Reload this Page >

Who we all are

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2017, 7:16 pm

Welcome @Veiled - and hope you'll join our FlyerTalk team on Kiva as well!
Funny you mention it! I was actually on the team before I registered for the forum.

Last edited by Veiled; Nov 19, 2017 at 7:16 pm Reason: missing open quote tag
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: UA 1K
Hey everyone!

I have been more of a lurker since I joined FlyerTalk but have made some attempts at getting more active, with the biggest step taking part in the Secret Santa this year. I have been traveling since I was a kid and my family says I have been fascinated by planes since I first saw one! Most of my travel is leisure, but in recent years I have been attending conferences for work, so naturally I choose the furthest conference to maximize miles!

When I am not planning a vacation or researching a destination, I am working as an Assistant Operations Coordinator for a mobile health care agency in NJ. We run units with EMTs, paramedics, and nurses as well as a dispatch center. I started out as a volunteer EMT in high school and had a failed attempt at college and became a paramedic at 22 while slowly working on the college degree which I finished two years ago at 30!

The only bad part about traveling is leaving my Bloodhound and Treeing Walker Coonhound behind!

-Vinnie
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
I am a true flying dutchman. 40 years old and father of 2 sons who are already almost taller then I am. As a kid my parents flew me around the globe to show so many wonderful places. And as a natural history filmmaker I continue flying around the same globe. I live in a little town near Amsterdam and love living in the Netherlands. KLM or partners will bring me where I need to be almost always. I love planes and used to, as a kid, always talk myself into cockpits. I have accumulated so many miles I actually can not spend them all so now I treat friends and relatives on shared holidays. I am almost done with my second collection of KLM houses and have decided to give away any 3th one I get.

It is sad the fokkers and soon the 747's will leave KLM as I love these old planes. Boring times are ahead on airports around the globe. KLM is my blue bird back home in places far away.

The only plane I have never flown on is an A340-600 and still not regret paying a lot of money to catch one of the last Concorde flights. My favourite flight was with the PH-PBY including a few water landings.
Calchas and Boturham like this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Hey guys,

Long time lurker and close to 4m flier here. united 1k, alaska mvpg, turkish e+. SO calls the site flyersquawk as i read it too much. Good to finally cross over and start posting.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by mdbe
Hey guys,

Long time lurker and close to 4m flier here. united 1k, alaska mvpg, turkish e+. SO calls the site flyersquawk as i read it too much. Good to finally cross over and start posting.
Wow 4M!!! That's alot of time/miles in the sky. You know I've always been a bit jittery when minor turbulence hits, but I'm sure you've experienced quite a few during your time.

Interesting to see who everyone is on FT. I think most are either higher income or in professions that allow them company/business-paid travel/miles to rack up that many miles!!!
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Smile Hi & Happy New Year to all from new member in Italy !!

Hello and Happy 2018 to all from Italy!
What a beautiful day to join Flyertalk after almost 10years of reading it daily!
Well, let's introduce myself: I'm a 28 y.o. man from Milano Italy, actually I am single but crossing the fingers for a good year to meet someone interesting
I love travelling and I've a particular interest in Hotels and planes (I worked as flight attendant for a while).
In the past years I was elite level in several programs, due to a lot of trips for my job, such as IHG Plat Royal Ambassador (amazing suites at IC Hotels (-, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum and some others... At the moment, since my travels are just for leisure, I am Hilton Gold and Best Western Diamond Select...but I promise to do better this year (-:
I am here to share my travel experiences with you, to meet new people all around the world, to improve my English skills (sorry, you know, I'm Italian...please let me know my mistakes...) and maybe to show you around Milan when in stop-over in my area (-:
I have been in a lot of European Hiltons and Sheratons, and overseas I have been just to Boston and Chicago.
Please be free to write me, I hope to have a lot of fun here!
Happy festive season!
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: Miles & More, Hilton Honors
Hi everyone, I'm a 30 year old male living in Frankfurt, Germany and originally from Düsseldorf.

I work in professional sports and at the beginning of last year I moved into an internationally focused role, hence I now have a lot of travel and a personal interest in doing it right. Being based in Frankfurt in a company with a relatively liberal travel policy is a blessing for me, as our general MO for flight bookings is based on the way our senior execs pick their flights: "Find me the best connection and make sure it's Lufthansa!" We have an in-company travel office but we're generally free to book our own travel and have it reimbursed, and since that usually gets me points AND saves money for the company (which I'm not actually sure our travel office considered to be an objective), I've been doing more and more of that recently.

I'm a LH Senator and a Hilton Gold member. I did used to be a Hilton Diamond, and that was actually what started my interest in optimizing my travel and points: I took enough trains to get Deutsche Bahn Comfort status, which I found I could match to Best Western Platinum, which I found Hilton would be willing to match to Diamond, which got me good rates on nice hotels to go visit soccer games with my girlfriend, not to mention free breakfasts and suite upgrades. To this day I've never stayed at a Best Western...

