Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Hyatt & IHG
Good evening,
I would like to Thank my secret Santa, Bxian, for the assortment of goodies I received. My daughter really liked the lolly pops.

Thank you once again.

Sandra
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Shipped off my two packages today from a sub-post office contained in a grocery store here in the 98103. Tried packing things snug but ran out of newspaper. Nothing is fragile per se, but I forsee some some food smooshing and perhaps a cheap battery going out. :/

Those are my only hints.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: American Airlines
I received an awesome package from a Secret Santa yesterday, filled with all sorts of goodies that will get lots of use:

- 64 oz flask with a knit sweater cover
- Cleveland Browns fleece blanket
- Euchre
- Portable Bluetooth speaker
- Lots of candy.

All in all, a thoughtful gift! Thanks, Secret Santa!

Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: DL Silver
Originally Posted by thehowieee
ship it now. If they're like me, where you travel for Christmas, the early arriving package will be nice.

We're gone the week before and after Christmas so any packages we get will sit for up to 2 weeks at the post office, with UPS/fedex
Hmmmm, that's a good point.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:03 am

Programs: Santa's Workshop
The Elves in the workshop are just about caught up with production. They're still working on preparing their final Secret Santa gifts. If we find out that someone hasn't sent a gift, we're going to be upset.

Since everything seems to be under control I'm headed to LAS for my annual Elf sales meetings. This last minute pep talk will get us through the busy holiday season.

If anyone sends a PM with any last minute inquiries, you'll have to be patient until I respond. Shouldn't be more than a couple of days.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
How are people handling shipping bottles of alcohol overseas? I have a bottle I want to send as part of my package but was told by the USPS it is illegal to ship alcohol. I'm figuring there is a way around it since wineries ship. Will Fed Ex or UPS allow it? Or do you just not put it on the customs form? I'll be shipping a bottle with some other stuff
Based on limited research, I don't think it's legal for a private citizen to do that. Wineries have liquor licenses, pay special taxes, follow ATF regulations, etc. that a private citizen doesn't/can't do.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold
I have just returned from 2 weeks away with work to find my second secret santa has delivered! There is a large box that looks like it may contain alcohol, and 3 separate smaller Amazon packages!

Please excuse me not providing further explination, but I am saving opening them until a bit closer to Christmas, when I shall report back!

To my second Santa, thank you, your gift has arrived, I look forward to opening it!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Now that I have already informed Santa Boss (a.k.a. wharvey) I can confirm shipment of all my gifts to their respective Santees, all of them in the US.

I have also received two postcards from one of my Secret Santas, who seems to be on the road; one from San Francisco and another one from London, incidentally, sent just before I travelled there for a course last week.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Shuttle_Endeavour You are welcome!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: Too many
Originally Posted by FlyingCow
Now that I have already informed Santa Boss (a.k.a. wharvey) I can confirm shipment of all my gifts to their respective Santees, all of them in the US.

I have also received two postcards from one of my Secret Santas, who seems to be on the road; one from San Francisco and another one from London, incidentally, sent just before I travelled there for a course last week.
We have at least one of the same Santa as I got postcards from San Fran and London too!!!!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
I just got my assignment yesterday since I stupidly turned PMs off & didn't/couldn't receive it earlier, but I started working on Santa's shop last night & hope to finish tonight, shipping asap. Will update.

My mail handler at home says a package arrived so that's likely my inbound, but I won't reach home until 12/19.

Last edited by Richard Chen; Dec 11, 2015 at 6:55 am
Old Dec 9, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
All packages have been shipped. One was delivered on Dec. 1st; the others will be delivered this week and next Monday.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 5:22 pm

so someone got me Cards Against Humanity's annual holiday gifts, and this year it's "Eight Sensible Gifts for Hanukkah". So far I've gotten three days of gifts, and each of them so far has been a pair of socks with a lit menorah for each day of the program accompanied by a story-let's see what the other five days have in store...

Last edited by steveman518; Jan 7, 2016 at 12:39 pm
Old Dec 9, 2015, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by flipstah
Be on the lookout for Part 2.
I believe part 2 arrived... a Star Trek coffee tumbler. I will take a photo of it when I have a chance later this afternoon.

I wonder if I can find a place that sells raktajino.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Thank You SteveHK

Received my first Secret Santa gift today from fellow Chicagoan SteveHK and it's a good one! A very nice bottle of wine was received and now I will need to make a great meal to go along with it. I also received a Barnes and Noble Nook gift card that will go to good use. Plus I got a fabulous smelling grapefruit candle. Even hubby liked the smell and he's a tough sell.

Thank You so much for my lovely gifts. Hope your Secret Santas treat you as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.