Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:40 am

Package received

A book sized box from Amazon arrived for me that I think is a Secret Santa gift. It was turned over to my household Gift Guard to be opened on Christmas. So if it was from my Secret Santa, thank you and pictures to follow.

Update: a package from Snapfish just arrived. Again, the household Gift Guard has taken it into custody until Christmas.

Last edited by CDTraveler; Dec 15, 2015 at 1:43 pm
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
I received a couple items from my Amazon Wish List today. I don't know if they're from the same SS, or from two different ones.

- Under Armour outdoor hood. This came with a note indicating there would be a couple additional items coming up.

Thanks, SS, for this. I won't use it for night cycling , though, but for another hobby. I've been doing quite a bit of night photography lately, and winters in Iowa tend to be cold.

- SD card reader for USB C

Thanks, SS. It goes for the same hobby. I do editing on my MacBook, and I've had to carry my camera cord everywhere. Now I don't have to

And, since I mentioned my hobby. I'll be able to take more pics like this one.
Storm Lake, IA by David Esquiliano, on Flickr
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:26 pm

Just received a gift from my second secret santa, from Texas - an Amazon gift card. He signed with his real name but not his FT handle, so I'm not sure who to thank personally.

But thank you very much for the generous gift! I appreciate it and will put it to good use. And yes, I'd love to try your local jerky sometime. Maybe we could do a food swap. Crabcakes don't ship well, but Marylanders/Washingtonians (DCers?) have some other tasty, ship-able local things to our names (Flying Dog beer, Old Bay seasoning, yummy chocolate...)
Old Dec 15, 2015, 1:55 pm

I think those are both from me As well as the one you already opened! I think there's a slip in the unopened box from Amazon!

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
A book sized box from Amazon arrived for me that I think is a Secret Santa gift. It was turned over to my household Gift Guard to be opened on Christmas. So if it was from my Secret Santa, thank you and pictures to follow.

Update: a package from Snapfish just arrived. Again, the household Gift Guard has taken it into custody until Christmas.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
I received a pkg from an FTSS in Fairfax, VA. It came wrapped in two Kohl's envelopes, wrong side out, which happened to be a very festive silver, something I enjoyed seeing in my mail, and it had no less than 8 festive 37 cent xmas stamps on it with no postmark over them. Was it hand delivered to my CA address, only pretending to be from VA? Does the post office not postmark anymore? And the big question, fingers crossed, can I re-use them???

I received a very pretty Croft & Barrow nightgown, absolutely love the color, robin's egg blue, the print, little pineapples, the material, lightweight 100% cotton, all good except the length. In my wish list, I wasn't kidding about not being able to wear short ones and sure enough with my long, weird body, this very short gown is a bit too revealing if I am doing anything but standing still, so some lucky short friend will get it, no problem

I can't wait to see the next one! Given the value of the item compared to the $50 minimum, and that it came to me wrapped in two different envelopes with tracking numbers that revealed the two envs were delivered from Kohls to my supposed SS (name and address are safe with me #blackingoutdoesn'twork) the same day, Dec 3, but separately, I am thinking this first Santa delivery was a naughty tease, which I have done myself in the past (bwhaaaahaha), and am looking forward to receiving what was in that other Kohl's pkg! Thanks, Santa!
Old Dec 15, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, Avis Prefered
Compubit Santa delivered!

I was expecting a delivery today from UPS that is a present for my wife. So I was expecting the doorbell to ring. But when I opened the door and found three boxes I was excited. Compubit sent me a wonderful letter, along with three kinds of candy, two from the US and one from Germany, and I love Ginger, lemon, and peppermint!!! So far I have tried the ginger/lemon gummy candy and they are great.
I also received a portable charger for my electronics, this is always good to have. A set of whiskey stones in place of actual whiskey, stupid Pennsylvania LCB... which I will happily use with the whiskey purchased from my local state store. A Goodnight Brew book and a poster of the Periodic Table of Beer that will be framed and hung in the man cave!
Finally he sent a pocket book about Italy to help during our trip next year and 5 Euros in coin to use when I land in Italy next May, along with some great tips. Thank you so much, great selection!
And, in case there was any question, I am from the Kipper school of gift receiving, open as soon as they arrive!!

Last edited by PSUPaul; Dec 15, 2015 at 2:35 pm
Old Dec 15, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
Ok, so after my post above, it occurred to me to check into the Tate's cookies I ordered online for myself and others, just to see how they were doing as they were not due to be delivered to all 15 dif addressees until Friday. Maybe some had already arrived and wouldn't that be cool I thought as I was pulled away from the computer after 10 min by the Fed Ex man. Was it another silver pkg from my SS?? Like just after posting about it? No, but it was for me nonetheless, yippee!

