Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I received my two assigments yesterday, and have already done the first bit of shopping.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 1:11 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
received my assignment. this is going to be fun. its my first year, so I guess my first question (for now), what is the process of reaching out to the person I'm buying a gift for, to ask and get some clarifications, can I reach out directly to them?. it just happens that their hobby/hint is something I enjoy too, so I have some questions to make sure the gift is not a dud. thank you
Old Nov 9, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by HeadElf53
HeadElf53 looks forward to assisting Santa and you in preparing for Secret Santa. Feel free to PM me if you need a 3rd person to make inquires of your Santee. Everything is confidental.
fadynaime: HeadElf53 typically acts as an intermediary between the giver and the recipient if the giver has questions to ask the recipient. Shoot him a PM and he'll anonymously ask your question and provide you with the person's reply.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 5:26 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by levenhopper
fadynaime: HeadElf53 typically acts as an intermediary between the giver and the recipient if the giver has questions to ask the recipient. Shoot him a PM and he'll anonymously ask your question and provide you with the person's reply.
thank you for that. I thought I read it, I just couldn't remember on which page.

just trying to do a good job on my first year
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
Here. We. Go.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 4:37 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Yaay! Got my assignments over the weekend, and I can't be more thrilled! Will probably start enquiries today, and shopping tomorrow. I love having the little red fat guy icon
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt
I'm excited too!

I just got my first three assignments and have started planning for world do.... i mean gifting.

I looked through the first post and didn't really see anything on this. Is it acceptable to ship out the presents really early? Like say... November 19th before I fly out of the country? I come back in mid december and I doubt there is enough time to ship it out then... maybe.

Though I can see how this might be a problem, there's a package that the recipient can't open till a month later... hmmm.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by madguy2
I'm excited too!

I just got my first three assignments and have started planning for world do.... i mean gifting.

I looked through the first post and didn't really see anything on this. Is it acceptable to ship out the presents really early? Like say... November 19th before I fly out of the country? I come back in mid december and I doubt there is enough time to ship it out then... maybe.

Though I can see how this might be a problem, there's a package that the recipient can't open till a month later... hmmm.
Early is better than late
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:29 am

I'm excited too!

Read previous years' threads. If you ship to Kipper, it will be opened immediately upon arrival. Others vary in how they long they can resist temptation. Me, I wait until Christmas - my early training didn't allow for peeking.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:43 am
Formerly known as kmht

Programs: Alcoholics Anonymous
I'm in. This will be my first secret santa with this group so I look forward to seeing what happens!
Old Nov 10, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: DL Silver
Woot woot got my assignments today. I can't wait to start shopping. If it's one thing I love most in this world, it's spending money.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 4:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I'm excited too!

You can ask for an alternate shipping address, so it won't be opened until closer to then. Or, perhaps someone else is willing to ship it closer to the date?
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Read previous years' threads. If you ship to Kipper, it will be opened immediately upon arrival. Others vary in how they long they can resist temptation. Me, I wait until Christmas - my early training didn't allow for peeking.
LOL! I do offer an alternate shipping address, where I won't be able to open it until close to December 25.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:27 am

Hi everyone! This is my first year and I'm really looking forward to it! Can't wait!
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:36 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Got my assignment as well Just a heads up for my santa, I just changed my FT handle.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 5:55 am
Formerly known as kmht

Programs: Alcoholics Anonymous
aww man, I don't get a cool santa icon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.