Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Most of my gifts have arrived, and I am holding off until Christmas. However, I did open one gift early. Big thanks to my Santa from Canada, I am looking forward to serving one of the salmon's over the holidays!

Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
A thoughtful gift of two of my favourite things--Filson products and tiny soaps! Thanks, acendahole! I'll be taking these with me on the road this week.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:52 am

Glad you like and great photo. I have the same UA balaclava and love it. In addition to those two items there's something else coming separately straight from NYC - let me know when it arrives as I realized after mailing that there's no delivery confirmation!

Happy holidays!

Originally Posted by MrDplus
I received a couple items from my Amazon Wish List today. I don't know if they're from the same SS, or from two different ones.

- Under Armour outdoor hood. This came with a note indicating there would be a couple additional items coming up.

Thanks, SS, for this. I won't use it for night cycling , though, but for another hobby. I've been doing quite a bit of night photography lately, and winters in Iowa tend to be cold.

- SD card reader for USB C

Thanks, SS. It goes for the same hobby. I do editing on my MacBook, and I've had to carry my camera cord everywhere. Now I don't have to

And, since I mentioned my hobby. I'll be able to take more pics like this one.
Storm Lake, IA by David Esquiliano, on Flickr
Old Dec 17, 2015, 11:55 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
OK Gang, you are killing Head Santa here.....

As I indicated, you need to detail WHAT you ship to WHOM when you ship.... and also what you receive from WHOM (if you know) when you receive/open your gifts. In a PM, I am not keeping up with every single post here right now.

I have gotten several "I have shipped" with no details.... and several "I got THIS".... and I cannot match up .... so many of you are not getting credit for your gifts being received.

I am still very disappointed about the number of unshipped gifts / absent Santas I have right now.... please help me out.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by wharvey

As I indicated, you need to detail WHAT you ship to WHOM when you ship.... and also what you receive from WHOM (if you know) when you receive/open your gifts. In a PM, I am not keeping up with every single post here right now.

I have gotten several "I have shipped" with no details.... and several "I got THIS".... and I cannot match up .... so many of you are not getting credit for your gifts being received.

I am still very disappointed about the number of unshipped gifts / absent Santas I have right now.... please help me out.
How do we indicate if we've received the right number of gifts and we know from whom but not what? Based on the Amazon slips, I know I've received gifts from 2 different Santas, but I won't know what I've received until December 25. (I do not suscribe to the Kipper School when it comes to opening presents ) Do you want a PM that just says "I have received gifts from X" for now?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 12:20 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I am really the only one who can do that.... that is why it is critical that I get all the information. I place it in my spreadsheet.... so when you say "I got a "$55 Amazon Gift Card", I can look to your lines in the spreadsheet and see who sent it (IF THEY TOLD ME!).

It actually is simple if everyone follows the steps I have outlined.

I prefer knowing WHAT you received... but WHO is OK as well.

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
How do we indicate if we've received the right number of gifts and we know from whom but not what? Based on the Amazon slips, I know I've received gifts from 2 different Santas, but I won't know what I've received until December 25. (I do not suscribe to the Kipper School when it comes to opening presents ) Do you want a PM that just says "I have received gifts from X" for now?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: AC
4th package received

Got the fourth package in the mail today.

it came from Ottawa.

As indicated before, we will open up and post some pictures of all the gifts on Christmas eve.

Thanks

CANFORCE

Last edited by canforce; Dec 17, 2015 at 2:13 pm Reason: inability to write properly the first try
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, UA 2P
Best FT Santa ever.

KimmyAA wins the Internet with her thoughtfully wrapped presents and generosity with an upgrade. Best FT Santa ever.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by canforce
Got the fourth package in the mail today.

it came from Ottawa.

As indicated before, we will open up and post some pictures of all the gifts on Christmas eve.

Thanks

CANFORCE
Yay! Glad you received it. While I totally support waiting, there may a small bit of food in there. Maybe you can rifle through blindfolded and pluck it out? The food is fresh (shipped two days ago) but I'm not sure I'd want you eating it 8 days later. Sorry to ruin--at least partially--the suspense. But I'd also hate to see one of your gifts go in the trash.

Joyeuses fêtes from Ottawa!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Global Services , Marriott Platinum
Aww, thanks BillScann! I'm so glad the gift made it in time for Christmas! Happy Holidays!

Originally Posted by BillScann
KimmyAA wins the Internet with her thoughtfully wrapped presents and generosity with an upgrade. Best FT Santa ever.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by thorpeflyer
Yay! Glad you received it. While I totally support waiting, there may a small bit of food in there. Maybe you can rifle through blindfolded and pluck it out? The food is fresh (shipped two days ago) but I'm not sure I'd want you eating it 8 days later. Sorry to ruin--at least partially--the suspense. But I'd also hate to see one of your gifts go in the trash.

Joyeuses fêtes from Ottawa!
Merci beaucoup pour le cadeau. Je vais ouvrir le cadeau ce soir!!!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I am really the only one who can do that.... that is why it is critical that I get all the information. I place it in my spreadsheet.... so when you say "I got a "$55 Amazon Gift Card", I can look to your lines in the spreadsheet and see who sent it (IF THEY TOLD ME!).

It actually is simple if everyone follows the steps I have outlined.

I prefer knowing WHAT you received... but WHO is OK as well.
See, my school of opening presents helps!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat

Guilty! But I have fixed it and you should have your (fairly) complete list of what I sent and to whom.

As of today, I have received one present and although with a little thinking figured out who my SS is for that. I will post a picture tomorrow. I am completely knackered from wrapping and mailing three Secret Santa packages and two (for four dogs ) Santa Paws gifts. I'm fixing a spiked eggnog and resting a bit.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet Rewards
A small box of goodies came into the office today. Inside was a cute little jar cake in double chocolate flavour, 3-D table tiles, a.k.a. coasters I can play with, a package of highly coveted Michel Cluizel single origin dark chocolate squares (so difficult to buy at home!), a retro Christmas postcard and a lovely handwritten note on Fairmont Chateau Laurier stationery explaining that one item is still to come, shipping directly from retailer to me.

Thanks Thorpeflyer!

Looking forward to receiving the last piece but I'll be sad when this is all over. This gift is from my last Secret Santa.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Dec 17, 2015 at 5:24 pm Reason: Resized image and fixed link
Old Dec 17, 2015, 5:00 pm

I realized that I forgot to put my Apartment # in my Santa sign-up, so if any of my santas are wondering why I haven't received their gifts yet, that may be why!
(As I posted before, so far I've received DevilDawg 1960's awesome mug, chocolates, and gift card, as well as a few items from Santa(s) unknown: a $50 certificate to a local restaurant and my favorite item yet - a Pizza John T-shirt! [if you're confused, look up the vlogbrothers on YouTube])
Can't wait to see what's next!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.