The box was from igourmet.com and inside was the three bags of Tate's cookies just like I had ordered for myself ... but when did Tate's start using igourmet to ship their cookies, and these don't have nuts ... So I checked the packing list to quell my confusion and that's when I saw that it said Happy Holidays from Flyertalk Secret Santa! It WAS the second gift from my SS!! Wow! Now maybe my family can have some cookies too, usually they are just too dear to me to share, ha ha! Thank you soooo much DA from VA or whoever you are, I really enjoyed receiving the gifts

Last edited by lisamcgu; Dec 15, 2015 at 3:00 pm
Old Dec 15, 2015, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Just got a UPS box from a Kim B in California. The packages are under the tree and I'm hoping to hold opening until Christmas.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:02 pm

You're welcome Tokyo Foodie!

Originally Posted by TokyoFoodie
Hello my Secret Santa,

Thank you very much for the gifts. They are much appreciated and I am glad that you had fun shopping and shipping in San Francisco. :-).

TokyoFoodie

https://www.instagram.com/p/_S1trJGg...n-by=nicsfinds
So glad you liked them. I had a lot of fun learning about birding! And I use the odd size measuring cups all the time.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:45 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Tech Geek meets Avgeek

I received a very cool PiAware kit from my first Secret Santa (aka thehowieee) to build my own ADS B receiver and to bring out my full avgeek.

(more info here: http://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/build)

I would have never thought of buying/asking for this, which is the really fun part of the Secret Santa!

Old Dec 16, 2015, 2:46 am

Programs: Miles&More
I couldn't hold it anymore and had to open my package from abroad yesterday. A big thank you to my Secret Santa from France --> I've fallen in love with french food years ago with my guest family so thats a really great gift. The placemats look amazing in comparison to our old ones but we are not allowed to use them as my daugther misunderstood them and for the next days they are used as blankets for her dolls

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Dec 16, 2015 at 5:45 am Reason: Resized image
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:15 am

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
Gifts from Maine

Thanks!

Got three new coffees to try out...blueberry jam which my son will destroy in 1 week...and the Aero Press which we were researching just a few weeks ago!

Great gifts!

-singtx

[img]your URL here[/img]

Last edited by singtx; Dec 18, 2015 at 3:37 am
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
I have received and opened my last two Secret Santa presents and I love them both.

Santa Lisa went to one of Colicchio's restaurants and bought these two bottles of wine for me. Thank You so much. I will be saving these to enjoy during Christmas with hubby. Ok, maybe I shared the dessert wine with good relatives, not the bad ones!

And then I received this in the mail! I can't wait to make a lot of these recipes and use the spices and oils. This is perfect since our next big trip is already planned and it just happens to be to Rome and Tuscany! Santa must have been reading my mind.

Thank You to all my Santas. May your Santas be as good to you.
Merry Christmas
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:38 pm
Used to be diaworld

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Dontcareist,
Smile

Since I'm already busted , just a quick note to let you know the last three three items are on the way from Amazon. Happy Holidays!
Originally Posted by lisamcgu
Ok, so after my post above, it occurred to me to check into the Tate's cookies I ordered online for myself and others, just to see how they were doing as they were not due to be delivered to all 15 dif addressees until Friday. Maybe some had already arrived and wouldn't that be cool I thought as I was pulled away from the computer after 10 min by the Fed Ex man. Was it another silver pkg from my SS?? Like just after posting about it? No, but it was for me nonetheless, yippee!

The box was from igourmet.com and inside was the three bags of Tate's cookies just like I had ordered for myself ... but when did Tate's start using igourmet to ship their cookies, and these don't have nuts ... So I checked the packing list to quell my confusion and that's when I saw that it said Happy Holidays from Flyertalk Secret Santa! It WAS the second gift from my SS!! Wow! Now maybe my family can have some cookies too, usually they are just too dear to me to share, ha ha! Thank you soooo much DA from VA or whoever you are, I really enjoyed receiving the gifts
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:44 pm
Used to be diaworld

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Dontcareist,
Just got a treat in my inbox from Secret Santa Erik: a Starbucks Reserve subscription. For 3 months I'll get the best of their best.

A gift that I'd covet but would never buy for myself is a total home run. Thanks so much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.