Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Fragola
A small box of goodies came into the office today. Inside was a cute little jar cake in double chocolate flavour, 3-D table tiles, a.k.a. coasters I can play with, a package of highly coveted Michel Cluizel single origin dark chocolate squares (so difficult to buy at home!), a retro Christmas postcard and a lovely handwritten note on Fairmont Chateau Laurier stationery explaining that one item is still to come, shipping directly from retailer to me.

Thanks Thorpeflyer!

Looking forward to receiving the last piece but I'll be sad when this is all over. This gift is from my last Secret Santa.

Yay! Great news. The last gift is coming from Vancouver, and I'm quite sure you will like it, but the small business I ordered from is a bit overtaxed this holiday season. Look out for one item tomorrow. Joyeuses fêtes from Ottawa!

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Dec 17, 2015 at 5:25 pm Reason: Resized image and fixed link in quoted post
Old Dec 17, 2015, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by thorpeflyer
This came today--wrapped too to really get me in the holiday spirit! Curious though I may be, I'm going to leave these treats wrapped until closer to Christmas day. (Not sure I can wait three weeks!)
Let's see how long you last-I can promise that there is nothing perishable in there
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:17 pm

Got my gift

Thanks to my santa...two wonderful books that are perfect, and a Hilton GC that will come in very handy! My girls already started looking at the London book, excellent choices!

Thanks again!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:38 pm

Oh good! Glad that everything made it. Hopefully your kids enjoy the London book and that you can enjoy a treat at your next Hilton stay!

Happy holidays!

Originally Posted by taseas

Thanks to my santa...two wonderful books that are perfect, and a Hilton GC that will come in very handy! My girls already started looking at the London book, excellent choices!

Thanks again!
Old Dec 18, 2015, 7:50 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Received my third gift today - all the way from France (unsure who it was, but thank you very much all the same!).

Very nicely wrapped as well!

And inside was a selection of caffeine free teas (Someone read my notes!), Some Ice Moulds, a Wine Holder, and some candles. Thank you!!!

Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by rxfleming
Received my third gift today - all the way from France (unsure who it was, but thank you very much all the same!).

Very nicely wrapped as well!

And inside was a selection of caffeine free teas (Someone read my notes!), Some Ice Moulds, a Wine Holder, and some candles. Thank you!!!

ooo, Mariage Frères. My favourite tea shop in Paris. Lucky you Their Earl Grey tea biscuits are to die for
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
I've been delinquent in posting the gift I received earlier this week from Ottawa. It contained fancy pants vacuum wine corks, and a bottle of Chinese wine (Red, of course), some airline tchotchkes, and a single yuan, which is a start. I need to renew my passport in 2016, and will finally go through the hassle of getting a Chinese visa, as HU has been price warring with DL on PEK and PVG flights. No photo, but graciasness to thorpeflyer!
Old Dec 18, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: American Airlines
I received my 5th Secret Santa gift yesterday - a Cleveland Browns travel pillow, Cleveland Browns travel alarm clock, and Beats headphones! A great gift, and certainly an upgrade from my old headphones! I've always wanted to upgrade my headphones but never bothered to splurge on myself for them. It is an anonymous gift from a Secret Santa in Denver, CO.

The only thing I'm missing are the 2nd and 3rd parts of my second gift...the Amazon gift receipt in the first package said there were two more gifts to come. I can't wait to see what they are.

All in all, I'd call my second year in the FT Secret Santa a success! Thanks to everyone for making it so enjoyable -- especially to wharvey for all he does!
Old Dec 18, 2015, 9:33 am

Programs: AA, Amex, HH, MP
Wanted to let everyone I got my 2nd Gift Box in the mail. Big Thank you to Ratzky(Ratcky)...not sure on the z or c, from Saugus, CA! However I cannot upload any pics as my wife got ahold of the package, wrapped it and put it under our xmas tree "From: Secret Santa!" Told me I had to wait to open it on xmas!!!!!

Again thanks and I have no doubt the gift/gifts will be perfect! This has been such a pleasure to do I hope to do this again next. And to everyone here, you all have a Merry Xmas and be safe!
Old Dec 18, 2015, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
To my second secret santa, due to a sudden extra trip, I will be away from home a little earlier than planned. The box is being shipped to the office, so it will be received and waiting for me when I get home again, and the office reopens in Jan. So not to worry that the shipment is lost when I don't write here for a little while.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Originally Posted by lisamcgu

I received a very pretty Croft & Barrow nightgown, absolutely love the color, robin's egg blue, the print, little pineapples, the material, lightweight 100% cotton, all good except the length. In my wish list, I wasn't kidding about not being able to wear short ones and sure enough with my long, weird body, this very short gown is a bit too revealing if I am doing anything but standing still, so some lucky short friend will get it, no problem
Dearest Lisa, The Headelf hasn't seen you in a while. Feel free to post a picture of you modeling your outfit. If you feel it's not suitable for Flyertalk, you can e mail it to me instead.

HE53
Old Dec 18, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: QF Gold, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Got my gift a couple of days ago from my Ohio Secret Santa

Thank you very much to my mystery santa from Ohio! I saw your request to save until the 25th, but I'm in NYC this weekend and then turning around and heading to Europe.

They generously included:
  • An A380 model plane
  • Emergency Rip Cord key ring
  • Some local wine
  • Candle from Australia
  • Some buckeyes from a local town

Very excited by everything and enjoyed the whole secret santa experience!

-380fanatic

Last edited by 380fanatic; Dec 22, 2015 at 7:05 am
Old Dec 18, 2015, 1:16 pm

Just got my first Secret Santa of the year, all the way from Toledo, OH.

A lot of airplane-related toys for my daughter and some cool books. She's already playing with them. There was also some hot chocolate and some good food from Ohio!

Thanks!

Old Dec 18, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet Rewards
Originally Posted by thorpeflyer
Yay! Great news. The last gift is coming from Vancouver, and I'm quite sure you will like it, but the small business I ordered from is a bit overtaxed this holiday season. Look out for one item tomorrow. Joyeuses fêtes from Ottawa!
Yay! Got it just before lunch. It's two gifts in one, really, local raw honey infused with organic fair trade vanilla. I will need to find a good dessert pairing with this.

Thanks again Thorpeflyer for your great gift selection skills!

Old Dec 18, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by gsch
Just got my first Secret Santa of the year, all the way from Toledo, OH.

A lot of airplane-related toys for my daughter and some cool books. She's already playing with them. There was also some hot chocolate and some good food from Ohio!

Thanks!

Glad you like them I love the meltaway mints.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.