Reload this Page >

Who we all are

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:14 am

Just realised I never posted an intro myself - I'm James, a 35 year old PhD student and part-time lecturer in Scotland (researching computer security, teaching web design because nobody else wants to teach it!), living in the city of Perth.

Love to fly, but rarely get to do it these days; when I was younger I had a happy few years commuting between Houston, TX and the UK, while my father was attached to NASA via the British Consulate in Houston. Lots of segments on Continental IAH-LHR, after learning the hard way why the government was wrong to route us EDI-CDG-LHR on the first flight out there. Hopefully, another year or so will see me racking up the miles again!

I missed it, but my brother happened to be there in some consular function and watched out of the window as feds came to collect people in handcuffs from Enron HQ ... newsworthy moment. Still miss Houston, want to end up back there someday. Failing that, at least a city where I can fly from without driving the plane myself...
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:22 pm

Hi from SF!

Hi! I've been doing some collecting of miles since 2006 (thanks to an old coworker, Gary Leff). One of my fave memories was an extremely cheap business class flight from Toronto to Cyprus -- and my first trip to the Middle East (Turkey)!

This November, I'm headed to Bali for a quick 3-4 day trip with stopovers in Tokyo.

I'm now located in SF and I'm up for meeting on the road.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: LH M+M
Greets from Germany

43y.o. from Buxtehude, which is in the approach path to XFW (Airbus Finkenwerder), thus seeing planes even w/o travelling .

Flying from HAM across Europe for IT work+conferences.

Should really start a bonus programm..

--Philipp
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:21 pm

25 years old. I've called San Diego "home" for the past 15 years. Not sure how I stumbled upon the world of MS but I'm glad I did. For the past two years I've churned my way to a trip to Europe and then Hong Kong with my GF.

I'm learning a lot of new tips and tricks from the FT community and I hope to bring some value to the table too. I've really enjoyed using Serve and NW Buxx so far but miss the days of buying Vanilla Reloads at CVS with CC's.

If anyone knows of any MS Meetups in San Diego I'd be really interested in attending (or starting some). It'd be great to learn together and discuss ways to maximize miles/rewards and how to achieve the minimum spend!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 4:46 am
TKD

Programs: Delta, IHG
Been lurking for a bit, finally signed up. 32 years old, living in lower Fairfield County, CT. My fiancée lives in Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, so as you might imagine, we've been flying a lot since we met. (Wedding date TBD, but her visa process is wrapping up successfully it seems, so hopefully soon.)

We both have long hours in the office and realized over the past year that we get more time together on the weekends if we fly to a third city, since there are no direct flights between any of the NYC metro area airports and ELP/CJS. We both are fans of lucha libre (Mexican professional wrestling), so that third city is often Mexico City.

By the time that 2015 is done, I'll have flown as much this calendar year as I had in my entire life before then. Will be making Silver Medallion status with Delta easily.

Because interesting lucha cards are often announced only 1-2 weeks in advance, we often make weekend trips to Mexico City on short notice, so our frequent travel won't be ending after marriage -- getting the most out of FF/rewards programs helps.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, Delta SkyMiles, JetBlue TrueBlue
New to the Forum

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum; Just signed up, and excited to learn more and get to know everyone here.

My main problem, is that I need some help and I want to make sure to post my question in the right forum... I feel like I am a bit lost regarding what to do with all of my frequent flier programs and credit cards, and I need some guidance from someone who is a little better at this than I am...

Thanks much, I look forward to hearing from you and meeting everyone here.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

jbrecording Welcome to FT

Have a look here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk-730/
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...faqs-more.html
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:52 am

Newbie South Africa

Hi all, I am 50 y.o newbie and from South Africa and would like to get info or experiences from other South Aafrican based M.R's
Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:14 pm

Hi, I am a newbie. I am an (elderly!) Midwife. I have a daughter who fairly recently became cabin crew... (soooo the right job for her!!) I like to fly in comfort...and make up for my flying excesses by camping (urgh) on my other holidays..☺
Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Chatogal
Hi, I am a newbie. I am an (elderly!) Midwife. I have a daughter who fairly recently became cabin crew... (soooo the right job for her!!) I like to fly in comfort...and make up for my flying excesses by camping (urgh) on my other holidays..☺
Welcome Chatogal. For some reason I have a lot of midwife friends and thus I've learned how demanding a job it can be. I hope you can learn here and enjoy your holidays.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Welcome Chatogal. For some reason I have a lot of midwife friends and thus I've learned how demanding a job it can be. I hope you can learn here and enjoy your holidays.
Ty...I would have "liked" the reply...just not sure how to!..lol
Old Nov 3, 2015, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Chatogal
Welcome to FT! There's a few of us in the nonrev family around here... most of the other members don't bite (but some do, so watch out)

-J.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:16 am

Hi from Maryland

Hi I am 34 years old and have been taking long haul trips 8+ hrs with my toddler.

I only recently discovered this forum because whenever I search for something I always find the solution on here and so I have decided to sign up.

I would like to learn more about maximizing our frequent flyer benefits and experiences while taking these trips.

It would be great to meet people in transit, I still can't believe such a community exists. ^
Old Nov 10, 2015, 11:37 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Deds1, welcome to FlyerTalk!

In addition to looking at the dedicated forums for, e.g., airlines and hotel groups you use, and the Information Desk, don't overlook the Travel with Children forum for those practical tips you can use or contribute. Also check the many "Dos" -- meetings of FlyerTalkers -- which are set up in many parts of the world. So far as meeting FlyerTalkers en route, one good way is to look for the bright yellow bag tags with the FlyerTalk logo (See http://www.flyertalk.com/store/ )
Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
Deds1, welcome to FlyerTalk!

In addition to looking at the dedicated forums for, e.g., airlines and hotel groups you use, and the Information Desk, don't overlook the Travel with Children forum for those practical tips you can use or contribute. Also check the many "Dos" -- meetings of FlyerTalkers -- which are set up in many parts of the world. So far as meeting FlyerTalkers en route, one good way is to look for the bright yellow bag tags with the FlyerTalk logo (See http://www.flyertalk.com/store/ )
Thank you, I will

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.