Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2015, 1:31 pm

Gifts received

There was a bit of confusion, but I think I have sorted out my Secret Santa gifts. (please let me know if I goofed!)

From SandraTravels:

First came the the bag of Ghirardelli Chocolates, pictured in post #151. I regret to state these did not make it to Christmas, but they were delicious.

Second was a beautiful box of assorted teas and a tea strainer. As we are currently in a timeshare which has a teapot but no tea strainer, this is an immensely useful and much appreciated gift.

It was a bit trickier determining what was from my second Secret Santa ('cause Amazon did some weird things with the paperwork) but I believe the following are from Santina91

The calendar has some amazing photos, and I'm wondering if these were taken by Santina91? The screen protector was immediately put into use on my new iPhone.

And also a book on producing independent films, which may be the direction my career goes in 2016.

All in all, I am delighted with the gifts and very grateful.

Thanks, Santas!
Old Dec 25, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
Just got home today from the holidays and awaits me is a package from BC!

It's a Bluetooth RC helicopter(!). a membership to an iPhone security service, and a charger! Thanks
Old Dec 25, 2015, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Many thanks to my other secret santa's whose gifts I opened today. Quel surprise! A beautiful candy dish from Finland, foods from Japan and other parts of Asia, lots of food and other goodies from Ireland, and a book that combines two of my favorite things: wine and Concorde! Many thanks all, I will be posting pictures soon!

For now back to wine and Christmas feasting!
Old Dec 25, 2015, 2:56 pm

So I'm feeling super lucky this year:

From a SS that is HK based - love the scarf, colours are just right! I know I read the book when I was in high school, but can't remember much other than everyone being killed one at a time, so I'm due for a re-read. How you knew my coffee supply was dwindling is beyond me, but I'm excited to try a new kind. And don't worry about the beer - it's a pain to ship internationally!

From ANOTHER anonymous FTer (not the same as the other one I mentioned earlier who sent me an e-gift card) who clearly notes that they were NOT my SS. The socks are lovely, so very soft and match my "reading pants" perfectly! I was super stoked to see The Girl in the Spider's Web - I loved the originals in the series and only last week noticed this one was out. The other book looks to be an interesting read on someone I've never heard of, love that sort of thing!

And apparently I have yet one more parcel to pick up next week.

Truly, the unexpected generosity on FT can be overwhelming. A most heartfelt thank you to my Secret Santas and Super Secret Santas.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
... The other book looks to be an interesting read on someone I've never heard of, love that sort of thing!....
You've never heard of Elon Musk? Do you never notice the tons on Tesla's being driven around here in YVR? Or saw SpaceX on the news? A little service called Paypal? Great gifts and looks like a good read.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
You've never heard of Elon Musk? Do you never notice the tons on Tesla's being driven around here in YVR? Great gifts and looks like a good read.
LOL yes, I'm not TOTALLY in the dark, could even recognize one in a line up ... just had no idea who was behind them.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960
Received 2 boxes See's chocolate, two special dark chocolate bars (one sea salt the other orange), a Poket Monkey multi tool (flat so excellent for travel), gadget for my ear buds to wind around (also fantastic for travel - mine are always getting tangled), a Washington State credit card sized mini flashlight, and a fantastic book "The Best Place to Be Today" with great travel ideas.

Thank you very much to my anonymous Secret Santa. I appreciate the thought and effort of your gift. See's chocolates are legendary. ALl the travel items will be with me on many trips.

Merry Christmas to all.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...766-image.html
I hope you find your gifts delicious, useful and inspiring.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 7:08 pm

Got a box of chocolates from my last year secret Santa who had gone missing in action
Old Dec 25, 2015, 7:49 pm

Glad everything arrived safely!! Yes, the photos in the calendar were all taken by me (and all in the past 12 months if I'm not mistaking!) Glad you like them & merry christmas!!

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
There was a bit of confusion, but I think I have sorted out my Secret Santa gifts. (please let me know if I goofed!)

From SandraTravels:

First came the the bag of Ghirardelli Chocolates, pictured in post #151. I regret to state these did not make it to Christmas, but they were delicious.

Second was a beautiful box of assorted teas and a tea strainer. As we are currently in a timeshare which has a teapot but no tea strainer, this is an immensely useful and much appreciated gift.

It was a bit trickier determining what was from my second Secret Santa ('cause Amazon did some weird things with the paperwork) but I believe the following are from Santina91

The calendar has some amazing photos, and I'm wondering if these were taken by Santina91? The screen protector was immediately put into use on my new iPhone.

And also a book on producing independent films, which may be the direction my career goes in 2016.

All in all, I am delighted with the gifts and very grateful.

Thanks, Santas!
Old Dec 25, 2015, 7:50 pm

Received a gift of THE CUTEST plane + purple stone necklace! I wore it on Christmas eve and can't wait to show it off more Thanks secret santa!
Old Dec 25, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: AC, UA, HH, MR, and the other usual suspects
Gifts Received on Christmas Eve

Opened the front door last night to find that Santa had been by sometime that evening. So much for the NORAD tracker!

I found a box full of wonderful gifts from my Seattle area SS: very cute cat cookie cutters that I can't wait to try out, a book entitled "I Could Pee on This," (my cat Amy should write the sequel: "I Could Chew the Power Cord for This, "The Martian" novel (saw the movie and have been planning to read the book but hadn't bought it yet - how did you read my mind?), a colouring book of "Colorful Cats," a Fiskars weed puller that will come in very handy, a box of Seattle Chocolates and one of Dilettantes (remember these from when I lived in Seattle years ago).

Very generous gifts that I am enjoying immensely. Thanks, Santa! This was amazing!

Last edited by dibby; Dec 25, 2015 at 8:26 pm Reason: Picture posting
Old Dec 25, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
I have been running pillar to post this past week and will be off on my last journey of the year tomorrow. Flying up to NYC to spend two days then off to the countryside to visit family.

I have not had time to organize and take pictures but will do so after the New Year.

I have received the most beautiful (and coveted) airplane necklace (with what looks like may be a smoky topaz or yellow quartz stone) and Lush goodies and some treats for Goldie as well. Thanks so much aaucello !!!

I received a beautiful calendar from Secret Santa 2 (who happens to be a photographer) and a packable backpack (that folds up to an incredibly small size! Thanks so much santina91.

And my last package which was delivered on Wednesday and was chock full of surprises. Starbucks Reserve Coffee and a Reserve Starbucks card - yummy caramel popcorn and candies together with some cute Christmas cookies (packed in my bag to take with me) and some Zinnia seeds for my garden in the spring. Not sure who this Secret Santa may be, but she is definitely from the state of Washington, and most probably from the Seattle area. Thanks so very much! Your gifts were spot on!

Pictures to follow when I return!
Old Dec 26, 2015, 3:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Thanks again to my Secret Santas! As promised, here are the pics of the gifts opened on Christmas

Old Dec 26, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
many many thanks for the secret santa gift. There was a bump in the road when some evil elves made off with the package, but the SS was kind enough to have it reshipped.

I got some pretty sweet Harry Potter swag:
Scarf, book marks, luggage tags.

A book by Ken Jennings.

I have a picture, just have to figure out how to add it.

Thank you and Merry Christmas.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:03 am
formerly sahiljain22

Programs: Amex Plat; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; United 1K; National EE; HSBC Premier
Got the perfect christmas gift from eunduklee, thanks my friend and best wishes for the holiday season and the new year ahead!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.