Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
Dear Mystery Santa,

Thank you for the electric grill—it will be well used. Sorry I cannot post a pic, I have tried and failed at posting photos to the thread.

Happy Holidays!
TokyoFoodie.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL Silver

My last secret santa gift came in and I love it!

I received a jewelry travel case, a beer lover's guide (which I most definitely will be doing), a snarky bar and a coconut lime body scrub. I can't wait to use everything.

I also received a very nice Christmas card from Kipper and I will take her up on her offer to go on a beer adventure.

Thank you for everything!
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Glamette, let me know how you like the Perfectly Posh stuff. I love the Snarky scent, and well, the name too.

Any time you want to go on a beer journey, just PM me.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by miko2a
UPS delivered a package from EBags to my front porch on Sunday. It's confirmed it was in fact from my very secret Santa. Inside was a Osprey flapjack day pack. What was amazing was it's the same color as two of my other Osprey travel bags. Which is why I initially thought it had to be from someone I knew. Thank you secret Santa. It's perfect.

I was your secret Santa. There wasn't an option to include a card, so I was hoping you would figure it out glad you liked it.

marcia
Old Dec 29, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: AC 25k
I had a final surprise in the mail today from my SS (I knew it had been delayed in the mail).

3 beautifully wrapped presents and a card!!!

A hilarious card, chocolates for Mrs. YQMYMM (She loved them!), a book for my to-read pile and a wonderful Star Wars model. I can't wait to put the model together!!!

Thank you so much for the wonderful presents nomadic.relief and thanks again wharvey for putting this together! I can't wait until next year's!

Old Dec 29, 2015, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL Silver
Will do Kipper!

I'm moving to a new house and have a spa day planned after the move. I look forward to using it then I will definitely PM you when I want to go on a beer journey (Doesn't that sound like a mystical quest?).
Old Dec 30, 2015, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Glamette
Will do Kipper!

I'm moving to a new house and have a spa day planned after the move. I look forward to using it then I will definitely PM you when I want to go on a beer journey (Doesn't that sound like a mystical quest?).
LOL, after a move you definitely need a spa day! I'd have sent you bath bombs too, had I known that!

It does sound like a mystical quest. I love it!
Old Dec 31, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: Miles&More
On tuesday i got my second but last secret santa gift. again it's from france and again it is filled with delicious things that are harmful to my weight

Well a big thank you to my secret santa especially for the rum, my wife now wants to travel to DomRep for more of it.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: AC, UA, HH, MR, and the other usual suspects
I was going through some family business mail late Tuesday and found that the House Elves had misfiled a packet addressed to me. Enclosed were some wonderful hand made cat toys in Christmas colours. I packed them to take back to Montreal, and when I arrived home, one of my cats became very interested in what was in my suitcase and decided to help me unpack!

Thanks again, Deds1, for the thoughtful and very popular gifts! Freebs did share with Amy, my other cat.

We will keep looking for that other package.

Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:36 am

I'm hoping that my two recipients who didn't post also enjoyed their gifts-let's hope they didn't drop off the face of the earth...

Originally Posted by miko2a
Got a box of chocolates from my last year secret Santa who had gone missing in action
Old Jan 2, 2016, 1:43 pm

I'm glad you liked it!

Originally Posted by Gberg
Apologies for the delayed picture posting but received this AWESOME gift from my secret santa. Beautiful Pan Am Innovator bag

Old Jan 3, 2016, 3:26 am

Programs: Too many

Still nothing from two of mine however I think one is away. The other has never commented on this thread ever
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Jinxy
Still nothing from two of mine however I think one is away. The other has never commented on this thread ever
Are your gifts stuck in the customs black hole?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
I want to express my deep gratitude to Wharvey for all his efforts to make this work. I look forward to participating every year.

As a repeat participant I know that there are times when someone will sign up and then not follow through with their responsibilities. This is an unfortunate reality of life and Wharvey has absolutely no control over these situations; anyone who disparages him is an ungrateful fool.

Thanks again Wharvey - you rock!
Old Jan 3, 2016, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Jinxy
If I am one of your two, I am on my flight back to Japan right now so wait for a Jan 5th update. :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.