to colleges across North America.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:52 pm

Welcome! Hooray for jobs that pay you to travel!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 1:29 am

I am a student from Nepal who loves to travel to the nooks and corner of Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal.

Last edited by Jenbel; Jan 13, 2013 at 9:04 am Reason: Remove link.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 5:51 am

Simon Nissim New in community

Hi guys, My name is Simon Nissim new here at your forum site..

Simon Nissim
Old Jan 14, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Simon Nissim New in community

Baruch haba
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:54 am

Programs: M&M FTL FB Petroleum / LH Oil & Energy
Rafi atah medaber ivrit ?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Originally Posted by dnviessk
Rafi atah medaber ivrit ?
Betach ani medaber ivrit. Ani ish chareidi, b'chassidut Sanz :-)

Nice to find more members of the club..
Old Jan 16, 2013, 4:35 am

Introduction here!!

Hi my name is jimmy and I am a telecom engineer from Mill Creek, WA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.