Who we all are

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Wow, been on the board for maybe 2 years, never knew this existed.

Hi, I'm Jen (duh). Leadership in a global consulting firm, based in Boston. I love travel, started traveling internationally in my mid-20s and have been to maybe 30 countries and most US states (all but 2 or 3, I think). I do it mostly for work (ugh) but do like to plan at least 1 fun vacay a year to a new destination. I also love scuba diving, swimming, cycling, skiing, car racing (me driving), singing, being on/near the water, and my dog.

Thanks to everyone who makes this a knowledgeable, diverse and welcoming community!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:56 am

greetings from california
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
baaack

Not sure where to post this, but here goes.
Have I really been absent for 3 years? Yes, since November 2016.
In 2014 I became disabled and my employer forced me into retirement. So much for 40-50 trips a year. Not to worry. The out-of-court settlement was a Good Thing.
And with physical therapy, a service dog, and Carmellimo.com I am able to do some traveling.
By running as much as possible through AA and Hilton credit cards, I still get lots of miles and points. Not to mention iDine and shopping portals.
Many thanks to Flyertalk and FreeFrequentFlyerMiles for educating me.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
Not the average airline employee

Most airline employees relish the idea of free travel and understandably so. I’ve been with my current airline since 2006 but I buy way more tickets than I should.

it probably started in my college years where I got hooked on miles. I could bank in six segment day trips under $150 with US Airways with mileage runs. I eventually became a Chairman’s Preferred member. After joining the airlines in 2004 I was a solid non revenue traveler. As I grew older I grew less patient. I like to know I’m getting where I’m getting. I’m currently United Gold Premier (not my employer) as well as a Marriott Bonvoy Titanium and Hilton Silver. I still travel for free when I know loads are wide open and I’m flexible.

Safe de travels to all, be well.
Timbo
not2017 and JessicaTam like this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Sky Miles
Hello, from inside DFW airport!
Dave
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:59 am

Greetings from a long-time lurker now account holder!
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:36 am

Hi all 👋

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but have been a long time reader and part of the community as well. I am both traveler and working in travel industry, I feel like it’s what I love to do and close to me.

Wishing the best for the community and everyone in it, let’s travel.
JessicaTam likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Bronze
Red face New Traveller

Hi everyone

Newbie traveller here! I am Lynsey and I'm a 31 year-old civil servant based in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. I suffer with anxiety and depression, and living in the UK at the moment is doing absolutely nothing to help with that. So I have decided that getting away for a while is probably the best way forward and will help to build my confidence. Starting in 2020, I have decided to begin a mission to fly to as many British Airways destinations as I can. I know, from reading this forum, a lot of people will be screaming 'DON'T DO IT WITH BA!' I am afraid to tell you that my mind is made up. I have developed brand loyalty to BA from the way they have handled issues relating to my disability (epilepsy) in the past and I feel confident and safe on their aircraft and with their team. Plus, Heathrow is the easiest airport to get to from work/home.

I have lurked on FlyerTalk for a while - some of the tips I have picked up have been absolutely phenomenal, so thank you to all of the dedicated members here. I am going to be watching the BA threads closely, to see if I can pick up tips on how to build status and spend Avios wisely. I hope to maybe cover my journey on a YouTube channel - used to do that in the past and enjoyed it. Not for money (no ambitions to be Sam Chui - I am too much of a critic for a start), just so I have a record and maybe to encourage others with anxiety and depression to just put themselves out there.

Hope to speak with some of you soon!

Lynsey
JessicaTam and tynmar like this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 5:59 pm

You're right....stand by for a bit o' BA bashing. Or maybe not. But best of luck on your travels.

There's a Facebook Group that fellow BA fans enjoy: The British Airways Fan Page. It has a few tips, but will also help reinforce your love of BA.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 2:35 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by navarcht
Welcome, I only just recently joined up as well.

I'm recently A* Gold, Marriott PP and relatively new to this and now based out of Qinhuangdao, Hebei. In fact I live next to the Shangri-La here so if you're out this way I know a good brew house around the corner and I'll buy the first pint.
No kidding. I randomly flew to Qinhuangdao earlier this year, and lament not having visited the beach library. Do you like living in that area?
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:36 pm

Hi everyone, My name is Thomas, if you are interested in going to Russia I could tell you different useful things. I used to be a guest teacher in a summer camp for kids in Siberia. There were several teachers from different countries. Great experience!
So, I've been to Moscow, Saint-Petersburg, Novosibirsk, Tomsk. If you want to know anything, ask here or send DM
Old Jan 17, 2020, 5:12 am

Programs: Amazon
I am a photographer and I love to travel places.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 5:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
I'm someone who's long felt like "real life" is what happens when I'm traveling, and the day-to-day regular 9-to-5 schedules that happen in between are just waiting and planning periods before my next trip.

I often evaluate new places to visit largely based on how good the hiking is there.

I'm comfortable with a wide range of travel, from FC flights/5-star resorts to long hard-seat train cars/run-down hotels and lots in between. In fact, I like to mix it up. I feel like I get to see more of the world and meet more of its people this way.

Last edited by Ford Fairlane; Mar 31, 2020 at 1:28 pm Reason: TMI in my original post
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:44 pm

I am an educator and love traveling and learning about new cultures.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Silver
I'm one of those "long-time listener, first-time caller" folks. I think I've been lurking on FlyerTalk for at least five years, but have finally got around to making a login. FT has been extremely helpful to me in the past, and while I can hardly claim to travel anywhere near as much as most of the members here, I get in a few miles here and there, and it'll be nice to actually talk to you all rather than nod and agree in the privacy of my own room
pudgym29, kimikoftokyo and Calchas like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.