Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta Flying Colonel, Lifetime Silver Medallion, Million Miler
I was a Charter Member here when the place opened and can't recall if I ever posted on this thread. Then my excuse is I'm old.

I used to travel on business 22to25 times per year (mostly Delta) and a few times on leisure. Don't fly as often as I hate paying my own fare.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Executive
Hi folks,
I'm fiona, a proper Northern lass, living in Leeds in Yorkshire. I gave up on BA years ago when flybe took over their northern routes. But now they've started flying from Leeds, together with a bit of encouragement from my brother, who has been on the forum for a while now, I'm back on the points trail. So I'm a complete novice and keen to learn from all your collective wisdom. I love a bargain so I've booked a couple of trips based on tips on the forum. So thank you guys!
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:33 pm

I've been lurking around and posting randomly for 2 years now and happened across this section of the forums for the first time (I usually spend most of my time in the credit cards, manufactured spending, and points/miles forums). I thought it would be a great time to introduce myself....better late than never. I'm Patrick and I'm a Civil Engineer working in Roadway Design in Raleigh, NC. My travel is primarily personal but I hope to have the opportunity to travel for business at some point (although it is somewhat limited in my field). I stumbled onto this hobby right after college and haven't slowed down yet. This place is awesome!
Old Mar 26, 2015, 4:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by paliving
I've been lurking around and posting randomly for 2 years now and happened across this section of the forums for the first time (I usually spend most of my time in the credit cards, manufactured spending, and points/miles forums). I thought it would be a great time to introduce myself....better late than never. I'm Patrick and I'm a Civil Engineer working in Roadway Design in Raleigh, NC. My travel is primarily personal but I hope to have the opportunity to travel for business at some point (although it is somewhat limited in my field). I stumbled onto this hobby right after college and haven't slowed down yet. This place is awesome!
Always happy to meet a fellow resident of the Triangle! Thanks for introducing yourself.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:48 am

Yes you are right ! If we can elaborate ourselves it is good .
Old Mar 31, 2015, 5:59 pm

Hi! I'm a new member...and...yeah, hi!

I'm in YYC (Calgary!), Canada and I love to travel. Been browsing around a bit and I made an account now. So...hi!
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:12 am

Newbie here.

22 years old (almost 23...dang i'm old). Live in Phoenix AZ; been here my whole life. I enjoy hiking/trying to stay fit, riding my motorcyle when the weathers nice, and a good beer.

Hello all!
Old Apr 2, 2015, 3:26 pm

New here, so Hello?

I wasn't sure where to put a "greeting" post, so please move this if need be.
For the purpose of this forum, I am "Slap Happy".
As I just found you, I've got a lot of surfing and reading to do so .....
Thanks for being here and all the info I suspect I'll discover.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:48 pm

New member...1 day, 3 airports, 3500 miles later

Hi all, I was wondering if there was a place for other frequent flyers and here it is!

I fly every week around Europe due to work so thought I would say hello to some like - minded souls after a pretty busy week. I am based in the UK.

I was in Portugal for the week until yesterday evening then home, for a 4am start today, flight to Athens for a meeting, then a return flight via Frankfurt home. I reckon I'll get in around 1am. Not the best way to spend Good Friday! I have a few days off then away again next Wednesday.

Anyway hello from Europe and Happy Easter!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Welcome, and happy Easter to you.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
New member...1 day, 3 airports, 3500 miles later

Welcome to Fly Talk, I'm sure you'll find many interesting things here...Enjoy
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Welcome to all our newest members ^
Old Apr 11, 2015, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
Welcome to all our newest members ^
^ Welcome from me too. ^
Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:37 pm

Hi! I am a new member here, 26 years of age from Japan.

I love travelling, food, airlines and stuff. I usually travel alone but I am perfectly fine in travelling with friends as well.

Looking forward to meet people here and share ideas. Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to FT interacting but have followed the forums for over a year now.

DFW based 25 year old working in finance for a consulting firm (stationary job ). I've traveled quite a bit over the years (leisure mostly) but it's the biggest passion of mine. My spare time is comprised of geeking out over planes, places around the world, etc.... and hockey. I would love to get into the travel industry or just find a road-warrior job of sorts someday (cue people talking me out of that).

Y'all have been awesome so far and I thank you for the opportunity to be part of the community!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.