Reload this Page >

Who we all are

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2012, 6:39 am

Programs: Delta Silver, AMEX Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Platinum
Hello, my name is John. I am a long time lurker and occasional poster who after twenty plus years in sales and sales management is now in the aviation industry. This is my first post under my new profile because I want to be forth-coming with the FlyerTalk community about any possible conflicts of interest and do not want to appear to be spamming the forums.

The company I work for has a nearly 50 year history in business and private aviation services and I've been in customer facing positions in high net worth and business to business sales for more years than I like like to divulge. I value the FlyerTalk community and although I will rarely have budget travel offerings through my company, I'll be happy to answer questions on empty legs, one-way pricing and other discounts available in private aviation.

I fly commercial and stay in hotels across North America regularly, and appreciate that the forums help me maximize the dollars I spend, programs I use and reduce the travel headaches we all suffer.

I hope I can be a resource to the forums and foster networking relationships with aviation industry, hospitality and travel professionals. Any concierges in the audience are especially welcome to step up and share tips and strategies for satisfying the most demanding customers. My best wishes to the FlyerTalk community for a happy and safe holiday season.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:07 pm

I'm Paul. I'm a new travel agent with AMEX/Cruise Planners. This is a retirement careeer after 40 years in IT and Software Engineering. Made my way up the chain to run several software companies, then started a consulting company with a few friends 10 years ago. Most of our business was in Europe, Australia and Asia. So I had the opportunity to travel quite a bit. So now I'm on the other side of the travel agent's desk. Look forward to learning about and seeing many parts of the world I haven't experienced yet.

Last edited by Jenbel; Nov 29, 2012 at 2:16 am
Old Nov 30, 2012, 3:12 am

Hello,

My name is Mirko. I am coming from Serbia. I am staying half of my time in Serbia and half of my time worldwide because of my job.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: USAir
Who am I??

I am a writer and travel several times a year often to see grandchildren. I am looking for the best way to get the best fares and make the best use of our credit cards. I'm a bit of a newbie at this so am reading voraciously to learn al the good things you others post.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 7:09 pm

Newbie looking for mentor to take under their wing for guidance in the Corinth/Lewisville/Lake Dallas area. Father (RIP) retired Continental captain & sadly never wanted to step foot in a airport on his days off/vacation so the gypsy traveler in me is on the roam. Like any newbie I'm overwhelmed, taking baby steps, absorbing like a sponge but cautiously post.

Last edited by shannonlyn214; Dec 18, 2012 at 9:34 am
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:59 pm

Hi

I work in an international company as a part of a project that's currently implementing SAP all over Europe.

I'm not normally much of a traveller, but becomming a part of that project has changed this rather drastically. This year will take me to 140 travel days or so abroad, while 2013 will probably get me above 200.

Travel is growing on me, especially as the experience takes the edge off the stress factor that is always there when other people have to be trusted to make you reach your destination in time. Lounge access certainly helps as well.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA/CO 1MM
West Coast Dad

Nice to join in the discussion and meet you all. I develop bags/wallets/belts and more for luxury brands in European and Asian factories. From creation to presentation, I do it all. Which puts me on the road quite a bit of time.
I am a family guy, and my kids all dream of going to exotic locales for vacation. I know I have instilled in them all the travel bug.
I am dealjunkie by handle because I love getting things for free or outrageous value. Wins started for me as a teenager when I won my first 10 speed bike from a local radio station. Recently I won an iPod Touch which I gave to my daughter.
Now its time to win some family trips. Wish me luck!
I hope to share as much as I get here.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 1:21 am

Hallo, I am Alan from China. I used to work for Chinese domestic airlines for several years, I am so passionate about travel and different cultures, currently self employed, with flexible time, I am looking forward to the global travel and meeting international friends.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, US Silver, HH Gold, Marriott PLT, SPG Gold
Happy to be aboard, have been reading for years and learning as I go; looking forward to being able to contribute some, as I'm finally getting to the point where I know some of the answers and can share!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles
New to Flyer Talk

Hi All,

My name is Jeet, and I am new to flyertalk. A friend of mine recommended it. I am from Mississauga, ON. I am 34 years old, am married, and have 2 kids.

Recently I got a letter from Aeroplan saying I have achieved Elite status. I do not fully know what benefits I get from that, I became Elite by flying to China 4 times (for work).

I am interested in the eUpgrades that I see people talking about, but I dont understand how you know how many credits you need to use etc.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 2:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have loved earning miles for status for a little while now, but after reading some of the forums, I have not been smart about it. So I very much look forward of smart mileage running and learning how its truly done.

I am based in Boston and mainly travel between here and Europe on a frequent basis. Looking to travel more to Asia and South America in the future. I work for an educational travel company so seeing new places is one of my favorite things to do.

In a typical year I get around 40k miles, but was spoiled last year getting to 80k. I would love to get back up to that level, but wont this year.

Thanks in advance for all the help and knowledge I will learn from this site and all of you!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:56 am

Programs: AA, UA
Hello Everyone,

My name is Nathan and I am from Chicago. I am an Electrical Engineer and 36 yrs old. My biggest passion since I was little has been traveling and im glad that I have met up with some of you guys to give me a inside to the better way of travel. For years I have been everyone's tour guide but now my eyes are open. I've made it to the Argentina do if anyone reading this was there and had a great time. I was the one that seemed kinda quiet. Also I went to the Chicago Seminar. My goal next yr is to make status with united or american and hopefully earn at least 1 million miles. Rode business class to Argentina and since then there is no turning back. Cant wait to make new friends so hit me up if you like.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 3:33 am
Suspended

Hello friends,
My name is sara.I have just joined this forum.I am so glad to meet this community.I am working as an fashion designer .
Old Dec 16, 2012, 3:48 am

Hello all!
My name is Pete from Bangkok, Thailand. Recently stumbled upon this forum and decided to join.

I'm a tech entrepreneur.

Last edited by Cholula; Dec 16, 2012 at 9:54 am Reason: Removed link
Old Dec 18, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Now I have got to 1067 posts, figured it is time to introduce myself.

Greg. Currently early 40-something. Live in London, UK since 2008. Prior to that, lived (and was originally born in) Toronto, Canada.

I joined Flyertalk back in 2005. I had been travelling for work as a management consultant since 1997, and was collecting points and miles, but without much thought.

In 2005, I joined to help me best plan how to use my points. From there, I started paying attention to how I earned my points.

As a management consultant, have always been a bigger hotel earner than an airline earner (3 or 4 nights a week in hotels, versus only 2 flights a week). I have earned in a lot of programs, but mostly have concentrated on Air Canada Aeroplan, British Airways Avios, and Marriott Rewards.

In 2008, stopped the life of a travelling consultant and instead moved abroad to the the UK to live life as a citizen of a city who (mostly) stayed put. The past few years, no longer travelling for business, I have been working on best using my saved up points (before they expire) and chasing lifetime Marriott status.

As a traveller, I like exploring a place by foot. I eschew directed (and well-explained) tours in favour of uninformed wandering. I like trains. I try and see one Formula One grand prix a year. Every year since 2001, I have (tried to) watch the NFL Superbowl in a different city in the world. I like beer (mostly lager) and chicken wings, but am willing to try whatever the local cuisine is. Most of my travels have been capture in my blog, when I deign to write in it now and again.

I used to travel more, but now am more concentrated on living as a Canadian expat in London. Coming up in 2013, I am applying for my Indefinite Leave to Remain, so am currently studying for my upcoming "Life in the UK Test."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.