Citi Merchant Offers

Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by That_Guy_0001
I'm not seeing any merchant offers for my DC as well on the website and the app.
For how long have you had the DC card? With some of the other Citi cards, it seemed to me like it took a while for the merchant offers to show up on the iOS app even as older accounts of the same card type with their own login info showed merchant offers.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
For how long have you had the DC card? With some of the other Citi cards, it seemed to me like it took a while for the merchant offers to show up on the iOS app even as older accounts of the same card type with their own login info showed merchant offers.
My DC is still pretty new. I got it back in June. When I first got it, my DC couldn't see any merchant offers at all. The card benefits page did not list merchant offer as a card benefit as well. Then after 1 month in July, my DC was able to access merchant offer and the card benefit page listed merchant offers as a card benefit. I thought, ok, well looks like my DC has access now so I check on it once a week to see if anything good comes. Now in August, my DC no longer has access to merchant offers again even though the card benefits page listed merchant offers as a card benefit. So I'm wondering if this is Citi's IT system acting up again.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:29 pm
Suspended

My DC is still pretty new. I got it back in June. When I first got it, my DC couldn't see any merchant offers at all. The card benefits page did not list merchant offer as a card benefit as well. Then after 1 month in July, my DC was able to access merchant offer and the card benefit page listed merchant offers as a card benefit. I thought, ok, well looks like my DC has access now so I check on it once a week to see if anything good comes. Now in August, my DC no longer has access to merchant offers again even though the card benefits page listed merchant offers as a card benefit. So I'm wondering if this is Citi's IT system acting up again.
I've seen such offers-showing cycling happen with other Citi cards. It struck me as weird when I first saw it, but eventually it became reasonably reliable for me to see the offers. I'm quite happy with some of these offers I'm getting. Getting free Uber rides and UberEats on a no-annual-fee Citi card is nice.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:59 pm

I've seen such offers-showing cycling happen with other Citi cards. It struck me as weird when I first saw it, but eventually it became reasonably reliable for me to see the offers. I'm quite happy with some of these offers I'm getting. Getting free Uber rides and UberEats on a no-annual-fee Citi card is nice.
Yea, I've been happy with some of the merchant offers thrown my way as well. Especially the 5% Sam's Club offer that appears for like 5 months now on my CC and R+ card. Too bad I can't make use of the gas offers that Citi throws my way since my state doesn't have those gas stations in it.

If I had one complaint about Citi merchant offers, it is that the whole merchant offers page feels glitchy as hell. The redeemed page keeps showing my redeemed offers repeating over and over again. Literally, on one card I had the redeemed page list nothing but the same 3 sam's club redeemed offer over 15+ times. But so far every single offer I've used has paid out so I'm happy.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:12 am

This has been the same exact experience I've had, but with the Premier card. I've had it for just about three months. No offers for the first month or so, then the offers appeared (and some errored out when I tried to add them to card), and for the past month they've been gone again. The page itself doesn't load if I try to access it via the URL directly, and it doesn't exist in the app either.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Has anyone figured out who to contact when a Credit doesn't post? I have a few that are missing. Seems to be a bigger issue with the retail ones where they give a % off (although Sams club works everytime)
Old Nov 5, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Its quite amusing to see some no-fee Citi cards effectively more than pay for themselves via some of these merchant offers. For example. the Citi Rewards+ cards with the c. $10 back offers for Uber rides costing $10. My Uber registered offers all paid out very quickly.

Its probably a safe bet to assume that most of those Citi accounts with such offers on deck probably rarely or never register for these offers and thus may be leaving money on the table when they need not do so.

Registering for the offers on the Citi iOS app seems to go smoothly, once you realize how to quickly find them.
"OFFER DETAILS

Earn $10 back on any purchase.

Get $10 back from your first Uber ride.

TERMS OF USE

Get $10 back on any Uber trip purchased through the Uber app. Expires 11/30/2022. Offer excludes taxes. Not valid with other offers. Offer may be redeemed up to four (4) times per person."

I'm confused because it says first Uber ride but then is valid 4 times. Are people getting the $10 four times?

Do I have to set up a new Uber account to use this promo or does it work on old Uber accounts that have already taken rides?
Old Nov 5, 2022, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by hightide
...I'm confused because it says first Uber ride but then is valid 4 times. Are people getting the $10 four times?
I recall many months ago someone reporting that they got multiple credits from that offer. But Citi offers are not always consistent. I wouldn't count on a positive outcome every time.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 4:36 am
Suspended

"OFFER DETAILS

TERMS OF USE

Get $10 back on any Uber trip purchased through the Uber app. Expires 11/30/2022. Offer excludes taxes. Not valid with other offers. Offer may be redeemed up to four (4) times per person."

I'm confused because it says first Uber ride but then is valid 4 times. Are people getting the $10 four times?

Do I have to set up a new Uber account to use this promo or does it work on old Uber accounts that have already taken rides?
It worked on old Uber accounts, but the merchant offer-credited Citicards used had not previously been used for Uber rides prior to enrollment for the offer.
hightide likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
It worked on old Uber accounts, but the merchant offer-credited Citicards used had not previously been used for Uber rides prior to enrollment for the offer.
Looks like the ride doesn't even have to be a minimum of $10 to get the $10 back. Does a ride less than that, say $7, get $10 back?
Old Nov 9, 2022, 9:06 am
Suspended

Looks like the ride doesn't even have to be a minimum of $10 to get the $10 back. Does a ride less than that, say $7, get $10 back?
I don't know. I topped up the rides to make sure they would bill at least $10.00.
hightide and MaxVO like this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 3:59 am

Guess I'll be calling about the $20 Total Wine one. They are so bad compared to Chase and Amex with these offers.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by ymx
Any data points if the Uber and Uber Eats offers can be used on Uber Cash refills?
wondering the same thing
Old Nov 18, 2022, 10:11 pm

You can get $10 credit 4 times for sure, as long as there are Uber charges on your card on 4 DIFFERENT DAYS.

Remember, the most tricky part for Citi merchant offers is, any offers can only be triggered once per day per card.

"OFFER DETAILS

TERMS OF USE

MaxVO likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Daniel2000
You can get $10 credit 4 times for sure, as long as there are Uber charges on your card on 4 DIFFERENT DAYS.

Remember, the most tricky part for Citi merchant offers is, any offers can only be triggered once per day per card.
Maybe something changed, but that wasn't true last May and June. I used them on the same day and got credited. To answer the other question, reloading Uber Cash did not trigger the offer when I tried maybe last March.
MaxVO and jinu11 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.