Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2014, 2:20 pm

Introduction

Hello guys and gals

Name: Dan Edwards
Profession: Broadcast Engineer, UK and Professional Close-Up Magician
Birth Date: 15th Feb 1987
Location: England (when I'm not on the road following the ATP Tennis Tour)
Favorite Air Carrier: British Airways (Its who I fly most with)
Comments: Should have made a 'hello I'm Dan' post and read the stickys before I posted :P

So, this is my intro, I'm already learning a LOT by reading through some of the stickys on here as well as some of the posts which are relevant to my travel situations.

Its a welcome to the forum / Hello I'm Dan post - so Hey everyone

Dan
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
NJ New Member

Is anyone interested in teaching/advising on how to do all this? It seems so confusing to read about it...much better listening. Just wondering if there is anyone in the Princeton area who would be willing to help a newbie...

MB
Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by mrdanedwards
Hello guys and gals

Name: Dan Edwards
Profession: Broadcast Engineer, UK and Professional Close-Up Magician
Birth Date: 15th Feb 1987
Location: England (when I'm not on the road following the ATP Tennis Tour)
Favorite Air Carrier: British Airways (Its who I fly most with)
Comments: Should have made a 'hello I'm Dan' post and read the stickys before I posted :P

So, this is my intro, I'm already learning a LOT by reading through some of the stickys on here as well as some of the posts which are relevant to my travel situations.

Its a welcome to the forum / Hello I'm Dan post - so Hey everyone

Dan
Welcome all
Just saw this, ATP tour, wow, feel free to share any tennis stories in the OMNI section in the future
Old Feb 21, 2014, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lionmb
Is anyone interested in teaching/advising on how to do all this? It seems so confusing to read about it...much better listening. Just wondering if there is anyone in the Princeton area who would be willing to help a newbie...

MB
Welcome to FlyerTalk and your first post.

Do you mean you have questions on how to redeem miles for flights out of the Princeton Area?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 11:43 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Let me add my welcome to all the new members who checked-on recently!

Originally Posted by kamelia52
Im new to FT. My boyfriend and I are planning a RTW trip in 2015. Would love to meet some fellow FTers in the area.
kamelia52, fortunately, there are many members in the San Diego area. Do check the Community Buzz forum pages from time-to-time to see upcoming Dos in that area.

Originally Posted by spades097
I've been here for a while but never saw this thread. I used to work for Hertz as a branch manager, worked ramp for Comair/Delta, and now I'm an en route air traffic controller in the US.
spades097, FT has at least several ATCSs both in en route and local/TRACON.

Originally Posted by lionmb
MB
FlyerTalk's relatively new forum, Information Desk (in the Points and Miles category), is a good way to get started to learn the arcane art/science of frequent travel programs and strategy.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:48 pm

Hi, people!

Name: Carol
Profession: Brazilian Foreign Service Officer (it's like a diplomat)
Birth Date: 6th Dec 1985
I do move a lot, and have learned so much on FT! It did make my travels easier, and hopefully, now that I'm in a country that has credit cards, I'll start playing miles/points more

Last edited by carolnl; Feb 26, 2014 at 5:29 pm
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:31 am

Hi. SF based. UA >1.2 million miles mostly to HKG. Now retired. Interested in exploring UA mileage runs.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:53 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, CX Silver, Global Entry
Welcome to FT!
Old Mar 15, 2014, 11:40 am

Hi! My name is Mary. (Sounds like the beginning of a confession....)
Been lurking around with minimal posts for a couple of years. I think it's time I got to know some of my fellow FTers. No one else understands!
So, I'm based in SMF, 61 years old, semi-retired/work part time from home. I do a bit of traveling for work and some for pleasure. Thanks to FT, I'm going to Australia next fall in style - Asiana to SYD via ICN in J, Qantas to HKG and Cathay Pacific on to SFO both in first. Love this site!
Old Mar 17, 2014, 2:12 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Greetings,

I am a committed AFFer, and have been lurking here for a while. I live on the outskirts of MEL, AU, and work with emergency services. I am looking forward to meeting some FTers at OzFest #11.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Hello!
I've been here for awhile but usually stuck on the IHG/Air Canada Forums

My name is Brian and I used to travel a lot for work but not anymore, sadly. I'm a Manufacturing/Process Engineer. I used to travel to Guadalajara, Mexico and Hungary a lot for work. Now I'm trying to look for another job where I can get to travel again . I'm from Canada!

I have learned so much here and thanks to fellow FTers. One person even gave me a BOGO for InterContinental since I lost mine and they wouldn't replace it! Great community indeed! This person was thankful for all the help from others so needless to stay this person paid it forward.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Name: Hans
Profession: Senior Marketing Guy
Birth Date: 1985

After years of lurking I finally managed to register at FlyerTalk I work in digital marketing and love flying - so I'm spening all my vacation days flying as often as possible. My goal is to reach 100 visited countries as soon as possible - currently I'm at 70 of 100. I also try to be a photographer (amateur, but I'm having lots of fun doing it) and if you want to check out some of my trips, here's my site:

http://www.travel-photographs.net

Old Mar 20, 2014, 5:39 pm

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
Name: Dawn (aka Daichovo aka Zora)

Profession: Acupuncture and traditional Chinese medical student; musician and music teacher; astrologer (I always seem to wear a few hats)

Birth Date: 1981

Location: Los Angeles, I can't wait to move the hell out of here though. T-1 year! Probably moving to Portland after I graduate.

Favorite Air Carrier: Turkish

Comments: I've learned a lot from this site, thanks everyone! Managed to travel a ton in the last year despite a student budget and limited time off from an all year-round medical program.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: priority pass, M&M, Aeroflot Bonus
Scientific tourist.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 4:28 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Aloha, please welcome your newest local Flyer Talk Member

Hey guys, heres my itinerary as the newest member to FT.

Tues. March 25th 9pm - Watch Punch Drunk Love with Adam Sandler
Tues. March 25th 11pm - Wikipedia Punch Drunk Love (Learn of "Pudding Guy")
Tues. March 25th 1130pm - "Watch Frequent Flyer" Documentary
Tues. March 25th 1155pm - Search FF Promo's (Leads me to FlyerTalk.com)
Wed. March 26th 12am - Registered with Flyer Talk

Wed. March 26th 1215am - Posting first thread. (Reaching out to FT community to learn of FF Opportunities)+(any Honolulu FT members that would like to share further in person)

Wed. March 26th, 1225am crossing my fingers and wanting to believe 'maybe there is such a thing as a free lunch"

Will be standing by.

Much love n aloha, Nick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.