Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
My Introduction

Welcome, I was also a newbie a couple of years ago and learnt a lot.

My suggestion is to start with the Milebuzz and Credit Forum ( Manufactured Spending ! ) read read read and then ask questions. You will find great people that are willing to answer your questions with the caveat that you should read at least a few pages to see how it is done ( some topics are quite long but there are lots of stickies)

Welcome and have a blast here!!!
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: Asia Miles, Delta SkyMiles, Avianca LifeMiles
Hey everyone,

Current Purdue student here studying Industrial Management-Operations/Supply Chain and minoring in Electrical and Computer Engineering.

I like to learn, travel, and meet other crazy travelers just like me.

Look forward to bumping into one of you in my travels!
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by boiler55
Hey everyone,

Current Purdue student here studying Industrial Management-Operations/Supply Chain and minoring in Electrical and Computer Engineering.

I like to learn, travel, and meet other crazy travelers just like me.

Look forward to bumping into one of you in my travels!
Welcome to FT. I'm an Aviation Management major at Westminster in SLC. I visited Purdue when looking at schools a couple of years ago, it's a very prestigious school (Also looked at Indiana State University and U of Illinois Urbana-Champaign on that trip.) But contrary to what the tour guide said, those aren't vents on top of some of the buildings -- they're tornado sirens

-J.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
Hi everyone, I've been lurking a while and posting from time-to-time in the past couple weeks, but have yet to formally introduce myself. My name is Adam, I live a bit North of Tampa FL, I'm 17, and I have just recently gotten more serious about maximizing the benefits from my travel (and just in time for my 18th birthday next week! Seriously, the first two things I am doing on my birthday are applying for a travel credit card and legally buying a pack of cigarettes).

I'm homeschooled and have been a somewhat frequent traveler for several years now. I mostly travel to compete in bridge tournaments, and I spent 15 weeks or so on the road last year. This year, I have numerous tournaments planned across the country, plus I am spending a week in Europe from the UA mistake fare and planning to go back in late May for another few weeks, and back once more to Istanbul in mid-August before starting college (likely at Stanford) next fall.

My hometown airport is TPA, and my airline of choice is Delta. I love ATL, but I know that is a mileage-running sin when my other options are DTW and MSP If I wind up in SFO though, I may have to consider switching.

I've been trying to find a decent FD for some JFK-MXP flights (departing late May and returning early July with a base fare of $91 and roughly $490 in fat), but as a newbie, the only thing I have managed to do is overload ITA's servers and chop off a laughable $5 from the YQ. Any tips to get me started would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to being a bit more active around here and maybe meeting a few other FTers. If only I didn't have a million ways to procrastinate already.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:38 pm

Hi all:

I'm an early 20s new college grad (Economics and Mathematics--Class of 2012) who's been lurking here for a bit. I'm traveling purely for leisure at this point, but I'm looking to get into a career field that provides for business travel opportunities. I'm young and single, might as well strike while the iron is hot! I've been working as a Strategy & Operations Consultant (with permanent assignment).

Any of you more experienced road warriors have any suggestions for sectors to look at? Sales is the obvious one. Feel free to drop me a PM with any hints about firms and such .
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
new to points collecting--somebody stop me!

Welcome to the asylum
Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:01 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Always enjoy coming on to FT but seem to have missed this thread!

I come from a BA family, my mum and dad have worked for them in the past, Grandad was a former pilot, lots of aunts and uncles over the years and currently an aunt and uncle still with BA with over 60 years + service between them so I like to fly BA where possible obviously

Unfortunately there’s no travel involved with my work but I still manage to get away 4/5 times a year with my girlfriend. November 2014 will be the start of a 9 month travelling trip to India, SE Asia, New Zealand etc!
Old Jan 25, 2014, 1:46 am

Thumbs up Back again

Hello Everyone

I am back to say I just join this forum and I am already learning a lot of different things you could do on this forum that I am happy to be part of.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:03 am

I'm a mom of 2 kids. Our family loves to travel and we're keen to stretch our travel dollars (travelling with kids is expensive). Now that they are a bit older, we can go to places further away and a little bit more exotic. Our next trip is Mexico in March. I'll be using this site extensively as we plan future trips. Very friendly environment.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 1:33 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
a Big Welcome to all the folks who have recently joined Flyertalk.

We hope you find this site very useful !
Old Jan 29, 2014, 5:29 am

new here

My name is Clara, l am new here just wanted to whisper HELLO WORLD .
Have a great day !
Old Jan 29, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: GlobalEntry, TSA Pre✓
Hey all!

Think I forgot to introduce myself here, so here goes!

Network Engineer based near LAX, 2013 was my first taste of airline "status" and the concept of actually earning miles. Thanks to some great work trips this has turned into a hobby I think I'll continue!

Having snagged a flight for my wife and I during the great Wideroe deal(mistake) I really have come to enjoy (depend on?) the forums here!

Here's to a great 2014 with hopefully lots more travel!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:35 pm
Krzysztof2

Hello! It's my first post in here. I'm originally from Poland but still look for my Itaka. Recently I've been to London for over six months. Now I'm back to my country and already miss travels and adventures. Hope to find like-minded people here.

Old Feb 5, 2014, 7:55 pm

San Diego FTers when's the next meetup?

Im new to FT. My boyfriend and I are planning a RTW trip in 2015. Would love to meet some fellow FTers in the area.

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Feb 5, 2014 at 8:38 pm Reason: removed bulk quote that wasn't relevant to post
Old Feb 7, 2014, 9:36 am

I've been here for a while but never saw this thread. I used to work for Hertz as a branch manager, worked ramp for Comair/Delta, and now I'm an en route air traffic controller in the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.