Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Merchant Offers

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2022, 8:11 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Any data points if the Uber and Uber Eats offers can be used on Uber Cash refills?
Old May 6, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by moe8555
Same, a Premier and Prestige that never had offers have now started to receive. They seem to be of a lesser quantity and quality than the offers on my Rewards+ (which, unlike the aforementioned two, has been getting them since card issuance)
All of my Custom Cash cards made it to the list as of today, and 3 of them even received lucrative BP offers, out of those 2 can be used once, and one can be used twice.
This opens an opportunity to convert my other cards with offers to Custom Cash. I still have one Preferred card left, which is not converted to CC, and I was thinking about converting Premier (after I'll get Savor One), 2 Rewards+, and maybe Double Cash too, since I have Venture X already.
Most of Premier categories are covered by other cards, such as Prestige (dining, airfare, hotels, travel agencies), Wyndham Business (gas). The only category, which I use with Premier is groceries, and even then, I mostly use Altitude Reserve instead via mobile wallet.
Old May 6, 2022, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Anyone know if there is a specific customer service team we can ask to speak with (for offers that haven't posted to my account as they should).

Frontline agents are clueless.
Old May 6, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by HoKo
Anyone know if there is a specific customer service team we can ask to speak with (for offers that haven't posted to my account as they should).

Frontline agents are clueless.
I'm also waiting since April 3rd. The offers posted on offers page, but not to the card yet. There was a delay before as well, but not as long as this time.
Old May 7, 2022, 4:58 pm

80% of the time these offers do not post. I find that Citi is not worth the hassle. The offers get mysteriously dropped from the page for one. Worst is they credits just don't post. The ones that gets posted would post within a few days. The ones that don't will never get credit. When when you contact customer service, the will shove it off by saying that it will take 1 - 2 billing cycles. The truth is they wont post no matter. Even if it says "redeemed" on their site. I got into the habit of taking screenshots of all the offers cos they will either say you didn't add the offer or they will say it has already expired. if you are lucky, the rep can manually put in the credit for you after you "beg" for for it and the put you on hold forever. If you are not, some reps will just disconnect you call/chat. This is very unprofessional for a big company like Citi. Spending so much time on these offers and having to "beg" for them is totally not worth it to save a few bucks. I'll probably file a formal complaint with cfpb.
Old May 9, 2022, 6:40 pm

The $10 BP offer is showing as redeemed back in early April but still has not credited. Actually today I don't even have the merchant offers link under Offers for You. Just terrible. Amex and Chase offers are pretty reliable for me.
MaxVO likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by yugi
I have seen few new cards started getting offers - Premier and one of the Rewards+ cards, also AT&T Access More made it to the list and started getting offers, but Custom Cashes are not on the list.
I wanted to add, our ATTAM started to get offers - only 6 currently though. As a point of comparison, our Preferred card has like 150ish offers. Our Rewards+ still has none. Nothing particularly lucrative, however.
Old May 11, 2022, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by voodoogirl
The $10 BP offer is showing as redeemed back in early April but still has not credited. Actually today I don't even have the merchant offers link under Offers for You. Just terrible. Amex and Chase offers are pretty reliable for me.
$10 credits from early april gas puchase at BP posted on two cards for me today.
Old May 11, 2022, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by hhllau
80% of the time these offers do not post. I find that Citi is not worth the hassle. The offers get mysteriously dropped from the page for one. Worst is they credits just don't post. The ones that gets posted would post within a few days. The ones that don't will never get credit. When when you contact customer service, the will shove it off by saying that it will take 1 - 2 billing cycles. The truth is they wont post no matter. Even if it says "redeemed" on their site. I got into the habit of taking screenshots of all the offers cos they will either say you didn't add the offer or they will say it has already expired. if you are lucky, the rep can manually put in the credit for you after you "beg" for for it and the put you on hold forever. If you are not, some reps will just disconnect you call/chat. This is very unprofessional for a big company like Citi. Spending so much time on these offers and having to "beg" for them is totally not worth it to save a few bucks. I'll probably file a formal complaint with cfpb.
All of my offers posted today (dated May 9th). Those were BP offers from beginning of April and later offers from Exxon.
I haven't seen offer that didn't post to my card, but it takes time.
Old May 11, 2022, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by brajalle
I wanted to add, our ATTAM started to get offers - only 6 currently though. As a point of comparison, our Preferred card has like 150ish offers. Our Rewards+ still has none. Nothing particularly lucrative, however.
I also had few offers on new cards, but now they all show 100+ offers, some appeared within minutes, some took few days. ATTAM got BP and Exxon offers too.
Old May 11, 2022, 8:56 pm

I also had few offers on new cards, but now they all show 100+ offers, some appeared within minutes, some took few days. ATTAM got BP and Exxon offers too.
Thanks for the tip. I went back and looked and had significantly more.
TYP, R+, ATTAM - had BP
TYP, ATTAM - had Exxon

Those are going to be handy on an upcoming trip. TIp - BP app has promo codes floating around for new sign-ups (40 cents/gallon off on first fillup). Exxon app has a link with AARP feature for a bit extra off per gallon. I usually use Kroger fuel points for purchases around the town, but these are pretty good.

Interesting observation on Flying J's cash back -
R+ & ATTAM had 3.5% CB
TYP had 2.5% CB - exact same terms

Last edited by brajalle; May 11, 2022 at 9:05 pm
Old May 11, 2022, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by brajalle
Thanks for the tip. I went back and looked and had significantly more.
TYP, R+, ATTAM - had BP
TYP, ATTAM - had Exxon

Those are going to be handy on an upcoming trip. TIp - BP app has promo codes floating around for new sign-ups (40 cents/gallon off on first fillup). Exxon app has a link with AARP feature for a bit extra off per gallon. I usually use Kroger fuel points for purchases around the town, but these are pretty good.

Interesting observation on Flying J's cash back -
R+ & ATTAM had 3.5% CB
TYP had 2.5% CB - exact same terms
Note that some of the offers has multiple use, some not, but I think all BP offers has 2 times use. I was also using BP offers on SimplyMiles, and they say nothing on how many time you can use them, but I was able to use them 2 time each. So this may be the case, if offer doesn't disappear from enrolled, that means you can use it again.

Last edited by yugi; May 11, 2022 at 9:47 pm
Old May 12, 2022, 12:50 am

... I think all BP offers has 2 times use. ...
if offer doesn't disappear from enrolled, that means you can use it again.
That's not the case. Complete T&C for each offer clearly spell out how many times it's good for. I expect that following the T&C will be more reliable than watching offers remaining or disappearing from the list.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: TP Gold; IB Oro; G3 Diamond; AD Diamond; LA Plat.; HH Diamond; IHG Diam Amb; Marriott Plat.
4X USD 10 Uber credits posted on my Premier account yesterday. Very sweet USD 40 credit.

I now have this same Uber offer in my Rewards+ account, which until recently had no offers at all.

Citi merchant offers are still not working as smoothly as Amex offers, but seem to be working fine, at least in my experience.
Old May 17, 2022, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by DiMAn0684
$10 credits from early april gas puchase at BP posted on two cards for me today.
Mine finally posted too.
MaxVO likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.