Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2015, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by FlyingCow
Now that I have already informed Santa Boss (a.k.a. wharvey) I can confirm shipment of all my gifts to their respective Santees, all of them in the US.

I have also received two postcards from one of my Secret Santas, who seems to be on the road; one from San Francisco and another one from London, incidentally, sent just before I travelled there for a course last week.
Originally Posted by Jinxy
We have at least one of the same Santa as I got postcards from San Fran and London too!!!!
We all have the same Santa, as I too received postcards from there!

Today, I received a box from the same Santa, and even though I know who it is (said FTer was my Santa years ago), I won't name Santa, as they'll read this and know how much we love the presents!

This Santa sent the pups 4 different coats, along with a large bag of Rocco and Roxie's jerky treats. Generalissimo Geno was licking the outside of the package, as they apparently smelled that tasty. Once I did give each of the three pups one, after they ate them, Geno apparently thought Schultz still had his piece, and tried to steal it.

Santa also sent three different Windsor and Eton beers, and I am definitely looking forward to trying them. I am assuming these were carried back from London?

Then, there were two boxes labeled for both Mr. and Mrs. Kipper. In the box Mr. Kipper opened, there were two New Belgium goblets, securely packed and received in great condition. So excited to use them, and happened to pick up some New Belgium last week!

In the second box, there were two wrapped packages, one labeled for Mr. Kipper, one labeled for me. Inside were two tactical stockings! We love them! Mr. Kipper is taking his into work and hanging it up at work.

Thank you, Santa!!!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
thank you to my amazing secret santa this year! I have been doing this for years and I am in shocked and so excited for this gift of a set of new golf clubs from Callaway.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: Too many
Originally Posted by ckidder331
thank you to my amazing secret santa this year! I have been doing this for years and I am in shocked and so excited for this gift of a set of new golf clubs from Callaway.
BRILLIANT!!!!! What a gift!
Old Dec 10, 2015, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by WIRunner
I wonder if I can find a place that sells raktajino.
Is your replicator broken or something?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:13 am

Wow, did they misread the instructions! Remarkably generous.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:59 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Nothing in the instructions prohibits such a gift.....

Originally Posted by danam
Wow, did they misread the instructions! Remarkably generous.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:01 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Chief Santa just sent out notices to many of you.... I am a bit concerned about the number of you who have not confirmed shipping as of today. Much worse than in past years at this time.

Please do what you can to get your gifts shipped in time for Christmas arrival!
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
Very True! I am so happy and feel very blessed. I actually play golf and just started it up again so these clubs are gonna be awesome!

Merry Christmas to all!!

Originally Posted by wharvey
Nothing in the instructions prohibits such a gift.....
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet Rewards
Originally Posted by Fragola
The office was just about to close the doors for the day and a box from Amazon came. A very light, long box. At first my staff thought it was a delivery of fluorescent light bulbs! Then of course they all wanted to know what was inside.

It turned out to be a large blue velvet bag and bow, and a laminated world map inside along with a card from an unknown Secret Santa. The card inside says it`s only part of the shipment so I'm curious to find out what the rest of the gift is. Pictures will be posted when I get everything together.
Got a PM that the rest of my gift was expected by Friday but I received it a day early. Part 2 came today: A whole pile of books, mostly from my wish list about macarons, travelling, writing, essential oils and organizing your worldly possessions.

Can't wait to start going through the books, especially the macarons book. It has been a while since the last batch I've made . The laminated map will come in handy when I get it mounted and start adding Post-It notes all over the place.

Thank you UNKNOWN Secret Santa. Won't you reveal yourself so I can thank you properly?

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Dec 11, 2015 at 12:44 pm Reason: Resized and fixed image link
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:18 am
Formerly known as kmht

Programs: Alcoholics Anonymous
Originally Posted by Fragola
Got a PM that the rest of my gift was expected by Friday but I received it a day early. Part 2 came today: A whole pile of books, mostly from my wish list about macarons, travelling, writing, essential oils and organizing your worldly possessions.

Can't wait to start going through the books, especially the macarons book. It has been a while since the last batch I've made . The laminated map will come in handy when I get it mounted and start adding Post-It notes all over the place.

Thank you UNKNOWN Secret Santa. Won't you reveal yourself so I can thank you properly?

I'm happy you like your gifts.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Dec 11, 2015 at 12:45 pm Reason: Resized and fixed image link
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Finally! Something to hit all of those golf balls you got last year!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 9:19 am

Received my first gift last night - a beautiful book using photos to illustrate the history and development of Chicago over the past century and a generous Amazon gift card. Thanks very much for the thoughtful card and gifts and for sharing a piece of your city, SteveHK!

Having the chance to learn a little bit about an unfamiliar place and getting a fleeting glimpse into life there is really rewarding to me. That sense of wide-eyed exploration is what primarily fascinates me about traveling and it's great to have the opportunity to experience a bit of that via Secret Santa. So thanks again, SteveHK, and thanks of course to wharvey for organizing this each year.

Old Dec 11, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: Miles&More
Shipped today my second but last gift and was very pleased with the shopping.

As it was my first year it was a bit hard but i hope my assigned persons can use everything.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:09 pm

Received my awesome gifts that will allow me to keep my beverages cold and my hands warm. Many thanks to my Secret Santa!

Old Dec 11, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
I didn't get round to posting this earlier-- but thanks to one of my two secret santa's for the wonderful gifts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.