Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 8:30 pm

Programs: D SM, AA A, SPG, HH, MR
Hey gang.

Low post count but a long time FlyerTalker here.

A little about me. 38 based out of WAS (IAD is preferred). Born and raised out of Virginia. Working in sports media for 17 years (which doesn't pay the bills) but my primary gig now is in insurance (which does pay the bills). I also substitute teach on the side.

I travel to AMS twice a year (February and in the Summer for music festivals) and I usually tack on a trip the Caribbean each Fall. I want to get to Asia though so I'm shortening up my Summer trip this year in hopes to throw in the Asia trip in late Fall.

I LOVE to travel and I also plane-spot in my spare time looking at the different flight tracking apps while listening to air traffic control from around the world.

I'm a big guy so I love food and enjoy it even more in Europe where it tastes more genuine without the additive stuff we get here in the States.
Old May 2, 2015, 12:55 pm

Hello all! Just joined up a few days ago, but can't imagine how having all the knowledge form this site won't help me in my ventures! I sort of stumbled across the idea of using credit cards to help travel early on in college(even though I was taught credit cards are the spawn of satan :P). Now I'm interested in learning more about how to REALLY utilize them as I'm planning to travel to nearly every country.

I'm from a tiny town in Nebraska, but have been to 15 countries in about 8 years and am working on a trip to SE Asia and the Australias in september, so I'm super excited for that. I love making connections so don't be shy to reach out if you want and I can't wait to see you around the boards.
Old May 11, 2015, 1:02 pm

Hi Everyone! I'm brand new around here but love to travel. Favorite destinations are Florida and Arizona. I'm a mom of 3, so flying gets to be expensive. I'm always looking for good deals to help save money. Looking forward to learning from you all. Hope I can share some good ideas with you as well.
Old May 12, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA
Hola! I'm also a newbie to the forum. I'm in my late-30's, live in Southern California, I love travel and looking to do more, especially internationally.

I've been lurking through some of the threads in the last day. Fascinated, and also a bit intimidated, with how much I have to learn from people here. Hope to contribute in my own way, whatever that might be. See you around!
Ryan
Old May 13, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
I have been on this forum for awhile, but never officially introduced myself... oops!

My name is Erica, and I'm from Chicagoland (more specifically, the NW suburbs); in a former life on this forum, I was eriquita0115, but I somehow ended up with two accounts, and subsequently merged them both into this one. I grew up here in Chicagoland, and also lived in France twice. Currently working as a Project Manager for a company in the Western suburbs.

My favourite travel destinations are Montreal and Argentina. This year, I'm going to Colombia and Panama and cannot wait! A trip to the Dominican Republic is on deck for next year, and I hope to visit Montreal again sometime this year or next.

All of my trips are possible thanks to collecting miles, so that's why I'm here. It's nice to be in a community of like-minded people!

See you all around
Old May 14, 2015, 9:05 pm

Hello all!

I am Damir, from Croatia. I am 33 years old and my favourite football player was ex-Dinamo player Sammir, so that's where my nickname come from.

I found great stuff on this forum so I decide to join the community to share with you some information I have.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: N/A
Smile

Hello!

My name's Ashley and I live in Southern California - born and raised - but looking to relocate in the next 12 months. I've worked in Finance but I'm now in Operations.

I've been reading the forum for a while and hacking when I can. Most recently I used my miles/points for a 3 week rail trip for my husband and I around France, The Netherlands & Switzerland as a 30th birthday present to myself!

I'm hoping to learn and add valuable advice. I also hope to meet others in Southern Cali!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:11 am

Hello all,

Joined FT a few weeks ago. Haven't lurked or anything before but this place looks like an incredibly thorough resource for anyone willing to do some detail research on anything travel related

I'm in the Dallas Fort Worth area and work in the commercial aerospace industry. Love traveling and am planning some big international trips soon. There has literally never been a better time to travel than now, just the number of flights/hotels and affordability is incredible and pretty much unthinkable just 20 years ago.

I hope to learn a lot here and contribute whatever I can!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:44 pm

Weeza here. I'm a tiny business owner,book addict, Criminal Justice nerd and owner of a zoo of pets. I currently live in California but will always count Seattle as home
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
I've also posted this on the New Member thread:

Actually joined some time ago but only just noticed this topic. Retired now but ex seasoned traveller (BA Gold in the 1990's) so it's only leisure travel now. Always had an interest in airlines/travel and I worked on the ABC World Airways Guide (computerising the transfer connections) in 1970-2 also did some work at SAS in Stockholm on the reservations system in the 1980s as well as some reservation work at Olympic Airways in Athens integrating ferry bookings with the airline reservation systems. Recent travel has been to NZ where our daughter is now living and will be going again in Feb on CX with a stopover in HK. I apologise for some of the rather inane questions that I might have asked on the CX board but it's been along time and my brains going I think.....
Old Jul 25, 2015, 9:34 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by flyguy
I was a Charter Member here when the place opened and can't recall if I ever posted on this thread. Then my excuse is I'm old.
Actually, you did post in this discussion several times before it was merged from several different threads — with the first time being on March 15, 1999.

Welcome back!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:11 am

Programs: AB Platinum (OWE)
Hi! I'm a 26 year old PhD student from Vienna, Austria.
I'm passionate about travelling, photography and scuba diving.
I've travelled to ~50 countries and lived in 4 different countries.
When I fly, I mostly stick to Oneworld (Emerald status), but from time to time I also fly Star Alliance or SkyTeam. All my flights are leisure-only.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: Somewhere in my wallet
I'm based in Washington DC, although travel very frequently for work (visas for the US and banking compliance - boring). This year, it's been mostly Mexico City. Last year, it was India, UAE, and Lebanon. In the near future, I'll probably be working in Cuba quite a bit, since there's a lot of work to be done in my field re-establishing connections between the US and Cuba, and I'm a Spanish speaker.

Any of you need advice about DC, I'm happy to help.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA MM
Never posted here, but I've been around for a while. I'm near retirement at a major university in Boston. When I was 19 I left the country on a Freddie Laker charter to Gatwick for $80 and spent the next five years wandering around Africa and Asia, almost exclusively on land, a lot of hitch hiking and backpacking. Those were, by modern standards, very safe years for Asian travel; ah the old "Hippie Trail" from Istanbul to India, I knew it well.

Starting in the mid 80s I flew a ton for my job. I was doing a lot of transpac travel and after TWA lost my baggage and was very snotty about it, I ended up flying UA enough to get status and then of course the world changed and I was hooked. Later was semi-commuting to the Bay Area and picked up Million Miler status. Ah those were the days when status really meant something, and fun to be greeted by name and know half the staff at my home station of BOS.

These days I fly more for recreation than work. For years have done a lot of family hiking and back packing in the western US so most vacation time includes flights and car rental. So although I'm not big on international urban destinations these days, my kids have all flown a lot since they were babes; but I'm still the family travel agent!

There is so much collective knowledge here on FT... I recommend the site to all I meet who travel a lot. I've saved a lot of $$$ based on advice here, and I'm sure I've avoided some nasty screw ups with tight connections, etc. What a helpful lot here, always get great answers to questions, and try to give back when I can.

I really think, if more people traveled and experienced different cultures, found themselves in need of whatever and got helped by those of different skin color, religion, and language, we'd be so much better off as a species!
Old Aug 17, 2015, 6:28 am

Hi!

Hello , stranger ?
I'm also a newbie
My name is anna ,from south of korea(not north ^^
27years old
I'm working as a dental hygienist.

I've been enjoying my every single days .
Hope i can post reports asap !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.