Other than that: My mother is American and my father is German, so air travel was always a big part of our lives as kids. Growing up in Düsseldorf we lived about 15 minutes from the airport, a great source of pride to everyone from Düsseldorf since it's the only thing we definitely do better than Cologne Dad was a management consultant, so Friday nights were spent reading teletext to tell our mom when his flight was coming in. His work meant there was always a yellow booklet with LH flight connections on his desk, almost always a lounge to visit before flights (back in the day when Senators could expect to take their whole family in, and "rejection" in that respect meant being sent to the Business Lounge), and even an automatic FTL card for me all through high school and college. As kids I remember getting a little plush airplane on Swissair, eating McDonalds happy meals for kids on United, using my first personal IFE system on LTU (a bulky walkman-like device with movies on Super-8-type tapes, around 1999), and my parents throwing a fit when our seats at check-in would turn out to be "ideal for families with kids" (meaning: in the last few rows near the smokers!). I also recall my sister and I getting to see at least one Lufthansa cockpit from the inside. I was certainly lucky to experience as much as I did as a kid, though I will always remember one trip I didn't get to go along on: British Airways LHR to JFK on Concorde. I was envious then and I still am now!
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Program
I literally just joined tonight and frankly I'm very excited about being apart of a community that is as passionate about this 'art' as I am!! I am a 21-year old German/Dutch male, I'm originally from Bethesda, Maryland and I'm currently residing in the Bay Area.

I currently am not in college right now as I am focusing on work, which is as a host at a high-class restaurant, and on building up my YouTube channel which should be set to debut in the next few months. I am a freelance music journalist, began writing music reviews sophomore year of high school around 2015, and then transitioned onwards into now beginning a vlog that will cover the live side of music! Essentially going across the United States for music festivals, concerts, artist tours, and hopefully do this around the world as well! The goal of the vlog is basically document and capture these amazing live experiences for all music fans, for those who already went to relive the memory, or for the music fan who cannot attend but still demands a taste of what it is like there in that specific environment. I've been meeting artists that I've looked up to since I was 16, which have included Camila Cabello, Fifth Harmony, Logic, and Daya to name a few. Traveling is absolutely a critical part in this vlog that I intend to start, and that's a big reason why I've been investing so much time into learning and beginning my journey from being a beginner in being a frequent flier!

I am currently an Alaska Mileage Plan member and only have been since 2016, I hold the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature Credit Card as well and that is currently the only mileage program that I'm investing myself towards because I feel it's probably best for me in terms of where I am geographically. I'm not any sort of elite status right now, and I'm hoping that will change this year! I am also very thrilled about the numerous airline partners Alaska is with, such as Condor and Emirates! I will be doing a SFO>JFK, EWR>SFO Mileage run with Alaska once a month beginning in April ($220.99 round-trip) to jumpstart the journey, and I'm looking forward to honestly doing that. I'm also trying to maximize the amount of points I earn for award travel by also making my Alaska credit card my primary, alongside using Rocketmiles for hotel purposes as well, and convincing others to join my mini-vacations with me! They get to have fun, but their splitting with expenses plays a major part in helping me acquire the maximum amount of miles I want for award travel as well! Cheaper on me, but I'm earning a bunch of miles in the process that helps for award travel!

I'm still learning so much more about the Alaska loyalty program and just the 'art' of frequent travel + mileage runs in general, because the goal for me is to at least get to MVP Gold status by the end of 2018. I have a big spring break trip planned for March 26th-29th in Vegas, but I'm holding off on airfares since the flights back to SFO on Alaska went to $349 one-way, which seem ridiculous because it was only $56 not too long ago. I'd only hope that's just because it's the holiday weekend. Any tips and advice from you guys would help me so much go towards my goal of achieving MVP Gold at the cheapest cost possible, because I want to experience what it is like to be able to redeem miles for a business-class and/or first-class flight! I've yet to taste those classes, and I have a great feeling I will be doing so this year! Feel free to message me, and I'm thrilled to be apart of this community.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue
Long-time lurker but finally decided to create an account. I'm an economist that has been living in Rwanda for the last 2 years. I've always been fascinated with air miles and travelling, particularly travelling to strange destinations. My greatest travelling achievement so far has been having visited over 50 countries, including North Korea and Somaliland. Flying around Africa has been quite complicated as there are not many routes (you always end up with layovers in ADD or NBO) and have found it hard to acquire miles effectively. But I will be moving to the US for graduate school later this year and I hope I can learn from all the knowledge in this forum to make the best use of my miles.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I'm a 24 year old male consultant based in Dallas. I travel most weeks for work, and flying, miles, points, etc. has quickly become a passion for me. I absolutely love this site. I don't post much, but appreciate all the cool stuff on this site.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 4:39 am

Travel Lover Here

I believe every person must travel. Whether is a nearby town, another region of your own country, or another destination, in a country far far away! Travelling adds memories to life so I am here to explore such travel experiences and share mine.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 12:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Then you have found the right place, with the added wrinkle that most (although certainly not all) of us here like to use miles and points to do at least some of the travel.

Welcome to FT!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: HILTON,MARRIOTT,SHERATON,UAL,AA,SW,DL,ETC
INTRO

I just became Global for Life on UA. Live in Chicago area. Have been lurker but not really involved. 72 recent widower can afford to, but fear retirement. Just want to introduce myself.
DeathSlam likes this.
Old May 18, 2018, 4:56 am
oot

Long time lurker, medium time member, and just started posting

Live in London and travel pretty much every other week. Sometimes local, sometimes global...

Previously lived in New York, Bangkok and Singapore. Have held BA Gold, Delta Platinum and Aegean Gold, though not all at the same time :P Been through the hotel memberships too..
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: TK Elite
Hi everyone,

I am also a longtime lurker and decided to join in ..

My origin is Turkish and I live in Germany, like to travel and do that a lot ..

My purpose is to find help and give help, esp. with TK and travelling within Germany/Turkey..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.