Reload this Page >

Who we all are

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2014, 2:31 pm

Hi everyone! I've been a lurker for a little while now, but I figured it was time to make it official! I'm 25, and my home airports are DFW and DAL. I'm getting ready to hit the road pretty heavily in the coming months; I'm a medical student about to apply to residency programs all over the country. I'm a bit of a foodie and getting to try interesting new foods is what I love most about traveling.

I'm excited to join the FlyerTalk community so I can make the most of my travels and share my own tips and tricks!
Old May 4, 2014, 8:46 pm

antignos

Paul
Las Vegas
WSU Grad GO Cougs
Attended Japando this year. My first Do!
Old May 10, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Hi everyone,

Found these forums through another website so here I am.

Name: Jamie
Job: RAF Avionics Techie
Fav Carrier: BA

Currently deployed in the Falkland Islands so wont be around much until August/September time when I return to the UK from these windswept Islands. Travel quite alot at home with work and to my families villa in spain. Hoping to learn more about rewards etc in the future from this site.
Old May 13, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, SPG Life Plat
Smile Brooklyn Tour

Hi Everyone,

My name is Bill and my wife Donna will be with me on the tour . I heard about the tour and FlyerTalk on a flight from LAX to JFK about five years ago. We are looking forward to the tour, great fun and great people. We are from CT.

Thanks,
Bill
Old May 14, 2014, 3:09 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oilbarrierbill
Hi Everyone,

My name is Bill and my wife Donna will be with me on the tour . I heard about the tour and FlyerTalk on a flight from LAX to JFK about five years ago. We are looking forward to the tour, great fun and great people. We are from CT.

Thanks,
Bill
Welcome to FT, oilbarrierbill!

I have moved your post to "Who we all are" where new members introduce themselves. Are you referring to the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...14-2014-a.html? If so, have you registered for the tour?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 7:07 pm

Smile Flyer Talk is a GREAT website

First, I hope I am posting this in the right forum.

Secondly, Thank you flyer talk and everyone that contributes to this board. I don't post a lot because you guys/girls are so far ahead of me with FF miles. Though I don't post I have sat back for a good while now. I currently have over 400,000 FF miles with AAdvantage, 65,000 US Airways, and 140,000 with Southwest. I have reached my companion pass status with southwest for the 3rd year in a row. I was able to fly my wife and myself to Hawaii and back first class, and I have booked several other trips already with points to spare.

Before reading flyer talks I didn't get to travel much. Now thanks to FT it is common for me to travel. I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for their contributions
Old Jun 9, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Flyer Talk is a GREAT website

Now use those miles before they devalue and you make a new post titled, "Flyer Talkers Screwed Me"
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:16 pm

introduction

hello all,
I love travelling to new places as it helps you revive yourself. Looking forward to getting to know new things. Cheers.

Pratikchya
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:34 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by pratikchya1
hello all,
I love travelling to new places as it helps you revive yourself. Looking forward to getting to know new things. Cheers.

Pratikchya
Welcome to Flyertalk, I look forward to reading your posts.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:05 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
pratikchya1, welcome to FlyerTalk. I'll move your introduction to the CommunityBuzz forum where many new members also introduce themselves. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 3:10 am

I've been lurking for at least a month and have spent over $300 easily based on insights from forum members here. My wife is extremely happy now!

Honolulu based military member with HQ in Camp Parks, Dublin, CA., have to travel every now and then but I'd like to bump this up to monthly or at least every other month.

If anyone has hiking or exercise questions for the Hawaii (mainly Oahu) area I can help. Nightlife, uh, not so much anymore unless they accept 8 yr old children. I will make/achieve Silver status on DL next week after a trip to Monterey, CA. Unfortunately it's not all on DL. My next goal is Gold Medallion level before Camp Arifjan next June.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: Asiamiles, OZ Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Hello fellow travelers

Name: Tim
Profession: Project Manager, Power Generation Industry
Born: April 1980
Favorite Air Carrier: Cathay Pacific (They have the most destinations available from East Asia to the Middle East.)

Been traveling between East Asia/Middle East/North America twice a year from 1990s to mid 2000s.
Was a NW Worldperks member for years prior to Delta's takeover bid.
Only started to travel internationally again after getting this new job in 2012. Hope to
learn a lot more from my fellow travelers.

Tim
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Hi,

I did have another account here but needed to change the name and figured with only 20 posts or so probably easier to start again!

I've used flyertalk a fair bit over the years to help book and find the best way to use miles for various leisure trips. Only ever had one trip which involved work, which was "just" a quick Club Europe trip with BA.

I try and travel as much as time and funds can allow, living in the UK is great as most of Europe is a short cheap hop away, but it's nice to go further every now and again and thanks to flyertalk I can do it a little more comfortably by keeping informed about flight sales and upgrade offers.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:48 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Welcome (back) to FT, Jem90!

As already explained by PM, duplicate usernames/accounts are not allowed according to the FT rules. Thank you for contacting the Community Director to have your accounts merged. I hope you will be an active member of FT with your new handle.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Aloha.
Name: Stephen

Profession: Full time dad, part-time teacher trainer

Born: March 1971

Favorite Air Carrierelta (their the only ones that fly a direct route between my commute)

Hope to meet some of the other FTers in Honolulu (or Fukuoka).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.