Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Durhamtraveler
kallisthenis, I am attaching a note to your greeting because I could not see how to open my own post. :-( I am a retired professor of educational research and planning who is focusing on living the sunset years via travel. I have enjoyed and have profited from reading FT for a number of years, but this is the first time I actually joined with the idea of contributing as well as lurking. Can someone tell me how to find the button that allows posting? :-)
Professor, at the top and the bottom of the thread (near the page #s) you will find buttons that say "Post Reply" -- you can use this button to create your own new post within a thread. Welcome to FT!

-J.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 1:25 am

Hi guys) this year I'm making true my dream of a year traveling ) now I'm living in Goa, India. I enjoy the sea and communication with people from all over the world, look for interesting projects in the Internet, try dishes) I'm a vegetarian, I do meditation and read books ) nice to meet everyone )
Old Jan 28, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Exec
Good Evening,

I'm new to the forums and this looked a good place to start.

My name is James and I am based in the South-West of England.

I travel around Europe quite regularly in my job (Automotive Industry). Also long haul 3 or 4 times a year. Quite loyal to BA and currently hold BA Silver.

When I'm not in a BA tin can, I enjoy going to watch Bath Rugby (Season ticket holder), or chasing around my two young children (girl- 1& boy- 3 years old )

Looking forward to getting to know you all, there is some great content on here.

Cheers!

James
Old Jan 29, 2016, 4:10 am

Hi all.
I am Fiona Monini. My parents are Italian, but I was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA. I'm 27 and travel a lot, and spend lot of time in Europe.
Glad to know you guys.
Cheers !
Old Jan 30, 2016, 4:04 pm

Hello Everyone!
My name is Morgan...I am 22 years old...Married and have a 4 year old!
I was born in Dallas TX but raised till I was 10 in a small town within Greenville Michigan. My Grandparents own a ranch resort there...Maybe someone here has herd of it...Its called The Double R Ranch?
Well anyways...When I was 10 Me and my family moved down to the Deep south Texas..which is where I still live today. I also lived in Colorado Springs back and forth between here and CO ever since my parents moved when I was pregnant back in 2011 :-)
Hope to get in touch with some of you...Maybe some are near where I am :-D
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:26 pm

Hi all, Arjan here, digital nomad since a year. Cheers!
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: MilleMiglia Freccia Alata
Hi there,

I live in a small city in the Netherlands. I'm trying to fly as much as I can and really enjoy flying. Favorite airlines are KLM and Lufthansa. Currently I'm Freccia Alata member due to a statusmatch.

Please keep in mind English is not my native language.

A

Last edited by ArthurM; Apr 23, 2016 at 1:45 pm
Old Mar 15, 2016, 6:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta, AMEX Membership Rewards
What's going on Flyertalk?!

The name is Deric Poldberg and I reside in the heartland of America, aka Omaha NE. I'm 24 and am fairly new to the miles and points game. I don't post much, but spend most of my time browsing and learning as much as I can!
Old Mar 16, 2016, 3:59 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Luca and I am an international attorney, mostly for private issues, like citizenship, relocation, estate planning with a cross-border element, expat families, working in Europe.

I have been flying for many years, but before that my travels were 100% in night trains, so I'm a friend of the timetable. Not too elite (yet) but here's hoping. I would very much like to contribute what I can to the community, especially on Eastern European topics.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA platinum, BA gold, Star Alliance silver, Lotusmiles silver, Carlson gold
introducing myself

After a decade of lurking, I'm out of the Flyertalk closet. I specialize in Vietnamese contemporary fine art, so for the last 20 years am a very frequent flyer between Asia, Europe and New York, averaging about 40 flights annually. Couldn't do it w/o biz tix! Fortunately my kids have settled along the flight plans, so we meet up reasonably often.
I've become quite expert at using points, Avios, etc to maximum benefit and still enjoy the flying. Scariest flights were vertical descent on Garuda Air to Surabaya (after a full lunch) and early Vietnam Air flights on Tupolevs, when braking required the pilot to open full throttle and the air vents spewed clouds of moisture into the cabin. Best flight memory is hitching a ride in the cockpit from Paris to Tunisia, back in the days when security was non-existent and I wore miniskirts.
I'm a big fan of BA - flights and lounges. Switched from Singapore Air to Thai and am now exploring other options. The personal space on Qatar Air is astounding.
Looking forward to meet Flyertalkers at the upcoming Wine Dinner in June!
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by YYCowboy
All my travels are 100% leisure and 90% solo, started flying in 1990 at the ripe ol' age of 6 and have been to all the continents except South America.
I'm curious how you made it to Antarctica without going through South America. Going through Australia or New Zealand is the long and tough way.

Good luck on your hockey arena quest. There will be a new one in Detroit next year. Go Wings!
Old Apr 16, 2016, 1:36 am

New member, career-hotel worker, PPL-holder, seasoned-traveller. Born in Australia, grew up in France and Switzerland, still working here now.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:13 pm

Hello!

Hello!

Long-time lurker here, first time poster... just thought I'd say hello!

Looking forward to getting stuck into some good nattering about everything above 10,000 feet
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Hola Cheesy friend (i guess this is a sign i need to get dinner even though midnight is less than an hour from now in Eastern Time)

Check out the helpful stickies in the Info Desk such as

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...faqs-more.html

&

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...ion-about.html

Also attending some of the DO's (aka A BIG TO DO!!!!!, aka meet ups) listed in the current section you posted in for networking opportunities.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:27 pm

Welcome cheesetoast !! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.