Who we all are

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA
From Colorado, in Sales, new to this site, new to the acronyms - Thanks for the education.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:10 pm

'ello! Jaffy here. New York. Work in non-profit/hunger advocacy and abatement. Love to travel but rarely every do! Still getting the hang of all these acronyms, but hopefully it will sink in soon enough.

LOVE reading through the trip reports of places I would be happy to visit on planes and in cabins I can only wish to sit in. Perhaps in time...
Old Aug 16, 2012, 1:22 pm

Joined FT last year shortly after the mint party was shut down. Now I am now on a quest, searching for a bounty of miles and points. The mission, which I have chosen to accept, is to acquire enough to create the best honeymoon my future wife could ever imagine.

Truth be told, she may not be into traveling. The post-wedding celebration could last a week, a few days or even one all-inclusive night. (Then we could use the miles and points to see family, go on vacation, etc.) But there's more to marriage than being with someone because you like the same things.

Maybe she will love travel — now somewhere accumulating points, reaching the minimum spend faster than I could imagine — and we'll travel the world for a year or more, exploring and getting to know each other better with every place we meet. A guy can dream.

Whatever the case, that's the plan. There are a lot of tempting locales out there, making it easy to deviate from said mission.

I look forward to reading, learning, PMing, sharing (but not blogging), traveling, and meeting with fellow FTers for many miles and points to come.

Last edited by jetsarefast2; Aug 16, 2012 at 1:27 pm
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:24 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Old-time traveler; elder in age but new to this site

Cheers to all,

I read through all the rules, bylaws, dos and don'ts, and was astonished at how fastidious and how well organized and controlled this site is; makes me feel a little safer to participate, but also makes me feel like I shouldn't say anything out of line, so feeling squelched, and not sure if this is good or bad.

My name is Stu, late 50's, have worked in Higher Ed for over 30 years with the last 13 of those years traveling 48 weeks per year. All I was trying to do was find ways to get rid of a slew of Delta miles in return for some SPG points, did a google, a lot of crap came up, but the this site came up too. Doesn't look like (at least from my first perusal through) this site will help me at all with my charge at hand, which is to get SPG points for Delta miles, but it does look like a very interesting site, with some great folks who have lots of wonderful and sage experience and that regardless of why I got here ... that this might be quite a treasure to have stumbled across.

I am a Project Manager, Solution Architect, Senior Consultant, Change Management agent, Trainer, Curriuclum Writer, and all-in-all, jack-of-all whatever when it comes to implementation of ERP software at colleges, universities and schools. Prior to the 12 years of the above, I spent 10 years as Director of Admissions, Director of International Students and Scholars, Assistant Registrar, Academic Advisor and a couple of other Higher Admin positions at Boston University, University of New Hampshire, University of Wisconsin-Madison and University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.

Bottom line, I travel a lot ... domestic and international. What used to be fun and exciting, now pretty much is arduous and disgusting. However, the actual physical act of flying, finding decent hotels, and meeting people is still fun. But, I like to find any web sites and meet any people who can help me still think that what I do, as far as travel, is worth the actual pain and crap that it truly is. My major reason to continue doing what I do anymore is first of all, I love my clients, but after that, I just do love to go to new and different places, but I also like to then share that travel with my partner, and get some benefit out of all the miles and points I collect. Using those sometimes, actually most of the time, is limited and ends up being of limited or no value. I continue to try and find ways to use those benefits in a more effective and creative manner.

So, is that enough of an introduction?
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
Hi everyone,,

I'm Alex and a little kid from HK but is going to study Sixth Form (so you know my age approx) in the UK. I would say that I like travelling, especially air travel I'm a little of a fan in airliners and know something about this plane and the another.

It's amazing to see such a big community helping out on travelling issues, it's great info and assistance.

