Reload this Page >

Who we all are

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2013, 3:48 pm

Hello all, I'm in my early 20's business traveler primarily, but I do try and sneak a few leisure trips in here and there. Based in Sunny San Diego.

I look forward to being a member of this community.

Combined across all the airlines and trips I've taken I have over 2mm
(My father jokes that I was issued 2 things at birth, my birth certificate and my AAdvantage number)

I'm proud of the fact that I made AA Plat in 2.25 months
Old Oct 26, 2013, 12:24 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by baobab
This may be a bit of an odd topic, but after reading various threads today, I respectfully ask some of our members to provide a little more information about themselves.

This is not a big-brotherish request - it's more that I am interested to see where people are/what they do/what activities thrill them, and some are very mysterious blanks...

Jim_B is somewhere in South America? auh2o has an interesting name, but what sort of mind comes up with that handle? pjaucutt provides all sorts of information, but seems to spend more time in Paris than at a university in Wisconsin, Jetdillo has a job which allows him the opportunity to critique BA's stewardesses outfits...

Many of the regular contributers change their profiles regularly (and perhaps those who don't should dust theirs off?) Mine may seem strange, but it is all true...
Old Oct 26, 2013, 12:31 pm

United /LX transfer between frequ.flyer accounts

dear friends, i travel the world for over 40 years and still have not had enough. And i am still learning everyday of new approaches and successes of your members. Currently i am looking for advice to either transfer some of my Lx points to my united account as benefits under united are much better..and maybe i then still use code sharing codes when flying Lx...am i dreaming? Orso
Old Oct 27, 2013, 2:10 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by orso
dear friends, i travel the world for over 40 years and still have not had enough. And i am still learning everyday of new approaches and successes of your members. Currently i am looking for advice to either transfer some of my Lx points to my united account as benefits under united are much better..and maybe i then still use code sharing codes when flying Lx...am i dreaming? Orso
Welcome to FT, orso!

I can move your question to the LX sub-forum but unfortunately it is not possible to transfer LX miles to your United account. However, you can collect United miles when flying on LX in future.

Depending on how many LX (strictly speaking Miles & More) miles you have, it might be possible to suggest the best way of using them. If you want to ask in more detail I suggest you post your question in the Miles & More forum.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, Global Entry
This is my first post and fly in and out LAS have been GM on DL for the last couple of years. Looking at making a MR to Jamaica to get to PM this year. Look forward to read new experiences and share my own.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:18 pm

My name is Lauren, I'm 29 on Friday and I live in Brisbane, Australia.

I currently am helping out the family cleaning business, who are contracted to clean emergency services stations and government offices in Brisbane.

I am a women's rugby player, I play openside flanker and travel overseas and around Australia a lot to watch the professional games and play as well. I also like vegan cooking and have my own blog and page for that, and am into fitness and photography.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, CX Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by NightHunter
Hello all, I'm in my early 20's business traveler primarily, but I do try and sneak a few leisure trips in here and there. Based in Sunny San Diego.

I look forward to being a member of this community.

Combined across all the airlines and trips I've taken I have over 2mm
(My father jokes that I was issued 2 things at birth, my birth certificate and my AAdvantage number)

I'm proud of the fact that I made AA Plat in 2.25 months
2mm already? Impressive! And welcome
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:04 pm

presenting.. me! purduephotog

Never having written an introduction before I feel compelled to do so tonight, on Halloween.

My name is Jason and I travel for work. Pretty much solidly United to AF sites and a few others, I go where asked to and try not to whine too much.

I have two munchkins, 3 and 5, I absolutely hate leaving behind, and an incredible wife that watches them and ours while I work wherever.

Chemist, chemical engineer, programmer and other areas ...

I'll try not to be annoying, but no guarantees.

Jason
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Welcome to FT, Jason.

Look forward to hearing from you. Make sure to check out the Travel Photography forum here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-photography-629/
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:04 pm

Hello everyone,

Was a lurker for a while (even after joining) but have kept a closer eye on the board lately and joined in to a few of the discussions. I don't like to put out a whole lot my personal info on a public forum, but:

I live in Ontario, Canada and work in broadcasting, mostly focused on sports but also have my hand in some other aspects of the industry (my username gives some of that away). I travel all over North America for work and pleasure. I'm not somebody who spends triple-digit nights a year in hotel rooms by any means - I may push 50 in a busy year. My work and personal travel takes me across North America at various times of the year, most flights originate at DTW.

If I have an opening in my schedule and find a good deal, I have no problem grabbing a last minute flight to go catch a sporting event. For example, one day in 2012, I drove to DTW, flew to DEN, rented a car, went to a ballgame, back to DEN, drop off the rental, flew back to DTW and then drove home.

Thank goodness there wasn't a bad flight delay or rainout!
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
I have been too busy on travel to post much lately. Just recaptured 1K status on UA, and Hilton Diamond for the first time. Hilton sent me a pack of playing cards. So far nothing from UA except the upgrade certs in my account. Have been keeping a close eye on the SFO National Car posts. That's an active location where they are frequently running out of cars. I will be back there next week.....
My biggest challenge of late on travel is to keep from gaining weight. The last week-long domestic trip I took on a "take no prisoners" attitude and did a long workout every morning and bought food at local supermarkets rather than relying exclusively on restaurants. Came back 1 lb lighter on the scale....
also fortunately I was not at LAX today where they had a shooting.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 6:22 am
Suspended

My information

My name is Melanio Talle,
Place: Phillipines
thank you for accepting me here in FlyerTalk..
Old Nov 3, 2013, 10:59 pm

Nice discussion on flying, I just want to say this right now
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:39 am

I live in Chicago with my 5 year old son and husband. I am the owner and operator of a commercial real estate firm. My hobby is collecting miles and points of which we've amassed 1.5 M since Feb of this year.

An interesting facts about me is that I hold citizenship and passports for 3 countries (very Jason Bourne!).

Our motto is "earn 'em and burn 'em". Burn 'em we have!

Washington DC May 2013
Yosemite Natl Park in June 2013
Florida to the Westin Diplomat at Christmas
Miami beach long weekend Jan 24, 2014
Naples,FL - Feb. 2014
Thailand in March 2014
Rocky Mountain Natl Park in June 2014
Italy - Corsica and Sardinia August 2014

Last edited by Cdnblue; Nov 15, 2013 at 9:12 am Reason: Removed Blog link which is a no-no for newbies
Old Nov 5, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: AA
My name is Carl and I help to build one of two types of aircraft (types according to a quote attributed to Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC). While I fly in airliners I love piloting smaller aircfaft. To fly in airliners more effectively, I am joining the ranks here. Lots to learn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.