Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:26 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Happy Post Christmas!

Head Santa hopes everyone had a wonderful holiday!

I want to apologize to any of you who have yet to receive your gifts. Do know that I have done all I can to try and get people to send gifts as promised (and I am choosing to NOT respond privately to the note blaming me for someone not sending a gift! But, do know that you will not be allowed to participate next year!)

I also sent out a note to many of you (Many more than I wish) asking for you to update me on what you received.... too many holes in my spreadsheet for my liking.

I would appreciate any private feedback on what more I can do to get you all to respond to me.... I see some of you post publicly about what you got.... but will not message me... thus causing me more work. I wish you knew the countless hours I spend on this project each year.... I no longer personally exchange any gifts.... because my time is spent making sure all of you have a positive experience.

Sorry for the rant.... just reading a certain private message this morning put me over the edge!
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Wharvey, thank you for all the work that you do! As an expat living far away from the rest of the family, most of the giving and receiving I do is with the FlyerTalk Secret Santa. Which is why it is so much fun waiting til Christmas morning to open up the gifts!

Unfortunately, coordinating with so many people and with so many potential challenges (shipping delays, etc), it is nearly impossible to achieve perfection, but your patience and effort in pursuing it is very much appreciated! Even if not everything works out!

Thanks again
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by wharvey
Happy Post Christmas!

I want to apologize to any of you who have yet to receive your gifts. Do know that I have done all I can to try and get people to send gifts as promised (and I am choosing to NOT respond privately to the note blaming me for someone not sending a gift! But, do know that you will not be allowed to participate next year!)

I also sent out a note to many of you (Many more than I wish) asking for you to update me on what you received.... too many holes in my spreadsheet for my liking.

I would appreciate any private feedback on what more I can do to get you all to respond to me.... I see some of you post publicly about what you got.... but will not message me... thus causing me more work. I wish you knew the countless hours I spend on this project each year.... I no longer personally exchange any gifts.... because my time is spent making sure all of you have a positive experience.

Sorry for the rant.... just reading a certain private message this morning put me over the edge!
Thank you for doing this every year! I think I updated you on everything sent and received on my end.

I will add some advice. This was my first year shipping things to another country. If you receive an assignment for someone in another country, ship very early. I feel bad, because life got a little complicated for me, delaying the ordering and/or shipment of things, and I know my recipients' presents are on the way, but who'd have thought that customs would be busy at this time of year? I know wharvey always says to ship early, but in case you're like me and figure you can wait a bit longer, don't!
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: ??????????
Happy Post Christmas!

Is there anyway the folks that run FT could build you a form for people to submit to keep track of everything ... which would let you know what they've received and also post it in the thread? Perhaps the same for people when they ship? I dunno if this is possible.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:38 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
You do realize that we have a crappy search tool and no CHAT tool..... and we have been asking for years.

All I need is for people to submit info to me as request and things run smoothly.

Originally Posted by thehowieee
Is there anyway the folks that run FT could build you a form for people to submit to keep track of everything ... which would let you know what they've received and also post it in the thread? Perhaps the same for people when they ship? I dunno if this is possible.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: ??????????
You do realize that we have a crappy search tool and no CHAT tool..... and we have been asking for years.

All I need is for people to submit info to me as request and things run smoothly.
LOL ... so you want me to build you a google doc database?

I understand
Old Dec 28, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: Too many

Wharvey or should I say Saint Santa, you always go over and beyond and it's much appreciated. My fav part of FT by far.
I'd suggest some sort of google docs form too, that way it goes straight into a spreadsheet. I'd almost go so far as suggesting to have a cc on file in case of naughty people too.
I think a rule on past participants if they've been good and followed all instructions then they are automatically approved, new sign ups need to go through more and in fact very new FT members should not be allowed as I think you have more problems with them?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Jinxy
Wharvey or should I say Saint Santa, you always go over and beyond and it's much appreciated. My fav part of FT by far.
I'd suggest some sort of google docs form too, that way it goes straight into a spreadsheet. I'd almost go so far as suggesting to have a cc on file in case of naughty people too.
I think a rule on past participants if they've been good and followed all instructions then they are automatically approved, new sign ups need to go through more and in fact very new FT members should not be allowed as I think you have more problems with them?
If memory serves, there can be a lurker that hasn't signed up, but has been "around " for a while, and their start date wouldn't match their sign up date.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Apologies for the delayed picture posting but received this AWESOME gift from my secret santa. Beautiful Pan Am Innovator bag

Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:51 pm

For my part I am most grateful for the hard work put in by Head Santa, the Elves, and designate Santas. For the delinquent Santas, I hope that it's mostly unforeseen circumstances that have messed things up and that the truly Bad Santas are few and far between.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: AC 25k
Thank you Santa and the Elves!
The work you put in is greatly appreciated, this has been a great experience for me and I'm looking forward to participating next year!

Maybe some IT savvy FTers could help Santa wharvey with some better tools for next year, Google Docs Forms and such?
Old Dec 29, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Thank you Wharvey for a great, fun experience!
Old Dec 29, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Thank you again! This is such a fun annual tradition and I can't believe anyone could criticise you for your efforts!
Old Dec 29, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: Worldperks Silver, Dividend Miles Silver, Rapid Rewards
Secret Santa

Thanks BunE for this awesome travel accessory set! Christmas Day delivery! Pretty sweet.

Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:54 am

Yay so glad you liked your gifts! I'm your secret santa 🎅. And do let me know if you're ever in Singapore or need help convincing the family to move we got here three years ago and love it. It's a great place for families especially!

Originally Posted by RockinRon
Many thanks to my secret Santa in Singapore! I opened my gifts this morning and really appreciated them all. The nice notes on each gift was a special touch and ironically I have an opportunity to move to Singapore, but my family is not open to it at all. I will have to be content with visiting whenever I can.

The day pack and hammock will get good use, and the Starbucks Via, luggage tag and Changi pin are also great touches. I am ready to go on a trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.