Who we all are

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:39 pm

Quick intro here:

55yo semi-retired Canada Post technician currently living in the Bay Area, NoCal.

Make regular trips back to Ontario, Canada to visit my two boys and my two granddaughters.

I just came across the forum while searching for an answer to a question I have re: Air Canada, so I'll head on over to the appropriate forum and post my poser.

Old Apr 28, 2012, 6:32 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat 5.6 mil (lifetime Plat if i wanted it!), Hyatt GP Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
make time for flyer talk amidst the endless travel

hello,
i am a 37 year AA veteran, 5.6 mil miles, execplat, tri-continent traveler (NA-AS-EU)
just read an article in the NY Times about freq flyers having a seat at the merger takeover table,
struck me that i have been loyal forever to one company and am totally clueless about my future there or if my 37 years of loyalty will mean a thing when all the dust is settled.
made me worried, or is that sad, or is that frustrated or just plain angry.
talk to me and tell me i am not alone in feeling so frustrated

execplat 5.5
Old Apr 30, 2012, 6:10 am

Originally from Illinois.. lived in Texas awhile. Now just traveling and landing wherever the wind takes me =)

I travel domestically for work - I'm a web designer/programmer/consultant
I also travel domestically and internationally for fun! Been going around the US in my car for awhile now.

I stay in hotels, hostels, couchsurf, airbnb... anything from Motel 6 in the middle of nowhere to on a dorm room floor to the Marriott Marquis in Midtown NYC.
Old May 3, 2012, 3:49 am

cyesq

Hi am cy, a lawyer (esq) with a large intl engineering consulting firm, living in Abu Dhabi for the last 4 years. Before coming here, I was in the NY/Conn area for the about 20 years but originally from Phx. Have mostly just enjoyed the FT newsletters but decided to become more active. Was on another travel forum for the last couple of years but after being insulted one too many times, I packed my bags and quietly left. This forum seems decidedly more civil and I thank you all for that.

Obviously my travel is intl but I try to get back to the states once or twice a year to see family. Other personal travel is to Europe and I generally use AF, KLM, Delta, Etihad, Luft and BA.

Earlier in the week I got some excellent advice about my connecting flight at LHR from AlanR and Aviatrix and I can't thank them enough. Looking forward to being an active poster.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: MR (so far)
Newbie: Be Gentle!

I'm 39 but still feel 27, working at a job I love in DC and finally able to travel more often, which is exactly what I plan to do!

It used to be I rarely traveled and so rarely had a reason to think about points. Now, of course, I'm eager to maximize points I do have and try to figure out a coherent strategy. I'm looking up the Points Guy and The Gate and trying to figure out what to do on the forums here, and... I'm stumped. I'm picking up smatterings here and there but I don't feel like I know how to find what I need to know, or how to find OUT what I need to know, in any sort of systematized way.

So obviously, I'm close to both Dulles and National (never call it "Reagan" or they'll spot you for a tourist!), and I take Amtrak occasionally to NYC or Boston. I take one or two cruises a year, and one or two long non-cruise vacations, as well as a smattering of long weekends visiting friends elsewhere. I don't have any business travel.

I have both an Amex Platinum (yay benefits!) and an Amex Preferred Gold (yay points!), and just found out through this forum about Rewards Network which I'll sign up for as soon as I can figure out what would be the best miles program to link it to. I also have a CUrewards card that doesn't seem to get much talk on here, but I have no problems ditching it for something else.

Is it weird that I'm looking forward to my first mileage run?
Old May 4, 2012, 8:26 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by virgosvirgo
not at all !!
Old May 4, 2012, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by virgosvirgo
Nope. (They get old after a while. When I was 18 and got my first license in HKG I was excited to drive, until I came to Canada and realized I had to learn how to do the same things on the other side of the road. And MRs get very old especially if you do several in a month.)
Old May 4, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: SPG Plat(lifetime gold), Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Hi Everyone!

Just a little bit about myself ...

I have been reading Flyertalk for about six months now. Can't tell you how much I've gained from these forums.
I work for an airline. I love to travel, currently travel about twice a month. The only thing I love more than travel, is finding a great deal!!
Old May 4, 2012, 8:10 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LifeinTravel
The only thing I love more than travel, is finding a great deal!!
Welcome, make sure you check out the mileage run deal forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/
Old May 5, 2012, 1:03 pm

[My Blog] The Flying Viking

Hello FlyerTalk friends,

My name is Victor Pedersén, 19 years old from Stockholm (the capital of Sweden) and I joined FlyerTalk a few minutes ago. I look forward to be a part of this forum.

Kind Regards
Victor

Last edited by Cholula; May 12, 2012 at 10:17 am Reason: Removed mention of blog
Old May 6, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: FB, MM, Mariott, Hertz
hey

Greetings from Slovenia/Europe.

I am reading the forum for few months now and I finally decided to register.
I deal with Finances and my usual flights are:
LJU-(VIE/FRA/PRG)-LCA -> depends on price
LJU-CDG-PDX-LAX-CDG-LAX
Old May 6, 2012, 3:14 pm
Community Director Emerita

Hi Victor, and welcome to FlyerTalk. We're pleased to have you here. I'll move your post along to the community forum where we greet new members. The Travel Tool forum is for the tools we use to track our travels.

Best,
Carol
Community Director
Old May 9, 2012, 7:07 am
Suspended

Ladies & Gentlemen.

Thanks for your input, it was very entertaining to look through 165 pages, sometimes couldn't stop laughing.

You can call me Max, 26, European, my main routes are all EK302J/EK303J/EK304J/EK305J/EK306J/EK307J and everything after Dubai stop-over depends very much on where it takes me to.

Keep posting ladies & gents,
Max
Old May 9, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Greetings Everyone!

Hello All!

I have been a dedicated FT'er for almost 7 years, and didn't find this thread till now!

I am 34 years old, live and work in the SF Bay area in the field of IT outsourcing. Married with a precocious 3 year old daughter who loves transpac flights more than me! Long time SQ flyer and still think SQ is one of the best ways to fly! I travel to Asia quite frequently for work.

Interests include : civil aviation (duh!), travelling, cooking and Scrabble!
Old May 13, 2012, 9:21 am

Smile Hello

I am Ashley Lenhart, I am a blogger and I do love to Travel. Ireland is my favorite thus far.

Last edited by Cholula; May 13, 2012 at 9:42 am Reason: Removed link to Blog

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.