Thanks =]
Old Aug 19, 2012, 6:10 pm

coondog

Hello my name is Dave and I'm excited about being on this site.I have miles on Delta, United and American that I have never used. My goal is to visit the eight states and three continents I haven't visited in the next 2 years plus have fun playing the miles game.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 6:29 pm

Fudgepanda here, but you can call me, well, fudgepanda I suppose. Work at an airport and fly fairly rarely and almost exclusively in Europe. Came to this forum from a link from elsewhere so thought I'd join up. Never actually had any airline rewards as by the time I had enough to use them I'd probably have shuffled off this mortal coil.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:28 am
Suspended

Hello!
I am anew here and I am happy to be part of Flyer Talk. I'm very excited. Can any one suggest where should I start?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: American Airlines, Hilton Honors, Hertz
Hi

Just joined. My role at work (IBM) is changing and I'll likely be flying more often (one trip a month or so). Not much compared to some here, but more than I have been. So I figured I could learn from the pros so to speak.

I'll likely have one or two international trips a year, with the rest scattered all around the US. So far this year I've been to Beijing and have a trip to Sao Paulo planned in a month or so. I have 3 other domestic trips planned this fall.

I've looked at Global Entry, but not sure I want to drop $100 on it for a couple of trips a year. I don't know if work will pay for it. I'll investigate.

For most of the places I fly (business and personal) SWA has good fares, so I try to stick with them (recently got a points card associated with that program). When they are not an option, I tend towards United as they are also my go-to international carrier for building points for upgrades. (I had to sit in the back of the bus to and from Beijing... horrible. I hope to have enough points to upgrade next trip over)

I'm not an amateur traveler (maybe "advanced"), but as my frequency of travel increases, I will want to bump that level, and came here for tips, tricks and research.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:43 am

Finally able to travel

Hello All,

I'm a long-time lurker who finally decided to create an account and try to become more active on FT. For a decade I've been into finding Hot Deals for earning $$$ or saving $$$ on products, and now I'd like to expand my horizons toward travel.

For me, business travel is near zero. All near-term travel will be personal. So I'd like to better understand the tricks of the trade to find low fares, great deals, and ways to collect miles/points.

My wife shares the interest of travel, so we'd like to expand our horizons.

Thanks,
-WT
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:52 pm

I want to earn 1500 bonus aero plan miles

How can I do the speed pass at esso
Old Aug 29, 2012, 7:36 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum
Smile Learning is the key!

Hi Everyone!!

I figured this would be the best place to bust my flyertalk 'cherry'. I've been following flyertalk for some time just a little apprehensive to post. I'm an almost 30-something who has traveled for many years but never realized how points/miles worked. I really got into collecting points/miles about a year ago (kicking myself for all those years of travel when I let my points/miles expire )
Anyway, I'm glad to be making my first post today! I've learned so much in over the course of a year, I've earned about 500,000point/miles in various programs (starting with nothing before) and even applied for some CC successfully. Thanks to all for making the information obtainable and being willing to share your stories.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:05 pm

Finally signing up..

Hello everyone,
I have used this forum from time to time for silent advice. But now that I need some active advice I figured it was time to say hi.

Have a great weekend.

-Masa.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:31 am

First message, all about me !

Name: Shane Dallimore

Sim flying since 1981 !

Have been a member of VPA (Virtual Pilots Association) for 7 years ^
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:52 pm

Hi All,

My name is Dan, i'm early 30's and in law enforcement from the MSN area. I have been a LEO for five years and previously spent nine years in the USMC and WI ARNG. I met my wife while in the academy, and we enjoy flying out of MKE to visit family in SEA, LWS and SFO areas. No children in the house yet, but with two rescues (one hound and one collie) we stay on our toes.

In the past year I began looking at our frequent flights to SEA, LWS, ATL and soon to be YUM thinking we're missing out on miles and perks. I previously was an airline refueler at MKE and fell in love with MWE. With the passing of MWE, we found UA and AK Air to suit our needs. We are just getting started on accumulating UA miles, somewhere near 100k miles and counting. We loved LIH for our honeymoon, but I'd like to suprise my wife with a PRG and BRU visit in 2014 for our 5 year. I'm hoping to learn from seasoned flyers here and make the trip happen with miles when that happens.

Thanks for the forum, and looking forward to many more posts.

Dan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.