Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2015, 3:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
My two packages were shipped yesterday via UPS as I learned that USPS cannot ship wine. This is my first year of participating and hope both of my US based recipients like what they will get.

I also received a package from a Santa based in Singapore! That's one of my favorite places to visit and it will be tough to wait for Christmas to open it! I will post pics once the day arrives.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Arrived home from Munich (my last business trip of the year!) to a package from someone in Seattle.. Opened the box and inside were five beautifully wrapped presents all tied together with ribin and a card. I am saving to open until Christmas. I do not know who the Secret Santa is (it may be disclosed in the card when I open it). To whoever is responsible, thank you!!! I am attempting to post a picture below.

Old Dec 12, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
And now that I have re-learned how to post pictures, below is a picture of two more beautifully wrapped presents I received earlier (see post 246). They arrived with a card (not in photo) which stated on the outside not to open until after I open the gifts. I am holding these for Christmas.

Last edited by DevilDawg1960; Dec 12, 2015 at 3:55 pm
Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I admire all of you with the self control to wait until Christmas to open presents.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: FB Platinum
I totally forgot to include this in my previous post, but I'm working and won't get home until the 23rd. I know the post has attempted the delivery of an US originated package and I wasn't home, so I guess that's at least one of my Santas They will keep any packages until I get back, so they won't be lost either.

So, it's not that I'm being mean and / or lazy, just a bit far away from home at the moment.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:57 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Got a FedEx notification that a gift will be arriving for me tomorrow! Thanks in advance to my Texas SS, and look forward to opening it when I get back home on Wednesday
Old Dec 13, 2015, 3:04 pm

A big thank you to a (still secret) Secret Santa for the Laboratoire Remede Body Contour Lotion and Body Wash -- better known as St. Regis bath products! The lotion is my absolute favorite and I'm excited that I no longer need to ration what I took from the hotel
Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
So I could wait to open some of the presents. An awesome frog wine stopper from the same Santa who gave me a magnum of wine. And a cool camera bag from another Santa.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I had a second delivery from Santa waiting at the office today as I returned from a quick trip to London. It is also from a Santa in Hiroshima. If there are two Santas in Hiroshima, or if it is the same Santa (or forwarding on behalf of someone) I am not entirely sure as I have not opened my packages yet.

When I complete my Xmas shopping for my family today, I will know if there is space to bring my Secret Santa gifts with me, or I have to open them early.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet Rewards
Just packed up and sent off my last Secret Santa gift. I had to wait for my personal executive elf to retrieve a special item from a certain magical kingdom. Said magical kingdom does offer online shopping but does not ship this special item beyond the continental USA. I have dispatched said item to the west coast. These are all the clues allotted for a lucky recipient.

BTW, executive elf happened to be on personal business (i.e. vacation) which is a rare occurrence so close to the holidays but had numerous banked hours and points to travel, doing a huge favour for this Santa.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Having completed my shopping, I have a volume problem so I decided not to bring the gifts to Europe and back again. So here is the first picture of my gifts.

The two boxes from Hiroshima was from the same Santa. The first box contained two special bottles of sake, that I really look forward to try. The second box various goodies from Hiroshima, a cookbook to inspire my future cooking experiments and a Thai F Rimova kit.

A big thank you from Tokyo to Hiroshima, a really impressive and well chosen gift.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:04 am

Received a gift from my second Secret Santa - a $55 Amazon gift card. Many thanks!

(sparing you guys the photos ).
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:48 am

Gift Received

Hello everyone,

I have received a gift from one of my Secret Santas, who obviously took the time to read through my "wish list" that I sent in my e-mail to wharvey. It is from the Highland Mint, a Toronto Blue Jays stadium pictures with facsimile signatures of the players from the 2015 team - which was a memorable year for them.

Thanks Santa! Now just deciding which wall to hang it on.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: DL Silver
Second round of gifts sent. PM sent to Wharvey. Only one specific gift left to buy, I've been shopping all over the place. Which of course is my favorite thing to do.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by kipper
I admire all of you with the self control to wait until Christmas to open presents.
Here Here, I rip my open immediately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.