Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:59 am

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
dang... my SS gave me nada, in they way of information...

I sent the first package straight from DC...first of a few gifts my fellow non-giver of information for FlyerTalk Secret Santa.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 4:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt
I received an amazon package recently as well.I opened it up thinking it was one of the gifts I bought for someone else.It wasn't... and it's the first time I've ever seen a nicely wrapped gift from Amazon.

I tried resisting. for a grand total of 15 minutes. Then I opened it

I got two lonely planet books, one on Hawaii and one on Maui. I also received a Hyatt gift card in a seperate amazon letter shipment which I too opened.

Thanks secret santa!

(I assume these two are from the same sender... or maybe not)

(I guess I should have provided a seperate shipping address that guarantees i won't open it till Christmas. )
Old Nov 18, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: Too many
I have started shopping for mine. Normally I would have posted by now, but trying to wait a bit this year!!!

Here's hoping my postage costs are a little cheaper this year (for those that remember my postage costs end up being up around the $200 mark!)
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:21 am
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
ordered the gifts for the person, I will be gifting to. since I wanted to add something to the box, I made the amazon delivery come to me. maybe I should sent those items to him directly and then sent the last piece separately. I guess its all good, at least he is in LA, shipping shouldn't be too bad.
here is to hoping the theme comes together and he likes it.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:36 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Chief Santa Update:

Remember, just a few more days to sign up or ask for more assignments.

You must send me a private message when you ship or receive a gift with the details. Do not assume I will read this thread for updates. Do not send the updates to Head Elf! Use my Head Elf on getting more information on your Santa if needed.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Note: I am a bit disappointed in some of the early gifts being delivered. Several were not packed well and broke, wrong sizes.... or expired items.

Understand, I expect you to take the time to fulfill your commitment fully. I reserve the right to exclude anyone in future years who cannot meet their commitments. I am already having to get involved in issues and it is not even December!
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Additional note.... there are several of you who are not on the list. There are two reasons you are not on the list.

1. You did not complete the registration requirements as detailed. Sending me a message that you want to participate... with no other information will not get you in!

2. You were outrageous in your "gift requests". I had at least three people who provided one gift they wanted and in each case they were over $300 in value. That is NOT going to happen.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 2:31 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wharvey
Chief Santa Update:

Remember, just a few more days to sign up or ask for more assignments.

You must send me a private message when you ship or receive a gift with the details. Do not assume I will read this thread for updates. Do not send the updates to Head Elf! Use my Head Elf on getting more information on your Santa if needed.
do you want the info the same way as the first time. or just resend the original email saying bring it on for one more? lol

first year and I signed up for one, and it went well (I think). part of me wants to sign up for a second one. don't want to over do it.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA, Amex, HH, MP
Just updating mine: Few more days for my stuff to get sent out, just waiting on a few items, I cant wait! I have no doubt I will get more gifts lol, if there is one thing I have its faith in humanity, regardless of how we can be at times this is something that should be fun and enjoyable. Being able to turn dem frowns upside down for people you don't know is pretty badass in my opinion, let alone giving smiles and laughter to others is pretty awesome. Even my wife is all about this. (sorry on the bad word)
Old Nov 18, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Looks like I'll be delivering on the later side...

I've planned out what all of my recipients will be receiving but I'm having everything shipped to me so I can combine multiple items into one package and put cards in the packages before I mail them to my recipients. Don't worry if you don't get a package until closer to Christmas -- some of us ship later in the season!

EDIT: I ended up changing my mind and had the gifts shipped directly to my recipients. Hopefully my gifts will start arriving soon!

Last edited by levenhopper; Nov 23, 2015 at 11:44 pm Reason: Change of plans
Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: American Airlines
I received the first part of my second gift today! Another anonymous Secret Santa sent me the Monopoly Cards game along with a rousing endorsement of the game when turned into a drinking game. My friends have already expressed their excitement to use the game this Friday at our "friendsgiving" and I'm sure it'll get many more uses after that.

With the mention of two more packages still to come from this Secret Santa, I can't wait to see what else is coming!
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet Rewards
Originally Posted by wharvey
Note: I am a bit disappointed in some of the early gifts being delivered. Several were not packed well and broke, wrong sizes.... or expired items.

Understand, I expect you to take the time to fulfill your commitment fully. I reserve the right to exclude anyone in future years who cannot meet their commitments. I am already having to get involved in issues and it is not even December!
I can't believe some of the earlybirds who are so keen to get packages sent out are so flaky in their poor choice of gifts. As for packaging, I have received items from national retailers in the past that were poorly packed, e.g. decorative harware knobs and finials wrapped in tissue paper and a thin bristol board consistency box (think Kleenex box) that arrived with a giant hole and pieces missing.

C'mon folks, it's a completely voluntary program.

On my end I have done some in person shopping for my recipients, waiting for some other items to arrive so I can gift wrap and package together. I'm still wondering what to get for one of my recipients who was rather spartan in their desired gifts/hobbies/interests. I still haven't received answers to my additional questions relayed by a third party
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:44 am
Original Poster

If you don't want to change anything... just forward your initial request and tell me how many more Santas you want.

Originally Posted by fadynaime
do you want the info the same way as the first time. or just resend the original email saying bring it on for one more? lol

first year and I signed up for one, and it went well (I think). part of me wants to sign up for a second one. don't want to over do it.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Originally Posted by Fragola
I'm still wondering what to get for one of my recipients who was rather spartan in their desired gifts/hobbies/interests. I still haven't received answers to my additional questions relayed by a third party
It's possible that some of us are flying, and away on business.
It's possible some people won't respond.
It's possible some people are busy with work.

You may be waiting for a response, but I'm waiting to hear back from a few people. I'll forward any responses I receive within 24 hours. Now if you'll excuse me, one of the Elves has a question.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, Avis Prefered
My first gifts of the season!

And yes, like Kipper I cannot wait, you send it I will open and enjoy!!! Thanks Samosa for some wonderful gifts. A Italian phrase book (that has so much more than just phrases, lots of travel tips) for my planned trip to Italy next May, a really cool wall mounted bottler open that will be a welcome addition to the Man Cave, three different sauces, and a rub/spice assortment.

Thank you again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.